Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Forum Concerns
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-09-2009, 03:22 PM   #127

Monaco Owners Club
Andy,

It is interesting that I need to change browsers, reconfig my computer, get a Mac, etc, etc, to be able to view this forum in a normal fashion.

Well, I have another plan. I can choose not to visit irv2.com.

I wish you well. This used to be a fun community.

2008 Monaco Camelot 40' PDQ
Happycarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-10-2009, 12:56 PM   #128

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Star View Post
i use an air card exclusively. I really don't see a difference between iRV2 and other forums I visit. I even tried Trailer Life a few time over the last few weeks and I not seen a difference between here and there.

Maybe you should take a look and see how many abandoned .tmp files you have on your hard drive. Search your hard drive (C: and D: if you have a D: drive) for *.tmp and delete all those abandoned files. Windows is not very tidy when it come to cleaning up after itself. Also, delete all of the Internet Explorer temporary files. Once you get rid of them then DEFRAG your drive. This goes a long way for speeding up a PC.

Another thing you can look for is a program that cleans your registry and deletes broken links. I use a freeware program called REGISTRYFIX but there may be better ones out there. I certainly would like to hear about any better programs for this.

Surfing the internet get a lot of crap (for lack of a better term) onto your PC without you knowledge. This stuff really slows down your PC.
Been meaning to respond to this post. This made a lot of sense to me, so I looked into it, found somewhere around 3750 .tmp files, WOW!
Anyway, long story very short... I am writing this post from my portable, which I have been using for about a month now, since deleting all those .tmp files. Somehow it screwed up my registry, my wireless pci card would no longer work, would not pick up the router, could not reload Netgear because for some reason, it would not allow the wep information, and I could not, obviously, get on the internet. Good intentions I am sure, but be careful what you do with your computer. This has been frustrating.
CARVAL Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 11:50 AM   #129

Excel Owners Club
I don't know what was done, but this forum seems to loading a lot faster for me. Is it me or ??? Anyone? rockin'
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 02:07 PM   #130
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockintom View Post
...Is it me or ??? Anyone? rockin'
Glad it's workin' for you. For me, on my Dell laptop, it's been a combo of things:
*Tweaks on the site by Andy & his group
*Going to IE8 (from IE7). Had FireFox in the interim
*Dumping temp files & some cookies (& keeping them cleaned up)
*Ability to disable the right column that had all those ads
Etc..

It seems to be trial & error for most of us & not all suggested fixes work for everyone. Some, from what I read, are still having issues.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 02:31 PM   #131
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Last night I had the site running a bit slower than normal, but when I checked other sites, they were slow as well. Seemed to be an IP problem...hopefully it is cleared up tonight.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 12:44 AM   #132

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Quote:
I don't know what was done, but this forum seems to loading a lot faster for me. Is it me or ??? Anyone? rockin'
SKIA.. It was mentioned to me from someone else that it seems faster- especially running on Google Chrome...

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 12:56 PM   #133

Hi rockintom,

It must be YOU! For me, this is still the slowest loading of all sites that I visit; so much slower, that I almost never visit irV2.com anymore. Previously, under eve community, it was a quick-loading, responsive site. All the graphics and ads have loaded it down to the point of making it non-functional for me.

Good luck with this site - I may re-check from time to time to see if there have been any breakthroughs.

Gary

and Starlight (January 20, 2000 - March 17, 2009)
Gary M. Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 09:07 AM   #134

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary M. Smith View Post
Hi rockintom,

It must be YOU! For me, this is still the slowest loading of all sites that I visit; so much slower, that I almost never visit irV2.com anymore. Previously, under eve community, it was a quick-loading, responsive site. All the graphics and ads have loaded it down to the point of making it non-functional for me.

Good luck with this site - I may re-check from time to time to see if there have been any breakthroughs.

Gary
I would be interested in knowing how you connect to internet. Since most of us do not have an issue with speed here, I suspect you either have a problem or overly high expectations.

2002 Itasca Suncruiser - WH Chassis - 35U - 2006 Jeep Liberty
hamguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 09:14 AM   #135
JCM

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Triple E Owners Club
I have to agree with the previous posters.
I still find this the slowest site I visit. In April it was extremly slow. It depends on the speed of a user's accesss. On high speed connections it is tollerable but if I get a slower connection on my air card it is unusable. God help users (if there still are any) on dial up.
Old 07-03-2009, 09:44 AM   #136

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Sorrry guys.....it only lasted a little while....When it was running faster, I noticed I had absolutely no advertisements on the page.....bet they were running a test or something. Went back to the old slow system fairly quick. rockintom
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 10:33 AM   #137

more $.02 here... (by now Andy, you should have enough for a Starbucks Frappucino...

For me it remains a variable experience. I have 3 PCs at home and 2 Macs. The Macs have 2GB of RAM and are both Intel Duo-Core. The PCs are all 3G or faster processors, 2 have 2GB RAM and the other has 4GB. They might be a few years old but they are still very fast.

The OSs are Tiger, Win2KPro and XP-Pro. Vista to me is like ME was. It is typical of MS to give the public the "new Corinthian leather" while they get ready to launch their next major OS (i.e. Windows 7).

Anyway, at home we have a modest DSL service with WiFi that runs about 740K download and 128K upload. At work and elsewhere I can sometimes get T-1 speeds. Either way this site is slower than the last one but so are other forums I visit and it really depends on the traffic at the time. I also use Firefox almost exclusively and all of my software is updated to the latest version/patch available.

I guess what I am trying to say is that the IRV2 resource, slow or not at times, is too valuable to discount. Sure there are others but this one still works the best for me. That is the beauty of the web. Surf where you want and if you have so much to do ATM that the slowdown is getting on your nerves, go have a drink...or a swim...or whatever it takes to relax you and then surf later when you are too tired to do anything else. Heck, you can surf while you are watching TV too.

At least it beats watching those constantly repeating stupid commercials...

BFN.

Ken
Old 07-03-2009, 11:02 AM   #138

I really thought the problem for me was this site, since everything else loads pretty fast (3mps connection).

I didn't think it would help when tech support suggested checking to make sure I have a couple updates, since I'm set to update automatically, and as mentioned before every other page loads quickly.

I tried it, though, and that did the trick.
Jeff_in_The_Dalles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 05:37 PM   #139

I only have access to dial-up at home, the maximum available speed is set at 48kbs by the provider. I only experience any slow-down when I forget to run CCleaner, then defrag that HD. I think down-load speeds, for me, are just as fast as any other website, and faster than any of the high-tech, gizmo infested websites. For instance, it took about 12 seconds for this last page to down-load.
The main thing I did to improve down-load speed is remove all traces of any anti-virus programs (you must use the computer search to locate some files, as just removing the program leaves some files). I use the Avira anti-virus freeware now, Symantec, McAffee, and other such anti-virus software really slow your computer to a crawl.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 04:45 PM   #140

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Glad to hear that I am not alone in expieriencing really slow download speed on this website. This is the only site of all the sites visited regularly by me that is this slow. Yesterday in the AM, I could not get logged on to the forums at all. Worked OK later in the day, albeit really jerky. The old irv2 site was much quicker. I have Verizon high speed, use IE on Toshiba laptop running Vista Home Premium. I have no problems with any other website.

Dieselclacker