Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Forum Concerns
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-24-2022, 08:34 PM   #1

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Pass Word Issues

I would like to know why every time I try to log in I have to go through the time consuming reset procedure.
I have saved the new password, but it does not save

I ran on this site with the same password for a number of years with out ay issues.
Please explain why
Thank you
"Everyone Goes Home"
depchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-24-2022, 08:40 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Newmar Owners Club
It might be best if you send a ticket to Helpdesk with the “Contact Us” link. We will try to help sort it out.

Thanks,
Steve
Site Staff
Old 01-25-2022, 05:47 PM   #3
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Beau, don't forget to let us know what type of device you're using (phone, laptop) brand (apple, android) & what browser (FF, Chrome, Safari). That'll help whomever answers your helpdesk ticket.
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 06:40 PM   #4

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
I reset the pass word last night, then sent the note asking why.
Tonight I logged in and no password.
"Everyone Goes Home"
Old 01-25-2022, 07:59 PM   #5
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Just off the top of my head, I'm thinking your security settings are wiping out the cookies we place to remember your password & keep you logged in after you've entered your password on the login page. The idea behind checking the Remember Me is so you allow this site to install cookies to keep your password & keep you logged in. But if your browser security setting are set too high, that negates the Remember Me function.

Anyway, that's just my hunch & I'm not savvy on this type of issue. Maybe one of the other Admins who answers the helpdesk tickets can figure it out.
Old 01-25-2022, 10:05 PM   #6
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by depchief
I reset the pass word last night, then sent the note asking why.
Tonight I logged in and no password.

Since you set the new password last night, what happens when you just type it in instead of doing a reset?

Ray
Old 02-03-2022, 05:41 PM   #7

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Logged in this evening and guess what. Pass Word not recognized, Why was I surprised

I would think since members have had the same issue management would address it
"Everyone Goes Home"
Old 02-03-2022, 05:52 PM   #8

Excel Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I never have any such problems and don't think most members do either. As an IT security professional, I strongly suspect your device settings are causing this issue. We don't know what brand, model, OS or other settings you are using. All of these variations can interact to make things confusing for many users.

For many people I suggest using a password manager product to help out with all the passwords we have to use. Some of them work across different platforms.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
rarebear.nm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 06:19 PM   #9
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Beau,

Did you check your security settings as I noted in my post above?

Also, I see you have logins at 3 other RV LIFE websites. Have you changed your password at any of those others? If you do, then because all the sites share 1 login via RV LIFE, whichever site you last changed your password becomes your password for ALL the websites.

You also haven't provided us any of the info I requested from you in my post 3 - at least not in this discussion thread.
Old 02-04-2022, 01:29 PM   #10

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Laurie
I have checked items that where suggested, as you can see they all seemed correct and still have issues.
The other RV Life home page came up and I did not log into them. They stated my PW would work on all there sites with IRV2 listed on the bottom of the list.
To go a bit further I have seen that others are having login issues.
I ran on this site for years with the login and PW the same, when the login changed to the E mail, that is when the login mess started.
The generated PW when applied I check remember me, so why does it not retain , beyond me
"Everyone Goes Home"
Old 02-04-2022, 04:03 PM   #11
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Are you typing a password in the box or is it auto-filling? Do NOT allow it to auto-fill the field. It could be picking up a bad password.

The vast majority of members aren't having issues. I've not had any login issues with the email/password procedure. It's just you & a handful of others. We've got to figure out why you're the exception.
Old 02-04-2022, 06:55 PM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Newmar Owners Club
Pass Word Issues

I will echo what Lori mentioned we have very few with password issues. Most of the time it is a lost password.

It sounds like you are requesting a password reset then using that temporary password as your new password.

Are you going into your User CP and setting a permanent password after doing the password reset procedure?

As a side note: The “Remember Me” option only keeps you logged in assuming your browser is not set to delete cookies upon closing which will log you out.
Old 02-04-2022, 09:34 PM   #13
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by depchief View Post
The generated PW when applied I check remember me, so why does it not retain , beyond me
Now that Steve made the observation, I'm wondering about the above statement you made earlier; specifically the words I made bold.

The PW the site generates via the Lost Passwords procedure is only good for a set time, then it expires. I don't know if it's half an hour, an hour or 24 hours. But I do know it's only meant for granting one time access & then you are to change it to a permanent password via the link under the User CP tab.
Old 02-05-2022, 11:31 AM   #14

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
The temporary pass word is just that. I go into the community section, enter my password. It is not saved. I have used various pass words i hopes that something will stick.
This all started, as I have said before when the ID changed to the email address.

RV Life has come up three or four times and advised that my password is good on all their options including IRV2. Using their platform I still cannot get on IRV
"Everyone Goes Home"