Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-18-2016, 08:39 AM   #1

Ford Super Duty Owner
AAA roadside assistance

We have "AAA Plus RV" insurance for roadside assistance. last week we had a tire go flat on our class A motorhome. We called AAA and had them come out and change the tire with one that is already mounted on a wheel. They said they could not change it because it was an inside dual. I called AAA and they said they will not change an inside dual on any vehicle including pick-up trucks.
What good is roadside service if they cannot change a tire?
I told them we have been members for 23 years and that we would look elsewhere for our needs, they said that the rules are the rules and if we choose to leave them so be it.
trikeleader is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-18-2016, 08:45 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikeleader View Post
We have "AAA Plus RV" insurance for roadside assistance. last week we had a tire go flat on our class A motorhome. We called AAA and had them come out and change the tire with one that is already mounted on a wheel. They said they could not change it because it was an inside dual. I called AAA and they said they will not change an inside dual on any vehicle including pick-up trucks.
What good is roadside service if they cannot change a tire?
I told them we have been members for 23 years and that we would look elsewhere for our needs, they said that the rules are the rules and if we choose to leave them so be it.
I dumped them a long time ago... get Good Sam roadside assistance. It is inexpensive and covers your autos too!
BobMontgomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 09:02 AM   #3

I dumped them too, after they left us stranded on I-15 just south of the Cal-Nev stateline. They could not decide whether we were in the So Cal or No Cal-Nev service area! We only keep AAA for their maps and use Good Sam for road service.
EZDZIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 09:15 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Had AAA for years for the cars but on the RV I started with Good Sam then switched to CoachNet. Had them change 2 inside duals of the years without issue.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 09:26 AM   #5

Florida Cooters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
We learned that AAA road assistance varies depending on which part of the country you find yourself. We just keep a basic plan with them for other travel needs and eventually settled on Coach-Net for our RVing requirements.
Old 07-18-2016, 11:06 AM   #6

AAA is too expensive. They all can have problems because they use the same independent drivers in some cases.
mbridinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 11:15 AM   #7

Vintage RV Owners Club
That's good to know, Tom. I have AAA Premier RV right now. I bring the tools with me to hopefully be able to change a tire, with AAA as the first choice. When it comes renewal time I'll be cancelling the RV part and going to coachnet. I've heard nothing but good things about them.
Old 07-18-2016, 03:13 PM   #8

Ford Super Duty Owner
We cancelled our AAA membership, they did not want to know why and said they did not care why. We signed up for Coach-net today for their premiere coach membership.
trikeleader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 06:08 PM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
AAA is an okay company, but is not designed or equipped to handle big MHs. Some time, in the negotiation process, it would seem the the type vehicle for which the road service would be needed would come up.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote