Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-14-2022, 03:17 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn and Kathy View Post
This is a forum. Every forum I have ever belonged to has operated this way. Yes it can be irritating, but it's best to just try to live with it, because it aint likely to change anytime soon. By the way you missed responding to a thread 5 years after the last post with a solution to a problem already solved.

Glenn

Well Bigb56mgave a good answer while I was typing.
LOL I guess then I needed to express that in number 6...
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-14-2022, 03:27 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby F View Post
Same reason why no one carries sardine-flavored candy. Not many buyers.
This might make a great thread of it's own...
Old 03-14-2022, 03:27 PM   #17

You need to search for cisgender 30 W oil.
Old 03-14-2022, 03:37 PM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
I went back and looked at your previous posts.

Here's a gem of a response you made to someone with a comment. Your response makes it's easy to see why you have had issues getting "real advice."

If you don't like the responses you get don't berate the poster, ignore the post. Be glad for every attempt you get for help. People don't owe you anything but be glad some are willing to help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-03-14 at 4.34.35 PM.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	174.4 KB
ID:	359241  
Old 03-14-2022, 03:53 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by seand1109 View Post
So seems eveytime I post looking for advice on a specific subject, responses will basically have these characteristics.

1. Comparisons to a rig that is no where like mine.
2. Are rear view mirror answers of how it could have been prevented.
3. Repeat responses making it apparent the original post or subsequent posts have not been read.
4. Provide information about a now defunct business they used years ago.
5. Are generally posts just to post.
6. Continue to post weeks or months afterwards when the situation is posted solved or fixed.

Anyone else experience this? Just curious.
Old 03-14-2022, 04:04 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by seand1109 View Post
So seems eveytime I post looking for advice on a specific subject, responses will basically have these characteristics.

1. Comparisons to a rig that is no where like mine.
2. Are rear view mirror answers of how it could have been prevented.
3. Repeat responses making it apparent the original post or subsequent posts have not been read.
4. Provide information about a now defunct business they used years ago.
5. Are generally posts just to post.
6. Continue to post weeks or months afterwards when the situation is posted solved or fixed.

Anyone else experience this? Just curious.
Yes, but you still need to consider payload.

Old 03-14-2022, 05:33 PM   #21

One of the things that happens here on IRV2 is when posting in a specific sub-forum, it shows up in Recent Discussions where everyone can see and comment on it. That can bring some of the things you seem to be complaining about. If you only want responses from people with your brand of equipment, maybe you should specify that.

A couple of my own pet peeves are people who don't put information about what they have in a signature, and people who don't post their problem was solved and what the solution was.
Old 03-14-2022, 05:55 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77Travco View Post
How about when the thread goes off track?
For instance... why is it that I cannot find straight 30w motor oil anymore? No auto parts store in my town carries it.
I always used straight 30W in my car wash pumps. Tractor supply always had it, and I have bought it at NAPA as well.
Old 03-14-2022, 05:58 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
I went back and looked at your previous posts.

Here's a gem of a response you made to someone with a comment. Your response makes it's easy to see why you have had issues getting "real advice."

If you don't like the responses you get don't berate the poster, ignore the post. Be glad for every attempt you get for help. People don't owe you anything but be glad some are willing to help.
Thanks for posting this... Great example of posting just to post or rear view mirror, either one. So tell me how this was a constructive input to original post you screenshot this from? ...
Old 03-14-2022, 06:02 PM   #24

Winnebago Owners Club
I am guilty of TMI in responses, many times I apologize first or say "long" it is my way ,,,
Post get derailed, many OP are not detailed and it leads to many answers in huge ranges,,
But these are discussion forums with a vast array of people from the entrepreneur top level rig to cousin eddies ..poopers full clark clan...
Some have no interest in turning that wrench adn ask what is their best options while others are DYI MacGyvers,,,, this can be all on one thread,.

I learned to read , skim thru, gather what I needs, learn and if I can add my $1 + 2 cents.... LOL

Nothing here is personal , other than please use search... LOL

Still a great source of info .....
Old 03-14-2022, 06:03 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donskiman View Post
One of the things that happens here on IRV2 is when posting in a specific sub-forum, it shows up in Recent Discussions where everyone can see and comment on it. That can bring some of the things you seem to be complaining about. If you only want responses from people with your brand of equipment, maybe you should specify that.

A couple of my own pet peeves are people who don't put information about what they have in a signature, and people who don't post their problem was solved and what the solution was.
Thanks for that, I think your input clarifies the source coming from the general Recent Discussions. Then again it also goes to the posting without reading the thread. I can understand your peeves, especially about not posting the resolve... I try to not leave folks hanging. As for the signature thingy... I prefer not to post what I have... it is just my preference. but you can see it in my public view. I have a real issue with putting too much out there on the nets.
Old 03-14-2022, 06:12 PM   #26

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibe View Post
I am guilty of TMI in responses, many times I apologize first or say "long" it is my way ,,,
Post get derailed, many OP are not detailed and it leads to many answers in huge ranges,,
But these are discussion forums with a vast array of people from the entrepreneur top level rig to cousin eddies ..poopers full clark clan...
Some have no interest in turning that wrench adn ask what is their best options while others are DYI MacGyvers,,,, this can be all on one thread,.

I learned to read , skim thru, gather what I needs, learn and if I can add my $1 + 2 cents.... LOL

Nothing here is personal , other than please use search... LOL

Still a great source of info .....
Right on Sibe... as a DYI guy with many years RVing and more as a mechanic, I normally try to do the skim thing... Just sometimes the need to let someone know they are a goober is too strong for me to resist, being Irish and all... And as a Machandneck, the people I worked with wouldn't care about a dig or two if deserved, and turn around was/is fair play in my world (non-PC). I started this particular thread just to see if others found it as annoying as I do... So far I can say it is becoming a page turner. I will take the 2 cents but keep the dollar, inflation don't need our help
Old 03-14-2022, 06:14 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by propchef View Post
Yes, but you still need to consider payload.

LOL... you crack me up... beer chit to you
Old 03-14-2022, 06:31 PM   #28

Yes, I find it annoying.

And I return the favor often.

19' ETI Escape trailer
Closed Thread

Tags
advice