Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Forum Concerns
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-16-2019, 06:07 PM   #1

RV LIFE Network websites

A few days ago I got an email saying that as of today April 16, 2019, passwords and usernames for this forum and a number of other RV LIFE Network websites would be combined and a single username and password could be used to access any of these sites. From this message I assumed that I would have to use a single login for all these sites and some of my old passwords and usernames wouldn't work. However, this doesn't seem to be the case.

I logged into this site with my old PW and username and neither my old PW and username or this PW and username seems to work on Campground Reviews.com

Can someone address this please?
Pigman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-16-2019, 06:59 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Newmar Owners Club
For username are you using your email address?
To login should be email address and password.
If you are logged in to IRV2, you can look at which site has shared passwords and email addresses. To see this go to user CP -> Edit your details -> Edit Email & Password
At the top shows the list of RV Life sites that share the email address and password.
One will be marked primary.
Old 04-17-2019, 08:04 PM   #3

OK Steve, followed those directions and got to the right site. It shows "Campground Reviews" and that site is listed as primary.

When I log into iRV2 I'm still using the sign in I have always used, however, that password only has 4 characters. (Wasn't too concerned about identity theft on this site). When I try to log in to Campground Reviews, it won't take the password I use for iRV2. Says I need a 5 character password. I don't want to enter a new 5 character. and lose my history on iRV2. Suggestions?
Old 04-17-2019, 08:08 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Newmar Owners Club
Let me check with some of the admins on why it is not accepting same password. Your history should be safe from losing on IRV2, we just need to check the password syncing.
Old 04-17-2019, 08:15 PM   #5

OK. Standing by. Thanks for the leg work. The iRV2 site and login seems to be working fine and I only use the Campground Reviews site infrequently.
Old 04-18-2019, 11:06 AM   #6
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Please update your password here to a 5 character (or more) password. You can do that in your account settings. The password will be propagated to CGR (which has a 5 character minimum req. Really.. a longer password is more secure

iRV2 Custom Search Tool
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 05:01 PM   #7

OK, Thanks for getting me some more info. I'll just not use the remainder of the RV Life Network sites. My experience with monkeying with usernames and passwords lost me a lot of posts and other valuable information I wanted to keep on this site. Specifically ie: the Pigman1 handle vs my previous Pigman handle that I never could get back to.

Although the switchover to the "new system of consolidating passwords and usernames" seems to have worked for the most part, issues like this and no information about it in the transition email about having to change passwords really should have been included.

Thank you again for the leg work and more complete explanations.
Old 04-20-2019, 09:43 PM   #8
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigman1 View Post
...My experience with monkeying with usernames and passwords lost me a lot of posts and other valuable information I wanted to keep on this site. Specifically ie: the Pigman1 handle vs my previous Pigman handle that I never could get back to.
Please use the Contact Us link to resolve the issue with your Pigman account.

L-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 07:21 AM   #9

Thanks for the offer, but I'm afraid that time has long passed. Right now I'll stick with what I have and definitely not start playing with user names and passwords. Once burned --- twice shy.

Again thanks for the offer
Old 04-21-2019, 08:16 PM   #10
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
I've sent you a PM.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote