Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-17-2021, 11:06 AM   #1

2022 Newmar New Aire

Hello all - I am looking at a 2022 Newmar New Aire and wanted to get anyone’s advice on their experiences with the New Aire; any suggestions on options, things to consider etc?

Thanks in advance, and I hope to make an informed decision.
HallT is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-17-2021, 11:20 AM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
Assuming you are going to order it?

There are many "specials", you can specify and pay for that will sort of customize your RV. This includes paint.
The order backlog will determine how long you have to wait to get yours. Expect 6 months or so.

CPU...customer pick up at the factory, is something I (and many others) highly recommend. You get a better RV with fewer problems. Tell the dealer you want that included in the price.
Jacjetlag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 03:02 PM   #3

Yep - going to order it. Was just curious about other's experiences; for example I have determined to add solar after the fact as what they provide isn't worth the cost. Also was wondering about the weight; I have seen some say it is very heavy and we can be restricted some once we load it up. I find that hard to believe, but am curious about other's thoughts.

I do want to pick up at the factory. Some dealers charge $5k for that option which I wonder about.
Old 09-17-2021, 03:24 PM   #4

We had a 19' New Aire 3345 traded for a 21' London Aire 4579.

When I ordered I had NO idea how much one could actually customize a coach, next time for sure.

In the London Aire, we put in the Advantium micro/convection. Nice add, unfortunately I did not know that it could also be vented to the exterior. The oven is a big improvement and I would certainly vent to the exterior.

Wish I would have done this, if you get the wifi ranger, upgrade the router to the one above the Denali because the sim cards go there instead of on the roof. Most seem to hate the wifi ranger, I have had good luck with it.

As for solar, some one else will chime in but I found the pricing to be silly for amount charging power and assume there are companies that would do a much higher quality aftermarket package.

Lastly, I would look at Redbarron's build for the LA. His extra plug locations are really good.
2019 New Aire 33452021 London Aire 4579 2023 Newell #1746
Toad: 21 Ford Bronco - Blue OX and Airforce One
AZRVR17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 07:12 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by HallT View Post
Hello all - I am looking at a 2022 Newmar New Aire and wanted to get anyone’s advice on their experiences with the New Aire; any suggestions on options, things to consider etc?

Thanks in advance, and I hope to make an informed decision.
We have a '21 3545, and I'm happy to answer any questions. There aren't many differences in the model years. I'm REALLY glad for the 450hp, which you can only get with the 35' and not the 33'.

We bought a new one off hte lot, so none of the options were our choice, but it seems fully loaded.

Things that came with it that I don't think re worth the money and I wouldn't have ordered:

--Wifi SKypro $1.5k
--Girard Awnings $7.0k

Happy to speak with you if that would help.

We love the coach. It's all the luxury (or most of it) in a smaller package. Our kids are grown and gone, so we didn't need a large one. We got the fold out couch for when we travel w/ another couple.
Old 09-17-2021, 07:14 PM   #6

It’s going to be my next & last Motorhome when I turn 76.
9 yrs to go.
I’ll drive my big one till then.
2cyber71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 07:58 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cyber71 View Post
It’s going to be my next & last Motorhome when I turn 76.
9 yrs to go.
I’ll drive my big one till then.

Got mine at 75 snd love it![emoji2]
Old 09-17-2021, 08:01 PM   #8

Quote:
Yep - going to order it. Was just curious about other's experiences; for example I have determined to add solar after the fact as what they provide isn't worth the cost. Also was wondering about the weight; I have seen some say it is very heavy and we can be restricted some once we load it up. I find that hard to believe, but am curious about other's thoughts.

I do want to pick up at the factory. Some dealers charge $5k for that option which I wonder about.

We love our 3543 and carry everything we need as we spend over 10 months each year on the road. We are about maxed out on weight but really have not needed anything else in 2 years in it.
Old 09-18-2021, 02:25 PM   #9

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Yep - going to order it.
Remember that may reflect what Newmar charges, but all of this is negotiable. You also won't have to pay "shipping" or transportation to the dealership. Plus some dealerships charge for PDI and walk through. I know of a Entegra dealership that charged $500 for that.
Rev. Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 12:33 PM   #10

Thanks!

A big shout-out to DavidCBaker for taking my call and answering many questions this morning. I do appreciate the time you took for our benefit - thanks again!
Old 09-19-2021, 01:17 PM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
A big shout-out to DavidCBaker for taking my call and answering many questions this morning. I do appreciate the time you took for our benefit - thanks again!
Happy to help. We all need to stick together. I've already learned a ton from this group.
Old 09-19-2021, 10:36 PM   #12

Ford Super Duty Owner
Solar....

Most people are now streaming Wifi and leaving off the Sat dish, freeing up space for more solar up top. A very capable system would have 1600-2000 watts of panels and 700-1000 Ah worth of LiFePo battery bank. That's what I put on at a cost of about $15k. A Victron system of components is a good set up. There are lots of ways to have this done to your specs.

What we like about the solar we have is the fact that we make our own electricity and can "boondock" without plugging into a CG. We can run A/C all night on the battery bank, no generator. As camp grounds are getting more full, we've been heading for Harvest Hosts instead.
Old 09-20-2021, 06:53 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacjetlag View Post
Solar....

Most people are now streaming Wifi and leaving off the Sat dish, freeing up space for more solar up top. A very capable system would have 1600-2000 watts of panels and 700-1000 Ah worth of LiFePo battery bank. That's what I put on at a cost of about $15k. A Victron system of components is a good set up. There are lots of ways to have this done to your specs.

What we like about the solar we have is the fact that we make our own electricity and can "boondock" without plugging into a CG. We can run A/C all night on the battery bank, no generator. As camp grounds are getting more full, we've been heading for Harvest Hosts instead.
That’s an interesting option; we have not had cable or satellite at home for years now and I had not even thought about skipping the satellite on our RV. We already stream everything anyway, and getting enough solar to run the ac all night would be awesome.
Old 09-20-2021, 08:31 AM   #14

Ford Super Duty Owner
Also, many are using residential panels as you get more total wattage (as long as they are well made, solid). Panasonic or even Tesla are at the high end. Used, tested panels from Craigslist can work well and save a bunch of money.

Tags
air, newmar