Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-31-2007, 06:29 AM   #1

Any chance of adding a link to a section that would show all of the new posts from every section?

I guess it would actually be a preformatted search that would find and list all of the new posts since the last time the viewing member last viewed the site.

This would give us a great opportunity to see many threads or posts we might miss due to the large number of sub forums there are.

Also making the notifications default to ON rather than off would make it easier to see what you reply to and most likely want to follow up on.

I can only speak for myself, but if I respond to a thread I am going to want to see what others reply and continues on in the thread. I have failed to click the notification button several times and find it frustrating that I now have to try and remember the threads I forgot to do it on and find them again. Maybe you can make it a profile option that we can check there and pick what type notification we want on them (daily, weekly etc)

Tom Sauls
Tom Sauls is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-31-2007, 06:29 AM   #2

Any chance of adding a link to a section that would show all of the new posts from every section?

I guess it would actually be a preformatted search that would find and list all of the new posts since the last time the viewing member last viewed the site.

This would give us a great opportunity to see many threads or posts we might miss due to the large number of sub forums there are.

Also making the notifications default to ON rather than off would make it easier to see what you reply to and most likely want to follow up on.

I can only speak for myself, but if I respond to a thread I am going to want to see what others reply and continues on in the thread. I have failed to click the notification button several times and find it frustrating that I now have to try and remember the threads I forgot to do it on and find them again. Maybe you can make it a profile option that we can check there and pick what type notification we want on them (daily, weekly etc)

Tom Sauls
Old 03-31-2007, 06:42 AM   #3
Administrator in Memoriam

Appalachian Campers
Tom,

I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for but if you click on 'Find' and then on 'New Since Your Last Visit', you'll get a list of all the posts made since the last time you logged on to iRV2.

Also, if you'll click on 'Go', then 'Personal Zone'. then on 'Notifications', you'll get our page that permits managing your notification settings.

If I've missed your point, elaborate a little more and maybe I'll eventually get it.
Old 03-31-2007, 06:49 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Wow! Thanks, Hitchiker for that info! I never knew you could do that...although I have gotten used to going through everything and looking for the little folder emblem on the side..
Thanks again....for letting us know about that search (SacsTC probably already knew about it ...probably told me before...oh, well.. I will try to remember it now!)

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 06:55 AM   #5

No, you got it right. I am fairly new here and have been poking around and found the notifications switch.

I appreciate the information on the new since thing. I belong to a motorcycle forum and on it there is a link labeled new posts and when you click on it it shows all of the new posts on sub forums you have not blocked from viewing.

What you described is the samething, just hidden. Thanks for the quick and helpful response.

Tom Sauls