Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Forum Concerns
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-27-2009, 09:50 AM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
New Feature...Group Membership

We have a new feature, click on User CP and go down to the Networking section and locate the "iRV2 Groups" button. Click it and join the "Appalachian Campers", "Texas Bomers", "Vintage RV Owners" Group, Owners and any others you see that you might be interested in belonging to.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-27-2009, 10:00 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Hello Ken,

I was able to join the Appalachian Campers group but got this error message when I tried to join the Fleetwood group:

tmar10, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
  1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
We would like to join this group as we are already members of BOA,BU, and FMA.
tmar10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 10:38 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
tmar10, it shows you are on both forums in the ID block.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
Old 03-27-2009, 10:39 AM   #4

Appalachian Campers
Forest River Owners Club
It let me join both of these groups.
mudpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 12:11 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Mudpuppy, I see you in the Appalachian Campers group but the FOC only asks if I want to cancel the join request. There is either an approval process or something else. I show no membership in the Fleetwood Owners Club on my end.

I do see it in the ID section but not in the groups area.
Old 03-27-2009, 12:35 PM   #6
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmar10 View Post
Mudpuppy, I see you in the Appalachian Campers group but the FOC only asks if I want to cancel the join request. There is either an approval process or something else. I show no membership in the Fleetwood Owners Club on my end.

I do see it in the ID section but not in the groups area.
There is an approval process and yours has been changed now. Please look again. You are really joining a group when you do this and your account will reflect association with that group. A small label will appear in your avatar block as well labeling you as a member of the Fleetwood Owners group.

This new feature is still being tweaked, but should have some cool features when it's finished. You can send PM's with one click to the entire group, view a list of all others in the group and some other networking features.

Edited with update: the approval process has been removed - you can just join any group as you desire.

iRV2 Custom Search Tool
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 01:24 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Thanks for support of all the administrators as we all navigate our way though this new environment....I can't wait to see all of the new toys available with the new system.
Old 03-27-2009, 03:48 PM   #8
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Yes, thanks for putting the clubs up so we can join as we need. It sure saves having to always ask for permission to get that karma. If ya keep giving members more things they can do themselves, what will the mods/admins have to keep busy?

That said, I'd really would like my iRV2 Contributor status reinstated -please . I know that's not a "club" you want to put out for just anyone to join (members need to have actually made donations to the site). But, there's a bunch of us that've sent money in over the years (& will continue to do so). I'd think us members who have contributed would like our donator status to be shown with the rest of our groups, like we used to have.

Could someone please make this happen..or at least give an update on if this is on the list of "to do's"?

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 01:11 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
Yes, thanks for putting the clubs up so we can join as we need. It sure saves having to always ask for permission to get that karma. If ya keep giving members more things they can do themselves, what will the mods/admins have to keep busy?

That said, I'd really would like my iRV2 Contributor status reinstated -please . ...Could someone please make this happen..or at least give an update on if this is on the list of "to do's"?

Lori-
Lori..as for the bold info...you don't want to know! As for the other regarding the "Contributor" status...it has been brought up - so they have not forgotten about the members who has contributed. (Do any of you in that elite group remember that it was supposed to give you that status for a limited time?)

MM

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 08:24 AM   #10
Community Administrator

Thor Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
That said, I'd really would like my iRV2 Contributor status reinstated -please . I know that's not a "club" you want to put out for just anyone to join (members need to have actually made donations to the site). But, there's a bunch of us that've sent money in over the years (& will continue to do so). I'd think us members who have contributed would like our donator status to be shown with the rest of our groups, like we used to have.

Could someone please make this happen..or at least give an update on if this is on the list of "to do's"?
Lori, I will be working on this in the near future. The plan is to create a new usergroup that will give you all a bundle of enhanced features in exchange for your financial contributions. I don't have an ETA on when this will be setup but will work to get it done ASAP.
Old 04-02-2009, 11:51 AM   #11
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Andy,

That will be great. Sort of like a "rewards program", huh? Thanks for the update. I'll sit patiently on the sidelines.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 08:24 AM   #12

Talking Vintage RV Owners Club

TXiceman.

Although my MH is still a teenager, can we join your club?

I would greatly appreciate that.

Thanks,

Henry.
Old 06-30-2009, 09:11 AM   #13

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
So tell us more about the groups feature.. What do we get for joining (I found when I went to join one group there was no "Join" button, there was, however a "Leave" button,, so I checked the membership list and guess what..... I'm already a member.. The other group I belong to I had to re-join)

In the good old days before they "improved" the software, I was able to scan just those groups, and skip the rest.
Old 06-30-2009, 09:14 AM   #14
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Nalso, we are reserving the Vintage RV Owners Club for rigs that are over the 20 year old mark. Ours is 30 years old and we have older ones appearing. You could always consider yourself an Honary member or maybe we need a Vintage owner in TRAINING...

wa8ysm, The benifit is having the group show up with your screen name. Other members with similar units ot interest can contact you. You can always go back to the User Cp and make changes as needed.

Ken