Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-03-2015, 09:53 PM   #15

"If Zepredron causes sudden death stop taking it and consult your doctor."
Menendez is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-03-2015, 11:43 PM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menendez View Post
"If Zepredron causes sudden death stop taking it and consult your doctor."
And your lawyer.
Old 11-04-2015, 06:43 AM   #17

One of my clients has to take medications that cost her around $3,200 per month. She can go across the border into Canada and buy the same exact pills for less than $500. There is a big problem when something like this is possible.
Old 11-04-2015, 07:19 AM   #18

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
There have been Congressional investigations but,, As you may well understand PRO being the opposite of CON CONgress made no PROgress .

Seriously I do not know the outcomes of those investigations, the reports were never published.. I do know one senator is wishes to do something about it.. sadly there are a whole lot more that need to get on the ball. Oh well... A whole lot of money goes to pay for Politicians who will support the current pricing structure.

But thankfully that one i mentioned earlier is shaking things up a bit just now.
Old 11-04-2015, 08:44 AM   #19
IC2

Commercials are why I seldom watch anything more then a ball game (base or foot) or a car race. A one hour 'show' has at least 20 minutes of commercials for products or services I generally have little use for.

Why do male specific drugs need to be advertised on prime time or why do I need to see a pickup truck 'exploding' through a barrier with motorcycles doing jumps in the background. Why do I need to see a Nissan, M-B, Audi, Lexus --- or whatever sliding sideways or racing through the desert at ridiculous speeds all being driven by someone who looks like he would have a problem buying a post fire Pinto.

My wife uses the DVR for a very few show, I just read a book, wander around the 'net or, better yet, disappear into my workshop for some tool noises..
IC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 09:26 AM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
They no longer allow cigarettes and hard alcohol to be advertised on major "free" networks but allow these equally dangerous drugs to be pimped on our airways.
Mike & Karen. 2012 Holiday Rambler Vacationer 34 SBD, Toad is a 2014 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, Copperhead Pearl . Blue Ox base plate with Roadmaster Nighthawk towbar with RVibrake2 Auxiliary Braking System and EEZTIRE TPMS. CHF, rear track bar and Safe T Steer. FMCA Member.
SmokyRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 09:37 AM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
Welcome to marketing.

These folks are trying to capture a portion of the market that is already full of products. Used to be they marketed through the Dr. but the Dr. probably used common sense and would use the drug they though was appropriate.

Now the pharmaceuticals are marketing direct to the customer and encouraging us to to tell the Dr. what we NEED to take to solve our problems. Some problems we did not even know we had. But I need it because I have the same symptoms they just advertised!

You want to live longer and healthier. Start by eating a good diet of fruits vegetables and protein. Use moderation as a watch word. We probably will be able to go back to having the Dr. tell us what we need. If marketing will let us.
Old 11-04-2015, 10:01 AM   #22

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Just to put a different look at drug commercials.
I have been on pain killers for quite some time. Had I not seen a commercial for the drug I was taking and all the side effects I would not have stopped taking it. My dizzy spells, impaired balance, upset stomach and other problems were all a part of the drug. Its easier to deal with the pain than the side affects, thanks to the commercials.
Mind you the withdrawals are pretty bad.
jporietis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 05:27 PM   #23

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by IC2 View Post
Commercials are why I seldom watch anything more then a ball game (base or foot) or a car race.
I get surveys "Have you seen this commercial"

When my wife was alive, we hardly ever watched "live" TV, usually we watch time shifted via a nice pair of DVRs.

Wife would skip past the commercials. even the cute ones.

I do not do that (normally) But guess what. I do not see them either... They are just "Dead air" to my brain.. When the show comes back on,, the brain turns back on and I watch.

The only way to watch TV... Remember do I when the Cable Companies, and later Sat companies, advertised about Commercial Free TV.. Never bought into that like.. Glad I did not.