Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-05-2011, 01:49 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Aint campin fun.....

Me and Willa was on a trip I think to Alaska but it really dont matter where to but here is what happened.

We pulled into a camp ground and set up the coach for the nite. Willa agreed to take Gus for a walk while I answered the ''call of nature'' that had been ''shouting at me'' for some time on the road. I was looking forward to some quiet time answering the ''call''. Willa hooked Gus to the leash and informed me that she and Gus would be back shortly and she would start supper.
Willa and Gus hit the door and I hit the bathroom for some ''me time''. All was going well because I had my favorite book and some solitary time without anyone shouting questions thru the door or asking me to ''turn the fan on please''........
There came a time when I felt it might be necessary to pre flush the toilet because of various situations that I had contributed to concerning usage of same. Anyhow, I reached back with my right heel and pushed the lever on the side of the toilet. I would like to say now that earlier that day Willa informed me that the lever on the toilet didn't ''feel right'' to her when she used the toilet. It should be understood that our toilet is about three feet by three feet square and there is not a lot of ''room'' for doing repairs to the lever on the toilet. Willa also informed me that the bathroom door knob seemed to be lose and maybe needed some tightening up or something.

Anyhow, getting back to the ''pre flush'', I used my heel and flushed the toilet and I heard a ''clunk'' beside the toilet. To my surprise the bolt and the lever was laying on the floor beside the toilet. I said Shux....... I reached down and tried to re attach the lever without results. I said Shux again. The bad part was that my toilet runs water when you push the lever down or up for that matter. I could hear water running in the toilet and the discharge valve was CLOSED in the bottom of the toilet. This time I said SHUX real loud because I knew I was in deep ''trouble''. In desperation I stood up and twisted the door knob and it came off in my hand. I peeked down and saw the little metal ''thingie'' sticking thru the door and I tried to fit the inside door knob back on the little metal ''thingie'' that turns the ''keeper'' that lets the bathroom door open. When I tried to re attach the inside knob, the outside knob fell off into the hall taking the little metal thingie with it. This time I said SHUX really loud and I looked at the slowly filling commode and the lever laying on the floor with the inside door knob still in my hand. I was going to be in some ''serious doo doo'' shortly if something was not done to stop the water coming into the commode. I managed to look down beside the commode and found that there was no 'cut off' on the water incoming pipe that feeds the commode with the inside door knob still in my hand and the other 'outside' knob and metal ''thingie'' that moves the ''keeper'' on the bathroom door laying in the hall way outside the toilet door.

Did you guys know that the water and ''stuff'' in this situation in commode slowly filling with water with the flush laying in the floor, with no cut off valve on the incoming line with a door knob in your right hand makes the ''stuff'' rotate in a slow clockwise direction? You may or may not need to know this someday......

Anyhow, I was trapped in a 3 x 3 bathroom that was slowly turning into a tall wading pool with ''stinky stuff'' with a fan in the roof and the inside door knob in my right hand also with new sneakers on. All I had to work with was a bottle of bathroom ''smellie good'' spray stuff that makes the bathroom smell like you have ''pooped in a Christmas tree'' .......

I said SHUX again.......

I listened hard and I could hear Gus barking at God knows what so I knew he and Willa were fairly close by so I started screaming …..
''W I L L A,,,,,,,,,,, W I L L A!!!!!!!..... H E L PPPP.....”
I got no reply but Gus stopped barking so I figured he heard me and Willa was probably talking to someone and I was in the process of drowning or at least losing the inside door knob and a new pair of sneakers.
Again I screamed with no results but I heard Gus barking at the door because he is ready to come inside for his ''treat'' after going for a ''walk, walk'' and making ''shame shame''. (Gus is a good dog)
Willa came in and asked if I had been calling her. ''No darling, I was practicing my yodeling, where the heck have you been''.
I told Willa to ''go outside and turn off the water coming to the coach''
''Which hose do I turn off dear''
''The one coming to the coach dear''
''Did you know that the door knob and the little metal ''thingie'' that activates the ''keeper'' ''thingie''on the bathroom door is laying in the hallway on the floor also''?...
The answer I gave can not be printed in this forum but I did explain to my dear wife that the commode ''stuff'' was about one inch from the rim and if she did not go turn off the water that I would be in ''deep stuff'' shortly and it would only get worser real quick. You would not believe the wonderful sound of the water stopping running into a commode that has about half an inch to go to reach the rim while you are standing in a bathroom with the inside door knob in your right hand and the outside door knob and the little metal ''thingie'' that moves the ''keeper'' in the bathroom door when it opens to let you out with the commode lever on the floor and water running into the commode and you can't stop it and you are wearing your new sneakers.........

Willa finally got the bathroom door open with a screwdriver and I did all the necessary repairs to the door knob, the ''keeper'', the little metal ''thingie'' etc etc …. I finally got the commode lever back on and I used some ''loc tite'' on it to keep the bolt from falling out and most importantly............ I installed a cut off valve on the incoming water line coming up to the commode.

AINT CAMPIN FUN …??????

Lets all ask someone to bring our troops home real soon .....
Seajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-05-2011, 01:55 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seajay View Post

Me and Willa was on a trip I think to Alaska but it really dont matter where to but here is what happened.

We pulled into a camp ground and set up the coach for the nite. Willa agreed to take Gus for a walk while I answered the ''call of nature'' that had been ''shouting at me'' for some time on the road. I was looking forward to some quiet time answering the ''call''. Willa hooked Gus to the leash and informed me that she and Gus would be back shortly and she would start supper.
Willa and Gus hit the door and I hit the bathroom for some ''me time''. All was going well because I had my favorite book and some solitary time without anyone shouting questions thru the door or asking me to ''turn the fan on please''........
There came a time when I felt it might be necessary to pre flush the toilet because of various situations that I had contributed to concerning usage of same. Anyhow, I reached back with my right heel and pushed the lever on the side of the toilet. I would like to say now that earlier that day Willa informed me that the lever on the toilet didn't ''feel right'' to her when she used the toilet. It should be understood that our toilet is about three feet by three feet square and there is not a lot of ''room'' for doing repairs to the lever on the toilet. Willa also informed me that the bathroom door knob seemed to be lose and maybe needed some tightening up or something.

Anyhow, getting back to the ''pre flush'', I used my heel and flushed the toilet and I heard a ''clunk'' beside the toilet. To my surprise the bolt and the lever was laying on the floor beside the toilet. I said Shux....... I reached down and tried to re attach the lever without results. I said Shux again. The bad part was that my toilet runs water when you push the lever down or up for that matter. I could hear water running in the toilet and the discharge valve was CLOSED in the bottom of the toilet. This time I said SHUX real loud because I knew I was in deep ''trouble''. In desperation I stood up and twisted the door knob and it came off in my hand. I peeked down and saw the little metal ''thingie'' sticking thru the door and I tried to fit the inside door knob back on the little metal ''thingie'' that turns the ''keeper'' that lets the bathroom door open. When I tried to re attach the inside knob, the outside knob fell off into the hall taking the little metal thingie with it. This time I said SHUX really loud and I looked at the slowly filling commode and the lever laying on the floor with the inside door knob still in my hand. I was going to be in some ''serious doo doo'' shortly if something was not done to stop the water coming into the commode. I managed to look down beside the commode and found that there was no 'cut off' on the water incoming pipe that feeds the commode with the inside door knob still in my hand and the other 'outside' knob and metal ''thingie'' that moves the ''keeper'' on the bathroom door laying in the hall way outside the toilet door.

Did you guys know that the water and ''stuff'' in this situation in commode slowly filling with water with the flush laying in the floor, with no cut off valve on the incoming line with a door knob in your right hand makes the ''stuff'' rotate in a slow clockwise direction? You may or may not need to know this someday......

Anyhow, I was trapped in a 3 x 3 bathroom that was slowly turning into a tall wading pool with ''stinky stuff'' with a fan in the roof and the inside door knob in my right hand also with new sneakers on. All I had to work with was a bottle of bathroom ''smellie good'' spray stuff that makes the bathroom smell like you have ''pooped in a Christmas tree'' .......

I said SHUX again.......

I listened hard and I could hear Gus barking at God knows what so I knew he and Willa were fairly close by so I started screaming …..
''W I L L A,,,,,,,,,,, W I L L A!!!!!!!..... H E L PPPP.....”
I got no reply but Gus stopped barking so I figured he heard me and Willa was probably talking to someone and I was in the process of drowning or at least losing the inside door knob and a new pair of sneakers.
Again I screamed with no results but I heard Gus barking at the door because he is ready to come inside for his ''treat'' after going for a ''walk, walk'' and making ''shame shame''. (Gus is a good dog)
Willa came in and asked if I had been calling her. ''No darling, I was practicing my yodeling, where the heck have you been''.
I told Willa to ''go outside and turn off the water coming to the coach''
''Which hose do I turn off dear''
''The one coming to the coach dear''
''Did you know that the door knob and the little metal ''thingie'' that activates the ''keeper'' ''thingie''on the bathroom door is laying in the hallway on the floor also''?...
The answer I gave can not be printed in this forum but I did explain to my dear wife that the commode ''stuff'' was about one inch from the rim and if she did not go turn off the water that I would be in ''deep stuff'' shortly and it would only get worser real quick. You would not believe the wonderful sound of the water stopping running into a commode that has about half an inch to go to reach the rim while you are standing in a bathroom with the inside door knob in your right hand and the outside door knob and the little metal ''thingie'' that moves the ''keeper'' in the bathroom door when it opens to let you out with the commode lever on the floor and water running into the commode and you can't stop it and you are wearing your new sneakers.........

Willa finally got the bathroom door open with a screwdriver and I did all the necessary repairs to the door knob, the ''keeper'', the little metal ''thingie'' etc etc …. I finally got the commode lever back on and I used some ''loc tite'' on it to keep the bolt from falling out and most importantly............ I installed a cut off valve on the incoming water line coming up to the commode.

AINT CAMPIN FUN …??????

Lets all ask someone to bring our troops home real soon .....
I'm sorry but that story STINKS

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 02:36 PM   #3

That's just WRONG... I think good ol' Murphy (law) was there in the room with you...
Old 01-05-2011, 02:40 PM   #4

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
A murphy law in action, if it can go wrong it will at the worst possible time
Bob N Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 03:00 PM   #5

So can you explain what Willa meant when she said the words doesn't feel right?
bldrbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 04:56 PM   #6

So a "crappy" day...

You had a somewhat "crappy" day, you almost had a really crappy day...

Could not resist, the PG wording does not sound as good as the R raed one...
TQ60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 05:17 PM   #7

Now that's funny! Thanks for the story. I needed the laugh!!
srrobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 06:18 PM   #8

Look at the positive side of your experience. Well, OK- just go look anyway.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 06:36 PM   #9
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
So, a "pile of crap with a marshmallow on top," standing in a pile of crap. Now that has got to be a picture of a crappy situation.

Semper Fi!
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 08:47 PM   #10

My eyes are watering I'm laughing so hard SeaJay. Thanks
"I won't be wronged I won't be insulted I won't be layed a hand on. I don't do these things to other people. And I require the same from them." (John Bernard Books) John Wayne The Shootist his last Movie.
CorsairIIAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 08:59 PM   #11

love seajays stories. always fun to read

thanks
Old 01-05-2011, 09:08 PM   #12

Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
I would say Sh*t happens but I have seen the MH toilet overlow and I learned where to screw in the fresh water and its not int he black tank flush valve.
Chickenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 04:27 PM   #13

Workhorse Chassis Owner
My wife and I really got a good laugh out of your story! Funny ain't it when it happened to someone else?
Easyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 09:08 PM   #14

Ford Super Duty Owner
Great story Seajay!! I had our toilet door lock on my when I exited once and couldn't get back in. I had the bright idea to turn the knob around so the lock button was on the outside. This worked well for many moons. Sadly one day I was on the 'throne' and LOML decided she had to run out to do some errands and as she passed by the door she nudged 'THE BUTTON'. It was a good thing I had plenty of readin' material, 'cause it was awhile before I was 'sprung'.
pkunk1 is offline   Reply With Quote