Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Forum Concerns
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-11-2009, 07:59 AM   #43

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Chickadee--

Go to :

-User CP (top bar on irv2 site)
-Settings and options
-Edit options
-Date and Time options
-Select your choice of Time zone
-Click and save

All this thanks to Janet H

Good luck
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-11-2009, 09:40 AM   #44

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Driver

I haven't received a single email from the forums since the change over. If someone posts a new topic I don't get an email. I haven't received any emails related to this thread except from you and Janet H and they are more like personal messages than forum messages.

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 09:56 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by davydee View Post
Only issue I'm having is it's real, real slow. It acts more like I'm on a dial-up connection for me. It may be on our side of the internet that's having the issue. If no one else is complaining, I wouldn't worry about it. David
Update - appears my problem is with Internet Explorer 7.0. IE 6.0 (with machine and software's higher security settings and more firewalls) flies compared to what I'm seeing with the IE 7.0. Shall I bump this over to the tech support thread? David
Old 03-11-2009, 10:00 AM   #46
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by davydee View Post
Update - appears my problem is with Internet Explorer 7.0. IE 6.0 (with machine and software's higher security settings and more firewalls) flies compared to what I'm seeing with the IE 7.0. Shall I bump this over to the tech support thread? David

Hmm... If one works fine and the other doesn't I'd guess it's some system configuration issue.

Have you ever considered using Firefox as a browser? It's free and more secure, with a built in spell checker and much more secure...

iRV2 Custom Search Tool
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 10:08 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
Hmm... If one works fine and the other doesn't I'd guess it's some system configuration issue.

Have you ever considered using Firefox as a browser? It's free and more secure, with a built in spell checker and much more secure...
Oh, yeah - way better!!! Thanks!!! David
Old 03-11-2009, 05:45 PM   #48
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
I downloaded/installed Firefox & it has made a difference. I don't understand why the new VB isn't compatable with my IE 7.0, but at least with the suggestion to use Firefox, I've found a workable solution to accessing the Forums.

As to the statement that Firefox is "more secure", I think that's a matter of opinion. http://news.cnet.com/8301-1009_3-10190206-83.html has a recent article about it that is worth reading.

Bottom line, if members are having slowness issues with page loading/scrolling on IE 7.0, trying Firefox might help.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 06:02 PM   #49

This is really, really weird! I'm on a different computer with IE 7.0 this evening, and the forum works well with it. It is a different version (later version). Will update the other computer over the next few days and see if that's it. Tonight, I'm running IE 7.0.6001.18000. David
Old 03-11-2009, 06:13 PM   #50
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
My husband's desktop (also running IE 7.0) works fine with the new Forums. It's just my laptop & the new Forums that aren't compatable. Go figure.

Lori-
Old 03-11-2009, 06:15 PM   #51

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Firefox is more secure because of this thought.

IF you were a terrorist, attempting to cause as much terror, pain and suffering as possible, Are you going to blow up Grand Central Station at rush hour. Or the bus stop in "Nowhereville" at 3am when you are the only person for 5 miles in all directions?

Every PC shipped (or so it seems) ships with MSIE, Firefox enjoys just enough share of the market to get Microsoft's attention, but frankly Today's "Hackers" are divided into two groups

One group is not far removed from the original hackers (The word hacker refers to the days when hackers were good guys who would buy a computer and literally hack it to pieces in order to figure out how it worked, then they wrote books and articles to tell others how it worked) These folks enjoy the challange, but don't wish to cause damage, they find a security flaw, they report it and it gets fixed. Now these folks do attack Firefox because it's "More secure" however... They tend to be harmless.

The Terrorist Hackers go for MSIE cause.. Well why go for a small town bus terminal when you can as easily blow up Grand Central Station. They are in it to see how much damage they can do and nailing fire fox only gets 'em a small pool of victims.

By the way, I think that sentencing them to life on a desert island with the only communications being by carrier pigon is about the proper punishment.

As for this new forum.. I still do not like the way it works "New posts" shows all new posts in all forums, Including the one I want, but it's a pain in the anatomy to have to manually filter..

They need "New posts" to be forum by forum
Old 03-11-2009, 06:37 PM   #52
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Maybe it's not so much a "more secure" issue but instead a "less appealing to attack" matter. Being as FF has much less marketshare than IE, they aren't as satisfying a target, as you pointed out, John-D.

Anyway, thanks for the tip to go to Firefox to access the Forums. So far, so good for me.

Lori-
Old 03-11-2009, 09:36 PM   #53

Send a message via AIM to GraciesMom Send a message via Yahoo to GraciesMom
Beautiful!!

Absolutely beautiful job!! Some of my solo RV'ers have emailed me that they have had a hard time logging on - resetting their password, but I've instructed them on how to do it in detail so hopefully they will all get on and enjoy the new playground!! GREAT JOB!! Love the ease of inserting images too!

Old 03-12-2009, 06:54 AM   #54

FWIW, forum seems to get better each time I log on. Good work, everyone! David
Old 03-12-2009, 07:11 AM   #55
Community Moderator

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I used the new Chat Room last night. I am very impressed with it. It took me awhile to familiarize myself with it. I especially liked the sounds.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Adopted by a great couple, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 10:03 AM   #56

1. Not seeing Private Messages. My inbox says 0, but I recently received 2, and when I link to them from my email notification, the login and page are via the old version.
2. Lost IRV links. A lot of useful information on other IRV threads was found via links embedded in newer threads. Now you get a dead end page.
3. The text contrast or distinction of a link is not easy to see. Hard to distinguish a link from the surrounding text.