Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-21-2006, 08:24 AM   #15
doc

Appalachian Campers
believe this one is bout to go "poof"

doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-21-2006, 08:35 AM   #16

Mid Atlantic Campers
The only way to get or government back is to vote out every sitting politician with who ever is running against them. Then, on the next election vote that one out, and keep it up until politicians realize they better start working for their electorates best intrests. It's kind of a legal revalution !!!

2007 National RV Pacifica 36'
Jestme13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 09:50 AM   #17

Freightliner Owners Club
Swapping out every elected official would be something. However, the new ones going in would be corrupt in about a week. "Boycotting" certain oil companies isn't going to accomplish anything. How do we get the oil companies out of the politicians' back pockets? And how about making it mandatory for these yokels to buy gasoline outta their own pockets? (Like that'll ever happen!) Maybe then they'd "get" it.

Inquiring minds wanna know where to sign up for the outlandish perks! Exxon CEO would die of deprivation on my retirement check!

Rose
Old 04-23-2006, 09:14 AM   #18

You want to lower gas and Diesel prices?

Demand that the government start building Refinarys and bring them on line!

Demand that the government start building Nuclear Power Plants and bring them on the grid!

Cheaper is out there we just must demand it from the people that work for us in the government!

DFW, Texas
Dougmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 09:52 AM   #19
Administrator in Memoriam

Appalachian Campers
The successful development of hydrogen power and the creation of a practical distribution infrastructure for it will be our saving grace for what we currently perceive as our personal transportation needs. With the future there will be much change as oil prices continue to escalate.

In 25 - 50 years the engines we currently use will be relegated to the Smithsonian as examples of historical transportation methods. Diesel and gasoline engines will be displayed there to our grand children along with steam engines, stage coaches, and passenger trains.
Old 04-23-2006, 11:16 AM   #20

Jayco Owners Club
The steam engine is making a comeback as supplemental power with that huge ball of flame in the exhaust manifold of the internal combusion engine as the source of heat for the steam. Probably not in my lifetime though. (yes, I'm an old f*rt)

Remember "Mother is the necessity of invention" or something like that.
DonavonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 02:59 PM   #21

All are good ideas but until we can, in large numbers come to an agreement on a plan of action, nothing will work. United we stand, devided we fall, no truer words were ever spoken. Until a plan surfaces, that appears it will have a better impact, I will not buy gas from Exxon, or Mobil, and I will encourage others to do the same. I like the idea of being self sufficient, and not depending on foreign oil, but I am not convinced that will lower prices. I will also write to our leaders and express my anger(in a nice way) over the price of gas. My letter alone will get no attention, but 500,000 or better, a million letters are hard to ignore. Think about it give it a try, pass it on....it will take a lot of us. I know there will be many who will sit back and do nothing, I have already encountered some with that attitude, and I will not go there. I believe there are enough out there, determined enough, to make positive changes. IMO those who will make no effort to do anything about the problem, have no right to complain about the problem. You can bet, they will be the first in line for any benefits.

Drive safely and happy camping!

330 Cummins on Spartan Chassis
mottybri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 03:13 PM   #22

In my small way of protesting the price of fuel I sold my XOM stock, 9 months ago. My broker said it was a bad time to sell the price was on the way up. I told him I did not care, I wanted no part of a company that was making that excessive money off the public and paying there exectives with the money. No it was not a smart financial, move but it made me feel good.
Vet Man
Vet Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 09:21 PM   #23

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mottybri:
All are good ideas but until we can, in large numbers come to an agreement on a plan of action, nothing will work. United we stand, devided we fall, no truer words were ever spoken. Until a plan surfaces, that appears it will have a better impact, I will not buy gas from Exxon, or Mobil, and I will encourage others to do the same. I like the idea of being self sufficient, and not depending on foreign oil, but I am not convinced that will lower prices. I will also write to our leaders and express my anger(in a nice way) over the price of gas. My letter alone will get no attention, but 500,000 or better, a million letters are hard to ignore. Think about it give it a try, pass it on....it will take a lot of us. I know there will be many who will sit back and do nothing, I have already encountered some with that attitude, and I will not go there. I believe there are enough out there, determined enough, to make positive changes. IMO those who will make no effort to do anything about the problem, have no right to complain about the problem. You can bet, they will be the first in line for any benefits.

Drive safely and happy camping! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
========================================

You are correct letters will let them know how you feel about it, but the VOTE is what counts!

Let them know you will vote for the person that takes action on the fuel prices.
Let them know that you will vote for the person that pushes for refinarys and Nuclear Power Plants.
Let them know that alternative fuels are a must have item for your vote.

Because to just tell them you are not happy about the fuel prices is not enough.

Tell them if they fail to take action on these matters before the next elections they wont get voted back into office.

They dont work for oil companys they work for the US citizens and we can and will vote for whats best for this country!

DFW, Texas
Dougmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 02:24 AM   #24

Even $400,000 (four-hundred thousand) would be excessive in my opinion! The oil executives lied under oath before Congress. Gas prices don't seem to affect Bush though...he's still flying all over the country...and world.
And yes, I voted for him. Maybe I was wrong.
lightkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 12:46 PM   #25

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lightkeeper:
And yes, I voted for him. Maybe I was wrong. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe?????
Vegascpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 02:55 PM   #26

I would probably mention something about my vote in the letter. You are right, they are in office to work for the citizens, but when it comes right down to it, they don't. Most will tell you what you want to hear to get the vote, then when elected, it seems they all have a memory loss. I know it has to be a memory loss, because they would not dare lie to the public. But still I say, one letter, one vote will not get their attention, but thousands of letters and votes, will. We have to try.

330 Cummins on Spartan Chassis
mottybri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 12:53 PM   #27

I've been reading all the posts about the price of gasoline. There have been many who have these 'surefire' ideas of how to get the prices down.

First, take a look at history. You will never see gas at below $2 a gallon. Why, because they have conditioned us. Yes, gas may well reach $4 a gallon by Memorial Day. But, you're liable to see the prices drop after that day. Each year at this time, prices have always risen and then dropped...dropped not to a lower level than before, but down and we get used to it. I remember gas at 39¢ a gallon. In the 60s was the gas crunch and prices went up to what we felt were astronomical prices. Then they dropped, but not too far. Since then prices have been fluctuating up and down, but never down to the before price. This is so they can lower the price and make us feel we have achieved something...but rest assured, they will still be making record profits.

Not purchasing gas at certain name brand stations will not achieve anything. That's a personal choice. Because, I go to the no-name brand and I'm still buying the same gas so it doesn't hurt them at all. I have a store card for shopping at the grocery store. When I shop, I'm told that I just saved $38. I didn't, because the prices would have been lower if they didn't have a card. The card thing is a psychological ploy. There are some people, not many, who won't get a store card and they have to pay the higher prices. So, when they get the card, they feel they've achieved a way of saving money...which they have in a way, but the store officials are laughing up their sleeves. Just as the oil companies will do after Memorial Day.

This is how the ecnomy works. They charge higher prices so the groceries and retail outlets have to charge more to be able to afford the gas and then their employees have to make more money to buy groceries and gas. This is not even mentioned the increasing cost of medical care and medicines. Now there is a crime worse than rising gasoline costs. I CAN live without gas, but not medicines. It's a round robin thing.

Also, many of you live in the larger cities. Those of us who live in rural areas don't have the luxury of many gas stations to choose from or different modes of transportation. Here in Jamestown, CA there are no bus depots, no airports...in fact, we don't even have a taxi company. Our mass transportation consists of a bus which doesn't go to all the places one might want to go if it runs on time or there is enough buses.

Then there's the let's all not vote for the incumbent and put all new people in government...yeah, people with no experience. This was tried in the 70s. I remember all the speeches about electing new people...every incumben was re-elected. The first thing needed is to get rid of the party-system...comrade...Vote for who we think will do the right job and not who the party tells us will...because it's a lie. When Bush was running for a second term, I was a naysayer and it is now apparent that I was correct.

I could go on and on, but I think some of you will get the idea. I'm sure that some will say I'm in left field. The only way that change will take place are some old-fashioned ideas that work. We speak up, we revolt, we vote intelligently as a whole. This country is divided and it needs to come together.

One last thought...how far from your work do you live...how far 20 years ago. America's workforce is traveling further to work because it pays more....but it costs more for the gas, yes; but, also for the road improvements, automobile comforts...think about it!
<font color="#0000ff">George Eldridge

Cynthia Totten</font>
Webster is offline   Reply With Quote