Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Forum Concerns
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-15-2019, 06:52 PM   #15

I'm good.

Verified.
Sewspcl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-15-2019, 09:10 PM   #16
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
No need to let us know you've verified your email. If you have issues, please post here or use the Contact Us link (found at the bottom of every page).

Thanks!

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 05:51 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCFDCapt View Post
Set up an email address just forIRV@. Example:
irvmyname@gmail.com
Use it just for irv mails.

Years ago I set up 2 different Gmail accounts. One for friends and family only. And another for everything else. The everything else one gets the most spam. And Gmail is very good at filtering out the spam anyway.

Also, forum websites (like this one) are much better than they used to be about not making emails visible. So don't worry about it!
glasspilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 09:05 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjDave View Post
Sounds like a good opportunity to get your actual email address on your account.
But that is exactly why I DON"T usually leave an email address.since I coded HTML sites for years and I've written sites before I retired, checked security and been able to even hack into the accounts info. I have a 30 year old netzero account (or excite or gmail burner account take your pick and make one)that i usually use for casual sites. that way the spam email goes there when your info is "sold" or hacked.
Old 02-16-2019, 06:28 PM   #19
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Every registered account has an email address. That's how members are able to send you emails (if you've enabled that in your profile), how you get the newsletter & how you get notifications of threads to which you subscribed (if you've enabled that).

Emails WON'T be shown. They never have been & they never will be. When the switch is flipped, you will just be logging in with your email & password (on an https page) vs logging in with your user name & password.

Lori-
Old 02-18-2019, 06:27 PM   #20
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
In the coming weeks, we will be moving towards a simpler login using your email address (which is private) and password but first we want to make sure the address associated with your account is accurate.

In a few days we will be prompting all forum members to verify their contact email as they login to the forum.

Many members have ancient e-mail addresses associated with their current accounts and so next week as you login we will ask you to affirm your email address is correct or to update it. If you need to update your email address please follow the prompts and then check your inbox for a confirmation email to your new address. If you are updating your e-mail address, there is a link in that email you will need to click to complete the process. You can then proceed as usual to login with your current user/pass information.

Once members have had time to verify existing addresses (or update them if needed) we will make the change to logging in with that address (a few weeks from now). We appreciate your patience as we go through this process.

Just a note that this will begin tomorrow.

iRV2 Custom Search Tool
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 12:17 PM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
When I try to update, I get a message that says the site isn't secure so I didn't complete the process.

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 01:24 PM   #22
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO Pilot View Post
When I try to update, I get a message that says the site isn't secure so I didn't complete the process.

This should be updated now to an https page. Can you try again please?

iRV2 Custom Search Tool
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 01:30 PM   #23

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
No problem now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
This should be updated now to an https page. Can you try again please?
Looks like that link was OK.

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 01:41 PM   #24

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
cool i got mine this morning
Enjoying the 2008 Damon Tuscany 4056, #3998 no your eyes are fine, there are really 6 slides
2022 F150 King Ranch or 2012 Edge toads

powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 05:47 AM   #25

Thumbs down Verification Link Still Problematic

When I tried to follow the link, I got the Chrome warning "Add Inbox Helper?
It Can:
Read and change your data on all hdownloadmyinboxhelpersites.com and search.hdownloadmyinboxhelpersites.com
Replace the page you see when opening a new tab
Read your browsing history
Manage your apps, extensions, and themes"

So I cancelled the install, rather than adding the extension

Steve
2006 Monaco Diplomat
szakaluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 08:55 AM   #26
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
You should run a malware program on your device. That's a browser issue, not an issue with the verification.

Lori-
Old 02-20-2019, 09:05 AM   #27

Not sure what the confusion is here. The verification window popped up for me yesterday. It showed my email address and then asked if it was correct. A simple click that it was, then the window disappeared.

Edited to add,,, I'm probably one of the more paranoid people using the net. I use different browsers for different purposes, clear cookies periodically, and totally block cookies on the browser I use for general surfing. Heck, my main email address is the first one I set up back in 1996.
Old 02-20-2019, 09:56 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudfrog View Post
Not sure what the confusion is here. The verification window popped up for me yesterday. It showed my email address and then asked if it was correct. A simple click that it was, then the window disappeared.

Ditto^^.

Today, I received an email from "verify@email.com" in my spam box. When I opened it, there was no text at all. I am assuming that was simply a process to confirm my email address.

Is that correct?
Ljwt330 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forum