Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Forum Concerns
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-03-2022, 07:59 AM   #15

Clicking the X on the red banner did not fix it for me but on the box that popped up it had a little spot to check remember my choice or something like that, If you will check that box and then deny or approve the request it will quit showing up.
00 Buckshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-03-2022, 12:22 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by IC2 View Post
Lori, I've read Janet's post 6 several times. Since I use Firefox which will remove all cookies each reboot, that @#$% block shows up every time I go on iRV2. This begs the question and to not be argumentative, why would I really want to keep cookies so that every spammer and hacker can dump garbage/bots or whatever us used these days on my PC and track me or load my email in box. This in turn has reduced the amount of time I spend here. Additionally, CGs will give (may?) you wifi as a courtesy and it is what it is. iRV2 wont fund any weak system to get them to make it any better. Oh and Ad Block Plus will not eliminate it either on Firefox.
Combine AdBlock Plus with either Ghostery or NoScript. If you're adventurous you can use all 3, together. The combination will break a lot of sites (especially banking and financial, most e-commerce, and iRV2) until you correctly set permissions in each app... but you'll be more tracking-free.
Old 08-03-2022, 03:44 PM   #17
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
I'm unclear what else to say. Janet supplied the reasoning for the continued pop up & members have provided suggestions on how they don't see it. I don't see it on Chrome; maybe because I told it Yes when it first popped up back in the spring, maybe because I have uBlock, maybe because I use Duck Duck Go on Chrome, or maybe all 3 or some combination of them. I saw it just the once & never again. I don't delete cookies/clear cache every time I shut down. I've got so many things listening/tracking me (laptop, phone, smart TV's, Firesticks, Echo Dots & probably my new microwave too ...etc) I guess it isn't a concern for me. The red banner doesn't bother me. I just close it anytime it appears.

The purpose of the location asking is, as previously posted, for the speed test for RVLIFE Campgrounds. It's not to get a park to better their WiFi. It never was. It's for users of that site (& RVLIFE Trip Wizard) to know what they may be getting at a park. For years we've had requests to supply that type of information because it's important to our CG's & TW's users. And the more RVLIFE sites which have this feature the better CG's & TW's users experience.
There is great need for a sarcasm font.
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 11:16 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
I'm unclear what else to say. Janet supplied the reasoning for the continued pop up & members have provided suggestions on how they don't see it. I don't see it on Chrome; maybe because I told it Yes when it first popped up back in the spring, maybe because I have uBlock, maybe because I use Duck Duck Go on Chrome, or maybe all 3 or some combination of them. I saw it just the once & never again. I don't delete cookies/clear cache every time I shut down. I've got so many things listening/tracking me (laptop, phone, smart TV's, Firesticks, Echo Dots & probably my new microwave too ...etc) I guess it isn't a concern for me. The red banner doesn't bother me. I just close it anytime it appears.

The purpose of the location asking is, as previously posted, for the speed test for RVLIFE Campgrounds. It's not to get a park to better their WiFi. It never was. It's for users of that site (& RVLIFE Trip Wizard) to know what they may be getting at a park. For years we've had requests to supply that type of information because it's important to our CG's & TW's users. And the more RVLIFE sites which have this feature the better CG's & TW's users experience.

It would be nice if the speedtest function had a second questionnaire attached to it so we could indicate "what" the speedtest was. My commercial cellular connection that's bonded to Starlink may not be the most representative test for other users. For instance, I'm chilling at Flory's Campground but not using their much slower services. But right now it looks like my submissions are directly altering the averages.
Suburbazine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 01:44 PM   #19

Vintage RV Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to RedneckExpress Send a message via AIM to RedneckExpress Send a message via MSN to RedneckExpress Send a message via Yahoo to RedneckExpress
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solo_RV_Guy View Post
Combine AdBlock Plus with either Ghostery or NoScript. If you're adventurous you can use all 3, together. The combination will break a lot of sites (especially banking and financial, most e-commerce, and iRV2) until you correctly set permissions in each app... but you'll be more tracking-free.

Use Origin Ublock instead of ABP, ABP started selling out bypasses for Ad vendors several years ago, plus ublock origin burns less system resources than ABP.
'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
RedneckExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2022, 08:09 PM   #20

I am glad I found this thread. I have a campground within 300 yards of my house and kept getting the speed test request. Clicking on the red X in the box took care of the problem.

Tags
cat, location