Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Forum Concerns
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-14-2010, 01:23 PM   #1
Community Administrator

Thor Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Thumbs up Unanswered Posts

In an effort to support our mission of we have added a new feature. In the box where the mission statement appears there is a new line of text:

Support Our Mission: Lets make sure every post is answered. (view unanswered posts)

We would like to encourage all our members to take a moment to help another RVer by reviewing the unanswered posts, answering any questions or welcoming our new members. Together lets make sure no posts go unanswered!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-14-2010, 02:00 PM   #2

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Well, Andy, we can't let your post go unanswered either

Sheila
PNWGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 02:45 PM   #3
Community Administrator

Thor Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Awww, it's great to see the system working! Thanks for the reply.
Old 01-14-2010, 05:55 PM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
Well I went through them and answered the two that I could. Kind of difficult when the questions are about problems on a specific model RV. When you drive an orphan and seemingly a rare one without all the frills like awnings, jacks air bags etc, I mean you just don't have anything you can add to the pool.
It's a great idea though, I can recall being asked about my trip on one forum and when I went to the trouble of posting photos, I don't know but it seemed like no one was interested, so I didn't bother finishing the thread. Fact is I haven't been back since.

Cheers
Willey
WilleyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 06:24 PM   #5

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilleyB View Post
It's a great idea though, I can recall being asked about my trip on one forum and when I went to the trouble of posting photos, I don't know but it seemed like no one was interested, so I didn't bother finishing the thread. Fact is I haven't been back since.

Cheers
Willey
Willey, I've been there. I started a thread that I thought would be fun. No one else did though. Never got a response. After a few weeks, it was embarrassing and I gave half a thought to asking for it to be removed by the Administrators.

There are just SO many threads that I think this new link, by the mission statement, is an excellent idea. I, too, went out and responded to four or five--- if nothing more than to say "welcome to the party Pal" (line from Die Hard).

Sheila
PNWGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 08:52 PM   #6

I answered a couple that I could.
"I won't be wronged I won't be insulted I won't be layed a hand on. I don't do these things to other people. And I require the same from them." (John Bernard Books) John Wayne The Shootist his last Movie.
CorsairIIAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 06:56 PM   #7

I attempt to reply to a question if I feel I have something substantial to contribute. This website is compartmentalized in such a fashion that some questions I never see. This is because I own a 5er, and normally seldom glance at a MH board. Then there are the unanswered posts that are not asking a question, but rather making a statement or just informative. I remember being chastized(pm) for replying to a question on a brand specific board. Solution? I haven't a clue.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 09:03 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
I remember being chastized(pm) for replying to a question on a brand specific board. Solution? I haven't a clue.
Ray, I hope it wasn't here! You've been with us for more than 8 years and you have earned the right to respond to any thread where you feel that you can add to the discussion. So you go ahead and post away!
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 10:38 PM   #9

Thanks DriVer, BTW, I read most of your information posts, usually don't respond. They keep me/us up to speed on a variety of RV related subjects.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 01:31 PM   #10
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Seems like the list is growing again. If you have a minute please take a look at these unanswered questions and see if you can help out a fellow RVer

iRV2 Custom Search Tool
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 03:18 PM   #11
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
I check everytime I log on. I usually manage to answer at least 1.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 08:21 AM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
My pet peeve is we spend time posting, researching and posting some more and then we never hear if we helped. Courtesy is a two way street.

It would also be easier if posters would post in areas more specific to their problem rather than in RV specific areas. Whether a Dometic is in a MH, 5'er or etc...its still a Dometic. A Sleep Number bed is a sleep number bed (?). When a Sealand toilet has a problem, does it make any difference what kind of rv its in?

Maybe we users need to be educated on where to post.
Old 02-04-2010, 04:22 PM   #13
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I just looked at the list... there are almost no unanswered posts - how cool! Thanks for continuing to help out, hopefully you'll get a simple follow up post and even if you don't, it's likely that your effort has helped someone

iRV2 Custom Search Tool
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 05:16 PM   #14
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkhartjim View Post
Maybe we users need to be educated on where to post.
I feel the majority of our members do a good job of posting in our Forums. There are misplaced posts, but, are there a lot compared to the number of threads/posts here?

Some of it can be attributed to being unfamiliar with the site for new members. Something as simple as lurking for a period of time will get members comfortable with what's where & where to post.

Some of issues come when members don't actually read the description of the Forums they're posting in before making a post. For example, posts in the Tech Support Forum have been moved because they don't fit the defined parameters of that Forum (i.e. questions about appliances, rv issues, campgrounds, sanitizing....etc).

Or, in the case of appliance issues, it is in the member's Fleetwood, Newmar or other brand RV & they don't realize the appliance is common in several mfr's RV's so they post their question where they're most familiar.

The above examples are where the Administrator & Moderator Team comes in. We do our best to move posts to Forums where they're more suited &/or will get a better response from members, but we don't catch them all.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote