Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-21-2013, 07:29 PM   #43

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
For us Canadians Tommy Hunter show Reach for the top This is the Law Another cartoon Under Dog.

Dragnet
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-21-2013, 10:11 PM   #44

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
How about those from western pa. The Chilly Billy movie!?
Sagamore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 10:22 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by nforus View Post
great thread!! What about andy griffith ( mayberry) - who can still whistle the intro song?, and the beverly hillbillies? "swimming pools, movie stars", and lost in space " danger will brown", and can anyone name the show that had the often quoted " just the facts ma'am"?

dragnet !!!!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 10:32 PM   #46

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by RV LYONS View Post
Saturday mornings when I was a kid (still am just bigger)The Rifleman,I had the toy gun,Sky King, Ramar of the Jungle, Tarzan,Roy Rodgers,there's more just can't remember them, all in Black & White and NO REMOTE
My parents had remote control, just told one of us kids to change the channel.

Chuck
1999 35 ft. Dolphin 5350, F53, Banks System, 5 Stars Tune, Air Lift Air Bags, Koni Shocks, Blue OX TruCenter, TigerTrak track bars F&R, Roadmaster 1-3/4" rear auxiliary sway bar, 2004 F450 Lariat Pickup 6.0 Diesel Crew Cab DRW, 4X4, GVWR 15,000, Front GAWR 6,000, Rear GAWR 11,000, GCWR 26,000,1994 36ft Avion 5er, GVWR 13,700, 2,740 Pin Weight.
chboone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 10:53 PM   #47

Retired Fire Service RVer's
77 Sunset Strip...
SeabeckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 10:54 PM   #48

The real McCoy s,Outer limits,Twilight Zone,Fury,Cannonball,Make room for Daddy,Peter Gunn,Willie Nelson,Porter Wagoner with Dolly,Ted Mack,Sid Ceaser,Arthur Godfrey too many to remember, Original Price is Right with Bill Cullin,Twentieth Century with Walter Cronkite,Silent Service,Navy Log Ge Theater,boggles the mind.
Old 11-21-2013, 11:16 PM   #49

Country Coach Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Wow, this has stirred up a lot of memories.
In the Cartoons; Johnny Quest, Josie and the Pussie Cats, Scooby Doo, Spiderman Flintstones, Yogi Bear and many others.
Surprised at some shows that haven't been mentioned (Sorry if I missed any of these mentioned in previous posts). Untouchables, I Spy, Six Million Dollar Man, Bionic Woman, Battlestar Galactica, Big Valley, Dusty's Trail, Space 1999, Sonny and Cher, Chips, The Partridge Family, The Invisible Man, Happy Days, Wonder Woman, A Family Affair, That Girl, Get Smart, I Dream of Jeanie, Wild Wild West
Some Other Canadian Franchises: Beachcombers, Wayne and Schuster, The Irish Rovers, Pig and Whistle.

PS. Forgot the Monkees
Old 11-21-2013, 11:19 PM   #50

Regarding "Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea". As a young kid I thought the Seaview was real. One week TV Guide had a picture on the cover. It was Richard Basehart holding the Seaview in his hand in a backyard swimming pool. Burst my bubble!
gruelens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 01:00 AM   #51

Quote:
Great Thread!! What about Andy Griffith ( Mayberry) - Who can still whistle the intro song?, and the Beverly Hillbillies? "swimming pools, movie stars", and Lost in Space " Danger Will Brown", and can anyone name the show that had the often quoted " just the facts Ma'am"?
Wasn't it "danger Will Robinson" ? Just the facts mam was Dragnet.
BigBill3111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 01:39 AM   #52

I was a late in life baby, born in 1953 to strict church going parents that were already over 40. They didn't believe in television, dad called it a "hellevision" because it had beer and at the time, cigarette ads, etc. Boy if he could see what it's like now..........nudity, sex and sexual situations, more and more cursing and vulgar words, violence, murder, etc. Anyway, because of that, we didn't have a TV in the house until I was maybe 10 to 12 years old, don't really remember. My mom finally defied my dad, ha, and went out and bought a small black and white tv. My dad came home and became an instant fan. I still have fond memories of my tough truck driver dad, laughing until he couldn't get his breath, at The Beverly Hillbillies, Red Skelton, and Roadrunner cartoons of all things. Up until we got a TV, I would go next door on Sat mornings to watch all the cartoons and shows. I never saw The Wizard of Oz or Ed Sullivan or Bonanza since they came on Sunday night, and I had to go to church. I don't watch a lot of TV now, but I darn sure have a 55 inch Mitsubishi HD for when I want to in my stucco and studs. I also just purchased a Winegard Razor over the air antenna at Camping world that has suction cups to mount to a window. I mounted it here in the house, because I found Antenna TV (that is the actual station name) in my camper one day on the OTA antenna. They show a lot of the old shows, Dragnet, Leave it to Beaver, etc. There is also a few more of the stations that show the old shows and movies.
My dad had a hernia operation at 61 years old, in 1972 in Lubbock, Tx and passed away from a pulmonary embolism, blot clot to the lung, after three weeks in intensive care. I was 18 at the time, and wow, now I will be 61 next Oct. One of the last memories I have of him was the night before his surgery, several nurses came running into his room thinking there was something wrong with him, because he was loud and slapping the wall without realizing he was doing it, because, yep he was laughing at Fred Sanford "having the big one" on Sanford and Son on the TV.
So yes, great thread, lots of memories of many years of GREAT television. As Red Skelton closed his show, I will also say "Goodnight and May God Bless".
BigBill3111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 01:49 AM   #53

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjcarpetguy View Post
I thought I would kidnap this from another forum.

Those of us that are over 50's should remember these.
Memory of my first color tv show, Voyage to the bottom of the Sea
Staring Richard Baseheart.

See how many we can remember
This thread has been pretty funny. Though the memories expressed seem a bit "clouded" cos -- you either weren't there or you just plain so old that can't remember!

The OP's question was about your first color TV experience, which for me was a cartoon show called Pixie and Dixie, where the cat said, "I hate you meeces to pieces!" This was back in about 1962 on a neighbors's set near Dallas, Texas. It was the first color TV I'd ever seen, and the picture quality was, at best, terrible!

Remember the jungle, "Wow! I saw color TV, an RCA Victor color TV. I know what I've been missing now... Wow, I saw color TV!"?

My favorite life changing TV moment was seeing the Beatles on Ed Sullivan. I'm still involved in the music bizz 50 years later because of it!

So, what was your first color TV experience??
Falcon190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 01:56 AM   #54

As a late boomer '58 we always had a color tv. My dad was a rocket scientist so we had all the new gagets. I also grew up with a microwave the size of a ref. a vtr (video tape recorder), used 2" tape and the latest cars. First color show, Laurence Welk.
stink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 03:49 AM   #55

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Great Thread!! What about Andy Griffith ( Mayberry) - Who can still whistle the intro song?, and the Beverly Hillbillies? "swimming pools, movie stars", and Lost in Space " Danger Will Brown", and can anyone name the show that had the often quoted " just the facts Ma'am"?
I just sat the other day on watched a Andy of Mayberry show on tv land......made me smile and laugh! As far as the intro song, thats funny as I listen to my wife whistle it daily (several times a day) to our African Gray parrot Otis and he just about has the whole song down, and the funner part is my birds name and the name of the person Barney was always locking up........Otis, but does anyone remember Otis's last name? No cheating now........ remember(no internet)
Old 11-22-2013, 05:44 AM   #56

Winnebago Owners Club
Being an army brat returning from Germany at 8years old in the early 60's it was Bozo's Circus.

May the roads rise up to meet you, May the winds be always at your back...
Pepper2 is offline   Reply With Quote