Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-06-2017, 06:10 PM   #15

Forest River Owners Club
Going around Butte this time of year is iffy and make sure you watch the forecast. Tons of Alberta folks running the freeway right now, and hold up if the weather quickly sours near Dillon or Idaho.. The trick is going between storms to avoid chloride roads. Cold weather is done by lots of us if you’re smart about it. Two or two and a half days out of Alberta puts you into pretty good roads and temps. We always go down from Montana mid-January and just take it easy.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-06-2017, 09:13 PM   #16

We are heading out first week of Jan.to head south for our first winter adventure. Planning on just travelling along the southern states Fl To Az.
CAMPER70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 09:33 PM   #17

Was visiting upstate NY last weekend, driving north and spotted no less than 20 class A's, couple class C's, all with toads, and a sprinkle of 5er's heading south. The migration has begun.
Old 11-07-2017, 09:50 PM   #18

Ford Super Duty Owner
Was scheduled to leave Oct 28 for Florida. Delayed due to warranty repair. Waiting parts. At the Repair Center tonight and unless by magic a Part appears in the morning we will head South with the broken slide out. Intend to take the manual operation route when we get to Florida. See you on the road!
Old 11-07-2017, 09:55 PM   #19

Foretravel Owners Club
Bummed.... 2 more winters before we can head south...
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 08:29 PM   #20

Thor Owners Club
were like kids waiting on Christmas....

Motorhome is all ready to go, minus food. Drive over to the storage unit every day, Fire up the D/P, take a few other things over the D/W says needs to go, Last day work is Monday night. Weather is looking good. All the route and stop overs are planned. Checklist nearly complete. Installed the new color LED rear camera and lens. LED's all installed and updated, along with other upgrades done throughout the year, we are almost ready for blast off..
Kro1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 08:17 PM   #21

Country Coach Owners Club
I remember the first trip south - it was memorable...... And it does not get old. Just drove the last three days from southern Alberta to Parker NV. I am just excited today as we are 84F, and the day i got to wear shorts and T-shirt, versus freezing in winter weather.... We are on the Colorado River tonight.

Have fun and enjoy!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0030.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	685.4 KB
ID:	182500  
Towr: 2007 Country Coach Allure 470 - 37 Sunset Bay Cummins 400 ISL, Coach #31563
Toad: 2016 F150 King Ranch - 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 Supercrew (curb weight 4,775 lbs)
Toad: SOLD 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee (yes, it has a Hemi) (curb weight 4,720 lbs)
BrianGlenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 08:55 PM   #22

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Warning!

Cold Front in the RGV 60 tonight with possible rain, not back to the 80s till next week.

Some talked of the ABQ Balloon Fiesta, we were there, have been since 2010 as volunteers. Left NE WA 27 Sep. in Mission, TX 21 Oct. 13th year in the RGV.

Come see us in ABQ at the Chase Crew sign up. 1st part of OCT.
rgvtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 09:22 PM   #23

Plan to leave MN right around Jan. 1st. Either slightly sooner or later depending on weather conditions. Plan to spend time around Casa Grande for a few weeks and quartzsite next and then yuma and where ever else the road takes us. It is our first trip out and hoping we do not have too much trouble finding places to stay. Any of you with experience down that way, let me know what you think about our need to book in advance? Thanks.
MinnBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 10:11 PM   #24

Out of here on January 16, all prep now for a coach we may not be driving. New coach not even owned yet. 2015 36LA, Going trial by fire with new toad too.

May all the stars align.

BrianGlenn, so know that feeling.
Old 11-12-2017, 06:13 PM   #25

Thor Owners Club
We have enjoyed reading your travels and plans. We're now down to 3 days...

RGVTexan, where are you at in Mission? We are going to Mission Bell and yes it is the D/W that wants to go to the Balloon Festival.

Many years ago when I was much younger, stationed at Bergstrom AFB, a co-worker of mine was a Pilot and had a business flying them.

He got me to crew for him several times. Early morning weekends, launch and chase crew. Had a lot of fun doing that. He always told me he would take me up sometime and never did.
He never paid me either but I knew that going in it was just for fun and to help him out. But going up sometime is on our bucket list !!!!

James
Kro1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 05:38 AM   #26

Ford Super Duty Owner
Arrived in Malabar, FL yesterday, final set up today. Long trip via the Tech Center in Decatur, IN. Had a blowout on the Tow Dolly but otherwise just a few traffic issues.
Old 11-13-2017, 07:48 AM   #27

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kro1957 View Post
RGVTexan, where are you at in Mission? We are going to Mission Bell and yes it is the D/W that wants to go to the Balloon Festival.

Many years ago when I was much younger, stationed at Bergstrom AFB, a co-worker of mine was a Pilot and had a business flying them.

He got me to crew for him several times. Early morning weekends, launch and chase crew. Had a lot of fun doing that. He always told me he would take me up sometime and never did.
He never paid me either but I knew that going in it was just for fun and to help him out. But going up sometime is on our bucket list !!!!

James
PM sent
rgvtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 08:40 PM   #28

Left home on the 5th and arrived at our RGV resort yesterday. Here for the winter.