Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-01-2006, 11:17 AM   #1

I can hardly believe it is 91 today! Just 10 short days ago it was in the teens and we had ice & snow on the ground for 3 days.... now it is 90 something and the Bradford Pear trees are actually blooming for goodness sake!! I am not turning on the A/C it is the first day of March, I am not turning on the A/C.... repeat. LOL

OkieCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-01-2006, 11:17 AM   #2

I can hardly believe it is 91 today! Just 10 short days ago it was in the teens and we had ice & snow on the ground for 3 days.... now it is 90 something and the Bradford Pear trees are actually blooming for goodness sake!! I am not turning on the A/C it is the first day of March, I am not turning on the A/C.... repeat. LOL

Old 03-01-2006, 12:56 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Yeah, it's 19 degrees in Massena NY. Funny what transposing the numbers can do!! I can't even be jealous... right now I'm just happy to know it's 91 somewhere!

Enjoy!! -- Chris
Old 03-01-2006, 03:32 PM   #4

Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Cat, you sound like my wife. It was 91 in Dallas today, too. She has a rule that she doesn't turn the A/C until May.

I don't have any of those rules.....
chasfm11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 04:13 PM   #5

Alpine Owners Club
OkieCat,

As they say in the midwest, if you don't like the weather just wait a few hours. I have a feeling you are going to pay for the warm temps. A blizzard in April sounds good
Old 03-01-2006, 05:22 PM   #6

OK y'all I will count my blessings about the temperature....but we can do without all the fires around here today. One was very close to my sister's home up near Grand Lake. They were pretty scared! Thankfully several fire departments responded and got it under control but it got within a few hundred yards of their house. They live in a heavily wooded area. They almost pumped their well dry keeping their property damp. Very scary!

Oh and about not turning on the AC, I tried to wait until May one "Spring" when we lived in Dallas. After a few days of almost 100 degrees the first part of April our AC got turned on. That was just the start of the heat that year, we sweated through 60+ days in a row of over 100. I hope today isn't an indication of that kind of summer on the way....

You are right, next week we are likely to have snow again, that would be just fine, we need the moisture! Send us some rain please!!
Old 03-01-2006, 05:44 PM   #7

Yes my brother lives out side of Dallas in Red Oak. called to tell me it was 91. Reached a high of 37 here today. As much as I don't like the Cold weather I don't like real hot weather either. It's a little too early for 91 degrees.
Old 03-02-2006, 10:32 AM   #8
Moderator in Memoriam

Monaco Owners Club
Well I feel left out , we live in Arizona and it was only 84 here yesterday. Our big news is 134 days with no trace of rain. It has been 168 days since we had any measurable rain.
Old 03-03-2006, 05:28 AM   #9

Record warm temperatures, warm ocean waters, increasingly intense hurricanes makes you wonder if there isn't something to what the scientific community and the rest of the world has been saying all along. Global warming caused by pollution is changing our climate! We are the world's biggest producers of pollution yet we are not part of the solution because it would cut into corporate profits of those who elected our president. I wonder how many disasters it will take before we wake up and do something meaningful about cleaning up our act.
Vegascpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 03:02 PM   #10

Alpine Owners Club
It's just convesation. I think if this thread goes enviromental and political our moderators might have to shut it down. So.........no comment.

We got some rain here Jim and will try to push it your way.
Old 03-03-2006, 03:45 PM   #11
Moderator in Memoriam

Monaco Owners Club
Hey Tom the first batch came through Tuesday, and all we got was the smell in the air of Rain . Send more , maybe some will fall this time.
Old 03-04-2006, 03:56 AM   #12

Shhhh don't tell anyone but IT'S RAINING!!

It is so nice to see some wet stuff after all these months of drought! I am grateful for the rain, I hope it keeps falling all day long......
Old 03-04-2006, 04:14 AM   #13

OkieCat,,we had rain here in Duncan yesterday also....6 inches....we actually got bout 900 drops and they were all 6 inches apart...LOL..

Malibu Toad
Okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 08:12 AM   #14

Well, we're not in OK, but what a surprise. We've been having unseasonably warm weather and not much rain, but this month...good rain. Had a storm come through yesterday that dumped hail and snow just three miles from us and snow is unusual at this elevation at this time of year.

Glad to see all the wet...less danger from fires and we've had our share over the years.

But the temps are in the 50s and another storm is coming later tonight and tomorrow. Not as cold a storm as the last one. I-80 was really clogged yesterday...for hours.
<font color="#0000ff">George Eldridge

Cynthia Totten</font>
Webster is offline   Reply With Quote