Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Forum Concerns
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-02-2017, 08:19 PM   #1

Please stop forcing mobile web browser to app mobile.

There is too much to learn from each in analytics. If I can do chrome version & app running side by side one can pick a lot of things apart a lot more quickly.

That said I am 98mb up & down on quad core, twin Xeon.

It may cost more in servers, but it is redundant, and ease of use for legacy.

Look at the Google analytics, I bet there is a dip right there in traffic.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-02-2017, 08:39 PM   #2

Jayco Owners Club
???
djnott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 10:58 AM   #3
JC2

Texas Boomers Club
JC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 12:10 PM   #4

: rolleyes:I do not know how to respond or should I respond?
redcolorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 12:34 PM   #5
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by trx430ex View Post
There is too much to learn from each in analytics. If I can do chrome version & app running side by side one can pick a lot of things apart a lot more quickly.

Hi - I'm sorry you are frustrated. Can you help us with some info please so we can consider your concern?

What is your screen size?
Are you using the mobile app or is the sites mobile skin auto loading for you when you open the site?

iRV2 Custom Search Tool
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 01:53 PM   #6

Workhorse Chassis Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by trx430ex View Post

Is there a question anywhere in the post? If so, I don’t find it. OP should repost with exactly what he/she needs help with. Maybe someone can then provide that help.
2013 Newmar Canyon Star 3911, 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan - Braun Accessibility Modified Toad, Remco Lube Pump, 5 Star Tune, Progressive Industries EMS-HW50C, Coach Net Emergency Road Service, FMCA 378968
Jim T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 02:18 PM   #7
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim T. View Post
Is there a question anywhere in the post? If so, I don’t find it. OP should repost with exactly what he/she needs help with. Maybe someone can then provide that help.

No question really but a request (in the thread title):
Just trying to get more info ...

iRV2 Custom Search Tool
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 02:44 PM   #8

And to think I thought using a dial up modem on our phone at work to connect to AOL was hot stuff! I can still hear those dial up/connect tones in my sleep.
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 06:15 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Indeed, those were the days: dial-up-modem-02.wav

Take care,
Stu
Old 10-22-2017, 10:52 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
Hi - I'm sorry you are frustrated. Can you help us with some info please so we can consider your concern?

What is your screen size?
Are you using the mobile app or is the sites mobile skin auto loading for you when you open the site?
I am using all of the entire server on mobile and desktop at the same time. Chrome on desktop works fine, but chrome on iPad/phone kicks to mobile app not website. Does not matter if on the towers or on Verizon Fios.

Something deep in the settings of the mobile app, that wants to kill desktop no matter the connection.

If I want to use the towers in Chrome to go to irv2.com in Chrome, then stop asking me to go to the app, enough, I know where I am, stop prompting...

Yea the app is open too... Just another tab.

Have a boat ton of bandwidth, that is not an issue. I am probably faster than 98% of you. But I know that feeling at the campsite in only mobile. It is a setting in mobile that will just not,,, get out of the way... Desktop,, good to go full speed.

Displays, iPhone 6 plus, 7 plus, ipad mini, iPad pro in 12, desktop in 32 with a Dell twin Xeon server Win 10 in SSD.

Really not trying to be a smart a"", but can move that fast through the networks. Just saying.

Guess I am the grumpy old man telling mobile from desktop,,, get off my lawn.
Old 10-23-2017, 12:34 AM   #11

I am also aggravated by sites that force you into the mobile page when using mobile devices. Thankfully, there is a solution when using iPad, iPhone, etc starting about iOS 11.

After the first page loads, press and hold the page reload icon at the upper right of the screen. After a couple of seconds you get the option of requesting the desktop site. iRV2 works correctly and present the full site instead of the mobile site for that entire session.

This sure made me happier. Hope you like it.

-Jerry
APhotoWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 09:00 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by APhotoWizard View Post
I am also aggravated by sites that force you into the mobile page when using mobile devices. Thankfully, there is a solution when using iPad, iPhone, etc starting about iOS 11.

After the first page loads, press and hold the page reload icon at the upper right of the screen. After a couple of seconds you get the option of requesting the desktop site. iRV2 works correctly and present the full site instead of the mobile site for that entire session.

This sure made me happier. Hope you like it.

-Jerry
THANK YOU! I just tried your tip using my iPhone 5 and it works great. Now instead of getting the mobile version I can see the entire iRV2 web page. After the page loaded completely I pressed and held the "refresh" arrow until the message appeared to load the desktop version. Awesome!
SandyBeaches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 12:40 PM   #13

I get web version on both iPad and iPhone .... Both using Safari.
BraveWrigley is offline   Reply With Quote