Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-16-2013, 11:57 AM   #1

Advice please

I am at at resort, and 2 days ago a travel trailer and truck pulled in next to me. He was backing in and hit our vehicle rear bumper with his travel trailer. We had to go start our rig to separate the two. It did no damage to me, but put a small mark on his TT. This guy was just cold and rude. He didn't even care, or ask if he hurt our rig or even say sorry. So I guess my question is, how should I handle this? Let it go? Report him to the office?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-16-2013, 12:05 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Your vehicle not harmed. He's acted like a jerk. I generally don't poke sticks at jerks or snakes. Anyone else around to witness this? Maybe get their info in case jerk decides to say it happened the other way around and blame you. Or maybe - let the office know and stress they not mention it. Of course they may say something to him and reactivate his jerk mechanism. Or it might set him straight. Tough call.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:13 PM   #3

The guy left this morning. So maybe that's that. What's weird is my hubby and were watching him back up and he was way off, but anyway my hubby ran out the door and told the guy " wait, let me move my jeep, your going to hit it" and the guy mumbled something, and wham!
I know if I hit someone's vehicle, I would say " omg! I'm so sorry, is there damage?" What upsets me the worst is he doesn't care.
Old 05-16-2013, 12:30 PM   #4

Carolina Campers
I am always of the opinion that it is better to report these things, even if it may appear there was no damage. You never know what the other guy may do, for one. He could turn it around if he has any damage and say it was your fault. You may find unnoticed damage later. And the more people like that are reported the more chance they will be more careful next time.

Even though he left, the office knows who he is and they may want to be aware of this.

Just my thoughts. Besides, jerks get by too many time just because we let them. Nice people always pay the price.

Ted
tedgard01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:46 PM   #5

Thanks for the advice. I think I will run it by the office today. You are right, if he does not care about my vehicle, then he won't care about your vehicle either.
So maybe next time he comes here, if the office says something to him he will be more careful. I rarely complain, I don't even think I've ever complained in a resort or campground. But I really feel you are stepping on my toes when you ram into my toad.
Old 05-16-2013, 01:33 PM   #6

Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I would tell the manager--he sounds like a sorry a$%#@ excuse for a human being--not much else to do at this point I guess jerks are everywhere--Vince
vscoggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 05:57 PM   #7

I carry a Fish Bat behind the passenger seat that might come in handy for a situation such as this............LOL
Old 05-16-2013, 06:11 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis45 View Post
I carry a Fish Bat behind the passenger seat that might come in handy for a situation such as this............LOL
LOL. I will be EXTRA careful backing in by you Dennis. Hehe.
Old 05-16-2013, 06:28 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
So sorry for your experience, and it's really too late for anything except to notify the resort mgmt...but in the future, you should take immediate and affirmative action...here's why;

Last week a co-worker finished litigation to defend themselves against false claims by a motorcyclist who hit the back corner of their TT at a signal light - fell over - picked them selves up - then rolled forward and hit their truck side mirror.

My co-worker, got out of their truck to look at the damage and started to exchange info until the motorcyclist drove off.

They had collision damage on the TT and proper insurance to cover the hit and run so, they made a claim with their insurance company, but were stopped in their tracks when the motorcyclist made an opposing claim that the TT had hit the motorcyclist and fled.

The moral of the story is to ALWAYS call the authorities anytime there is vehicle-to-vehicle contact. Even/Especially if the other party leaves. Without a police report, it is a He-Said/She Said situation. In this case, lawyers were needed to protect the innocent.

Sad but true.

BTW, How are you sure there is no damage to your rig? Impact damage might not show on the surface, and since you had to start your rig to separate them, there could be some damage...I'm just sayin'

Safe travels
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 06:45 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarab0088 View Post
So sorry for your experience, and it's really too late for anything except to notify the resort mgmt...but in the future, you should take immediate and affirmative action...here's why;

Last week a co-worker finished litigation to defend themselves against false claims by a motorcyclist who hit the back corner of their TT at a signal light - fell over - picked them selves up - then rolled forward and hit their truck side mirror.

My co-worker, got out of their truck to look at the damage and started to exchange info until the motorcyclist drove off.

They had collision damage on the TT and proper insurance to cover the hit and run so, they made a claim with their insurance company, but were stopped in their tracks when the motorcyclist made an opposing claim that the TT had hit the motorcyclist and fled.

The moral of the story is to ALWAYS call the authorities anytime there is vehicle-to-vehicle contact. Even/Especially if the other party leaves. Without a police report, it is a He-Said/She Said situation. In this case, lawyers were needed to protect the innocent.

Sad but true.

BTW, How are you sure there is no damage to your rig? Impact damage might not show on the surface, and since you had to start your rig to separate them, there could be some damage...I'm just sayin'

Safe travels
You are right. I reported it today, just for the future. The impact was very slow moving, he was backing up. Hubby moved the jeep forward because the TT could not back up no more. I have never seen anyone hit another in a park. It did bump my bumper. So I don't think no damage to the frame or nothing. Next time (lol, next time, how sad is that?) I will report right away.
Old 05-16-2013, 11:25 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Last year when we went to Florida. We were at Sun N Fun in Sarasota. I had put some laundry in the washer and walked back to our coach. The laundry was within site so I was not that worried about leaving our stuff there for a few mins. I sat down to do something on the computer and heard a squeal and looked up and saw a car jump the curb, hit one vehicle on the front corner and on the way thru a empty spot hit the back end of another vehicle and almost crashed into the laundry room. As I was watching the older lady behind the wheel sorta turned around and looked like she was gonna just pull out and away when several golf carts with employees drove up and blocked her from leaving.
Turns out she had "borrowed" the car and was not familiar with it and well those that knew her were making all kinds of excuses as to why she did so much damage. It also turns out that both vehicles were owned by a couple that worked at the park that she hit. From how she was starting to drive the car away from the scene it really looked like she was going to try to run.

Report what happened because you never know all the circumstances of stuff and you do not want to get stuck with someone else's bill.
Old 05-19-2013, 11:18 AM   #12

I owned a mobile tool store (27 ft long truck). One day I was getting coffee at a convenience store and watched as a driver pulled her car into (and under the over hang) my truck. She called police and claimed I backed into her, using a woman passenger as a witness. Of course she also claimed that her child and both adults were injured. Big hassel, but months later she was charged with filing false police and ins reports. Beware of scam artists
Old 05-19-2013, 02:08 PM   #13

Cameras are everywhere...your phone has one.

ALWAYS GET PHOTOS FIRST...PERIOD!!!

Before you touch anything say out loud for all to hear..."let me get photos so we have them for our insurance report "

Get photos and hint that your company is very aggressive towards "these sorts of things..."

Then make adjustments and take more photos, include clear ones of their plates.
Old 05-20-2013, 11:33 AM   #14

National RV Owners Club
Some things you should not forget to do.

If you did not get his license number when he was still their you should get it from the office as well as his name then call your insurance co. just to report it and to have it on file for your own sake.
That way you won't have to worry about what he does or does not do.
Just a thought.
Walter5555 is offline   Reply With Quote