Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-21-2020, 04:47 PM   #1

Accosted by a homeless person

So today I took the wife to a doctor appointment. Afterwards she wanted to stop at a Taco bell. After obtaining our order at the drive through a mentally unbalanced homeless female came up and wrapped herself around the car on the driver's side and repeatedly started banging on the windows, roof, and hood. She positioned herself so we could not leave without hitting her. My wife called the cops who stayed on the line. After a few minutes she moved in a way where we could "escape " without running her over. My wife was petrified! If it was a male I would have taken care of the situation but since she was female I could do nothing. I didn't want to run her over. She was clearly deranged if not wigged out on drugs. The police showed up right after we were able to make our get-away where she ran off to try and escape. The wife is shaken up and there are some dents and scratches on the car. I just hope that she gets some help. So how was your day?
Bahamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-21-2020, 04:51 PM   #2

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Uneventful, but thanks for asking !
Old 09-21-2020, 05:00 PM   #3
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
My day? Not as bad as yours obviously!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 05:13 PM   #4
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahamaniac View Post
.......If it was a male I would have taken care of the situation but since she was female I could do nothing. I didn't want to run her over. She was clearly deranged if not wigged out on drugs.
I'm sorry you had this experience but think you did exactly the right thing (regardless of this persons gender). This isn't normal behavior and the person clearly needs some help. The police can tap into whatever services are available and get a start on that path.

iRV2 Custom Search Tool
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 05:15 PM   #5

WELL at at at at least least it it it aint aint raining ! WE are going to see more of this around, these kids are brainless and could care less about their future1
swampdog2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 05:17 PM   #6

I wouldn't do anything differently if the person was male. You're not dealing with a stable person. Just stay in the car and call for help. You can fix scratched paint, or even broken windows.

1993 Rockwood 28' Class C - Ford E-350 7.5L
Bobby F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 06:08 PM   #7

So my day started off pretty disappointing as my hair dresser canceled my appointment, you know COVID19 stuff, it really needs cutting ppl thinking I look like a girl.
So I went to Taco Bell and my car broke down so i walked over to the drive thru. This car, OMG it’s covered with bugs on the drivers side so I stated to swat them, the door, windows, top... it was crazy!! I think I freaked out the guy and his wife inside I mean they must have thought I just drank a 5th of Jack and smoked a doob. Anyways I was just trying for help and I didn’t even want any money this was out of the kindness of my heart. Next thing I know the car is clean and the guy drives off. Then the cops show up and i figure well they must have everything well in hand to take care of the bug problem so I split.
What a fun day for me. [emoji16]
RogueGT03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 06:18 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueGT03 View Post
So my day started off pretty disappointing as my hair dresser canceled my appointment, you know COVID19 stuff, it really needs cutting ppl thinking I look like a girl.
So I went to Taco Bell and my car broke down so i walked over to the drive thru. This car, OMG it’s covered with bugs on the drivers side so I stated to swat them, the door, windows, top... it was crazy!! I think I freaked out the guy and his wife inside I mean they must have thought I just drank a 5th of Jack and smoked a doob. Anyways I was just trying for help and I didn’t even want any money this was out of the kindness of my heart. Next thing I know the car is clean and the guy drives off. Then the cops show up and i figure well they must have everything well in hand to take care of the bug problem so I split.
What a fun day for me. [emoji16]
That is the funniest response to a non-RV post I have seen in a long time! I could get into my CAlifornia jokes on the original post but I promised myself not to go down that road.
Old 09-21-2020, 06:24 PM   #9
YC1

Went to pick up a prescription where a tall slender man around 30 was standing outside on his phone. Seemed clean with no sign of drug use etc.

I assumed he was waiting for someone to come out. He kind of mumbled something to me but I did not hear it.

Coming out he was a distance from the entrance but began a soft questioning. Hmmm, he had spoken to my wife while she was sitting in the truck. She let the window down one inch but could not hear what he was saying do to the vicious Cocker Spaniel raising hell in the back seat. He retreated to his previous post and mentioned he had tried to talk to my wife and she said to wait for me.

I listened as he humbly asked for $7. Just enough to get a room at the Econo Line hotel where his wife and children were waiting in the car.

He did not go into a long story and he seemed sincere. I looked into my wallet and saw I had but a single $20. He saw that too.

He was very grateful and was tempted to shake my hand but resisted properly. As he walked away he began to run. He was indeed running in the direction of the Econo Line hotel. I watched as long as I could see him. He was anxious to get there for sure.

We will never know if his request was a scam. But perhaps someone tonight has a hot shower, a cool place to sleep, and a bit left over to feed the family. Had he not dashed off so quickly I would have made sure he did have enough to feed them.

But for the grace of god go there I. This Covid has probably forced many into their cars as the last refuge. Be kind and generous.

Normally I would never share anything like this. Do the right thing when no one is looking is what I try to teach my grandchildren.

Always be cautious of course. But that $20 is something I would spill at lunch. I am so grateful for my life and family.

Go Placidly among the noise and haste, and remember what peace there is in silence.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 06:45 PM   #10

How was our day?

I will give a full report in a new thread when we get home.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200920_124041.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	301894  
oldmattb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 06:50 PM   #11

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmattb View Post
How was our day?

Ouch!

Glad your ok to tell the story!
Old 09-21-2020, 10:33 PM   #12

pepper spray!

sorry, but THEY are infringing on MY rights,
my freedom, and they are breaking the law,
Old 09-21-2020, 10:40 PM   #13

Quote:
How was our day?

Mega-ouch. I take it everyone is safe and doing okay... any landing you can walk away from is better than the alternative.
Old 09-22-2020, 12:50 AM   #14

Quote:
How was our day?

Next time you should go with 'crazy lady blocking your wheels'

Scariest encounter I had in my twenty years in San Francisco was this tiny little black lady. Out of her mind singing and swinging her arms around. Thought nothing of it until she was walking past. And realized she was holding a needle.
Gibbon1 is offline   Reply With Quote