Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Forum Concerns
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-24-2012, 06:26 AM   #239

Fleetwood Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
viewing the photo gallery

I don't remember the photo gallery being like this before the site update, but, maybe it was. By the way I really like the new look and the VERY much faster loading of pages.

I searched the site to locate comments concerning the viewing photos but I have not found anyone discussing problems with the photo section. Maybe I’m doing something wrong, but for me the photo section is not user friendly at all. I have tried several times to view some photos only to get frustrated and quit after two or three.

Today I selected the ‘photo’ link from the Home Page and once the page loads the top of the page shows recent photos, (cool pics) but I have seen these all week. I scroll down and select Travel Trailers, the next screen is the top of the page. I scroll down, select a photo and I am back to the top of the page again. Scroll down to the picture, click on the ‘next image' arrow and then I am back to the top of the page, again. This happens with every picture.

I thought, maybe the slide show would be a better way to go. Started the slide show and at every new slide, ‘back to the top of the page’, then I scroll down to see the picture, but, the 2 second default time allows me to get to the picture just in time to see it vanish and I'm back to the top of the page again. I am sent to the top of the page at every slide. So after two slides I’m trying to stop the slide show, just give up and write this comment. I would love to be able to review the pictures people have posted, but the way it is now is way too cumbersome to look at more than two or three pictures. Could you look into this, and tell me what I may be doing wrong or, see if anything can be changed to make it easier to view the photos in the galleries?

RinkersRanch is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-04-2012, 05:14 PM   #240
rex

Monaco Owners Club
Need to add - RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS - under RV forum tab on main page.

2001 Monaco Diplomat 40' PDQ - 08 Honda CR-V
rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:38 PM   #241
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
It's been reported.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex View Post
Need to add - RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS - under RV forum tab on main page.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:57 PM   #242

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
I don't know if anyone has said anything to the moderators but could you please look into the problem on the Do you like trains near camp? between posts 46 and 47. Weird page format change. Thanks. BTW I too like the new site updates.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:31 PM   #243
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
It's fixed. Had nothing to do with the site redesign. The video imbed post was incorrect - then every time it was quoted in a reply, it continued to make the format wonky.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:01 AM   #244

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
It's fixed. Had nothing to do with the site redesign. The video imbed post was incorrect - then every time it was quoted in a reply, it continued to make the format wonky.

Lori-
Thanks all you wonderful moderators. (I'm working on good doobie points, is it working?)
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:30 PM   #245

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
I've noticed that when I use the Quick Reply and hit Post, when the page reloads, the box my reply is in is slightly smaller than the rest. If I refresh the page, the size format reverts to normal.
Midniteoyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:09 PM   #246
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
I'll check into that. I know there can be an issue when a video is embedded in a post, but that wouldn't apply across the board.

I just did a quick reply now & got the full size post.

Lori-
Old 12-05-2012, 02:20 PM   #247

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkersRanch View Post
I don't remember the photo gallery being like this before the site update, but, maybe it was. By the way I really like the new look and the VERY much faster loading of pages.

I searched the site to locate comments concerning the viewing photos but I have not found anyone discussing problems with the photo section. Maybe I’m doing something wrong, but for me the photo section is not user friendly at all. I have tried several times to view some photos only to get frustrated and quit after two or three.

Today I selected the ‘photo’ link from the Home Page and once the page loads the top of the page shows recent photos, (cool pics) but I have seen these all week. I scroll down and select Travel Trailers, the next screen is the top of the page. I scroll down, select a photo and I am back to the top of the page again. Scroll down to the picture, click on the ‘next image' arrow and then I am back to the top of the page, again. This happens with every picture.

I thought, maybe the slide show would be a better way to go. Started the slide show and at every new slide, ‘back to the top of the page’, then I scroll down to see the picture, but, the 2 second default time allows me to get to the picture just in time to see it vanish and I'm back to the top of the page again. I am sent to the top of the page at every slide. So after two slides I’m trying to stop the slide show, just give up and write this comment. I would love to be able to review the pictures people have posted, but the way it is now is way too cumbersome to look at more than two or three pictures. Could you look into this, and tell me what I may be doing wrong or, see if anything can be changed to make it easier to view the photos in the galleries?
YUP - same thing here - using Google Chrome on Win 7...
Gary - K7GLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:48 PM   #248
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
I see what you're saying. The next photo does appear, but you have to scroll down each time to see it.

I'll check on it.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:23 PM   #249

Vintage RV Owners Club
I get the same "small box" when using quick reply that Midniteoyl refers to above- but it doesn't bother me enough to fix it with the "refresh" button!
Francesca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:05 PM   #250
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
For those of you getting the smaller post box, what browser/OS are you using?

Lori-
Old 12-05-2012, 06:08 PM   #251
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:

Lori-
Chrome/WIN7.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:23 PM   #252

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:

Lori-
Chrome/IE on a Commodore 64

Seriously: Windows XP, and on both Chrome and IE.
Francesca is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forum