Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Forum Concerns
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-13-2009, 03:55 PM   #1
doc

Appalachian Campers
To the keeper of the statistics

In another life we had to make evaluations of the changes made through use of statistics. i.e. number of calls vs the number of return calls to the same address ect.
I would like to see whether the daily number of posts have gone up or down since the inception of the software. This may not be a long enough evaluation period, but by the end of the month we should have some handle on whether or not it has changed.
I am betting it is down considerably, but may increase slightly as time passes. Somehow I can't believe it will ever be what it was prior to the change.
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-13-2009, 04:27 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Doc, I am sorry that you are not pleased with the new software. This package is much more advanced and the vendor support is far superior than what we previously used.

Change always makes people move outside their comfort zone, but it is for the better in this case. If you think the members have had a chore adapting to the new software, the Moderators and Administrators have had more of an adjustment.

We have come a long way in less than a week.

ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 05:09 PM   #3
doc

Appalachian Campers
Didn't say I was not pleased with it, although I did like the ease of use of the other much better. I was just asking how much the posting has fallen off. I figure that has got to be a pretty tall learning curve with this one. My biggest problem is trying to figure out what posts are new and that sort of thing. The other is that somehow I get subscribed to each post I make. I have to go to the tools and unsubscribe. If not on a popular topic, my e-mail box is covered up.
It will get better I'm sure.
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 05:45 PM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
The first time I fired up the new forums Monday, I too was overwhelmed by added features I have to get used to. But now 5 days later, I can see it has so much to offer. There are always going to be things you like in an old system, but I think after a few months everyone will once again feel comfortable.... I go thru the same thing at work, every 5 years we get a completely new computer system. But looking back, we are all glad we moved one....
I can just imagaine what the administrators went thru. Janet helped me the first day resetting my password....Thanx....
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 06:14 PM   #5

Doc,

I am new here. And the last thing I want to do is start up any type of controversy. But I think you need to give the new software a chance. I have seen many forums go through this transition. In the long run I think you will find the pluses more than out weigh the negatives.

I think you will find there are far more things you can do verses things you can no longer do!!!

Good luck,

Gary
GaryInMaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 06:19 PM   #6
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Doc, "Instant email notification" was set in your profile.

I changed it to "Do not subscribe".

Automatic Thread Subscription Mode

Do not subscribe
Subscribe with no notification
Instant email notification
Daily email notification
Weekly email notification

There are so many personal options available with the new software that each member can tailor their account to suit their needs.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 08:01 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Thanks ROUTE 66: I was having the same problem with the email notification. I did as you suggested and i fixed it. As the others stated it'll just take time to sort where we are and where we want to be. 5 days and i fixed all the problems i thought i had with the new format. I think it's better. If i find something else i need to do i'll be patient and read the answer here before i say it's worse than what we had. I'm glad the campfires were re-lighted. I tried last night to post a picture of one of my own campfires;thank goodness it wouldn't light.
thanks again...
skipwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 08:28 PM   #8

Like this new format and think activity will go up once people get used to it. A lot more flexability. Do have one question-What happened to the posting of our locations in our signatures?:(
Baby Bear is offline   Reply With Quote