Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Forum Concerns
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-22-2012, 08:22 AM   #1
doc

Appalachian Campers
Will not go away

At the bottome of the Irv2 page, no matter what I do it keeps coming back.
"Do you want to open or save pixel.js from ad.yieldmanager.com/" "open save cancel"

I "X" it out and it keeps popping back up. I hit the 'cancel' button and it leaves, but pops right back up. I do not know what it is and will not hit the OPEN or SAVE button

Now I know this site is free and belongs to someone else. I have enjoyed my association with it over the years, and have made some dear and lasting friends. I seems that money or something has gotten in the way of what our intent was when we all got into this thing so many years ago.

This thing at the bottom has become the last straw and I will not be aggravated by this sort of greed any longer. I should not have to alter or down load or change my computer in any way just to accomodate some ad company that seems to have taken control of one of the best RV sites on the net.
With all this, we bid you all a goodbye and hope you travel safe and happy. MsC and I will check back occasionally to see if things have improved, but we are out of here as of now. We will miss you, but not the aggravation and disgust of this kind of advertisement.
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-22-2012, 09:27 AM   #2

Try putting you mouse on the offending item. Right click and read the options. Should give you some relief
trackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 09:36 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Ad Blocker............

I'm pretty sure that any of the ad blocker programs will block that pesky java script. It will also allow the pages here to load in a fraction of the time it takes all the **&!!%% advertizing crap to download.

Seems like they've gone WAY overboard with the ads recently, or oneor more of the ad websites is having performance issues. Whatever. Advertizing is a necessary evil.
Muddypaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 06:21 PM   #4
Community Administrator

Thor Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
I am sorry to hear about the issue you are having. If anyone else is having the same issue, please post here so we can determine if this is an individual issue or not. It sounds to me that your browser has the JavaScript cached and is thus calling it on every page load, it should be acting that way.

In the meantime Doc, if you are using Internet Explorer, please add yieldmanager.com to your block list. It's three quick steps which you can find here:
How to Block a Website in Internet Explorer | eHow.com

You can do this when IE launches before you visit this site.

Also, I just want everyone to know, an ad company has not taken control of our community. These are the same ads that have been running for years. Unfortunately the complexities of the online ad market means that Google works with hundreds of other ad networks and sometimes there are issues.
Old 07-22-2012, 06:56 PM   #5
doc

Appalachian Campers
I expect I am pretty ignorant when it comes to the technicalities of computers. So this solution may or may not work.
Andy is a guy that cares about ALL the members of this site. I think he has offered a solution \worked (at least for me) that got rid of that insidious message that kept popping up. Let's see if it will stay gone now. Thanks Andy \

doc
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 09:31 AM   #6

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Search your computer for a file called HOSTS.. I forget just exactly where it is stored but it is in the windows32 folder then down a few more (Like Drivers/ETC) if I recall correctly, but this is a very rusty recall.

NOTE: There is NO extension.

Open this file with NOTEPAD

You will see an example of how it's done

Add an additional line

As I recall it is like this 127.0.0.1 ad.yieldmanager.com

save the file and exit.

your computer will NEVER go to that site again.

DO NOT forget what you did, Some web pages insist you open ad.yeild.manager.