Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Forum Concerns
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-14-2017, 10:30 AM   #29

How can I bulk download my PB photos? I have several albums with many photos and my main bucket only has four photos.

I want to get them all back.

I sure hope PB is not going to punish me by making me download one-by-one. That would make me really hateful...
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-14-2017, 12:21 PM   #30
IC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Bolt View Post
How can I bulk download my PB photos? I have several albums with many photos and my main bucket only has four photos.

I want to get them all back.

I sure hope PB is not going to punish me by making me download one-by-one. That would make me really hateful...

Go to the PB website and you will see a function that will allow you to download them then move to wherever. I'm using a couple 32 GB thumb drives. You will have to do it, unfortunately, album by album. Supposedly you have 12 hours to move to wherever but the last time I tried, it 'dumped' me after 2-3 hours though in the past had been able to do it in their time frame. Luckily all mine are also on a separate hard drive but those are all, not the select that I want in a separate easily accessed hosting site.

One of the folks uggested SmugMug to me ant it appears to be decent or better then PB but even there it will cost about $40/year. I'm still 'thinking' about it but this is the wrong time of year for me.

I suspect that someone will take PB to task for indiscriminate and probably illegal dumping photos but I'm not interested in waiting -
IC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 04:01 PM   #31

So I guess photo bucket is under new management now and they are allowing 3rd party hosting again. Does this mean the rule on photo bucket links will be lifted?
70Starcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 04:21 PM   #32
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
It was not a rule...only notice that it no longer worked.

If it works, give it a try. But we cannot know if they will "pull the plug" again later
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 08:18 PM   #33
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Starcraft View Post
So I guess photo bucket is under new management now and they are allowing 3rd party hosting again. Does this mean the rule on photo bucket links will be lifted?

Where did you see that? When I log on to PB I still get "solicited" for money. (As if. )
Old 05-18-2018, 08:34 PM   #34
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
All I can say is, if they have changed & reverted...fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 04:58 AM   #35
IC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
All I can say is, if they have changed & reverted...fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.

Lori-
I'm with Lori..... sounds like the lack of a bottom line caught up with them

Not so much here but on an automotive site PB conspired to destroy a great many posts that pretty much detailed a specialty car build from the ground up. While the photos are archived elsewhere, they aren't and will never again be available for others.
IC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 09:46 PM   #36
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarab0088 View Post
It was not a rule...only notice that it no longer worked.

If it works, give it a try. But we cannot know if they will "pull the plug" again later
Correction...I was wrong. The iRV2 operating system was changed to disallow Photo bucket images (see the OP here).

This was due to the change in PhotoBucket's policy.

Sorry to mislead.
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Old 05-20-2018, 12:57 PM   #37
Moderator Emeritus

Here's the info from Photobucket. They have restored customer's images but 3rd party hosting is a PAID "feature." https://support.photobucket.com/hc/e...w-Photobucket-

Thanks, but no thanks PB.
Old 05-20-2018, 02:28 PM   #38

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
A burnt Child, fears the Fire.
rgvtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 04:46 PM   #39

Interesting. My photos on my thread have reappeared but I have not (and will never) give photo bucket a dime.

I honestly couldn't believe they would ever do that in the first place. Like a previous poster mentioned there are so many good build threads or progress pics that got deleted its infuriating. Loads of useful info lost.

I'm glad that they fixed it. I'm just way too lazy to spend all the time moving my pics to another platform. I was happy they reverted.

It would be nice to be able to post from there again but I get it if everyone lost their trust.
70Starcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 04:55 PM   #40
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Starcraft View Post
Interesting. My photos on my thread have reappeared but I have not (and will never) give photo bucket a dime....
Thanks for posting that.
This was my understanding (old links were reinstated - a function within PB), but I could not find a good example to be sure.

I do not have a PB account to test, but understand that now, a pop-up notice will appear on iRV2 if you attempt to link to PB hosted photos.

Thanks again.
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Old 02-21-2019, 06:57 AM   #41

Since PB has reversed it's policy and now has a reasonable fee to host 3rd party links, will the forum allow them again? The reason I am asking is it takes quite a bit if time to post photo's here and I find myself avoiding doing just that. I still use PB quite a bit since all other forums I belong to allow their direct link.

I use Google Photo's now which automatically upload to their site right from my phone. I am still trying to figure out a way to post those pic's here on the forum directly, but so far no luck.
Old 02-21-2019, 12:59 PM   #42
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motor7 View Post
Since PB has reversed it's policy and now has a reasonable fee to host 3rd party links, will the forum allow them again? ...
No. Trust is earned

When they changed their policy a year ago, we spend countless hours recovering those images so that threads would remain in tact. It was an expensive undertaking and while I appreciate that you are inconvenienced by this prohibition, we just aren't prepared to go through this again.

iRV2 Custom Search Tool
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forum