Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-18-2015, 07:33 PM   #29
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
I didn't think I wanted/needed one until our coach came w/one. Now I wouldn't be without it. Some of those CG laundromats are nasty & I wouldn't wash anything of mine in them if I was paid to. Same goes for public laundromats in general. I like being able to do small loads more frequently, not having to babysit it like at a public place where if I took 2 minutes to run to the bathroom & it finished I'd be concerned someone would empty my load out to who knows where, plus like Karen posted above, I use it as a dirty clothes hamper until time to do a load or 2. I'm not concerned about the little bit of storage space it takes up. After 10 seasons, I've still got several empty drawers in our coach.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-18-2015, 09:18 PM   #30

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
I didn't think I wanted/needed one until our coach came w/one. Now I wouldn't be without it. Some of those CG laundromats are nasty & I wouldn't wash anything of mine in them if I was paid to. Same goes for public laundromats in general. I like being able to do small loads more frequently, not having to babysit it like at a public place where if I took 2 minutes to run to the bathroom & it finished I'd be concerned someone would empty my load out to who knows where, plus like Karen posted above, I use it as a dirty clothes hamper until time to do a load or 2. I'm not concerned about the little bit of storage space it takes up. After 10 seasons, I've still got several empty drawers in our coach.

Lori-
Wow.. you are good... you should write a book!
Old 04-19-2015, 09:26 AM   #31

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiavet View Post
That was one thing I personally didn't want. They take up space that could be used for storage. So when we got the new to us 2010 I was happy those were missing. The original owners had them removed when they bought it new. Most CGs have a laundry or you usually can find one in town.

Am I in the minority?

cyn
When we were looking for a rig my wife said, "A washer and drier really does not matter. I can use the coin laundry, available at most RV parks."

It turns out that the coach we ended up with had a stacker washer/drier and now she loves it and its one of the first things she mentions when showing our rig to other ladies. She says she does not know how she could live full-time in the coach without it.
Old 04-19-2015, 11:19 AM   #32

We have been full time for 9 years. Having a laundry option in our first rig was a deal breaker. I absolutely hate using laundromats. First rig had an unvented Splendide. I learned how to use it and was very pleased. When it broke we replaced it with whirlpool stackable front loaders. When we hunted for our MH those units were coming along

How's much do I love having my own units??? Well I gave up a bedroom slide to get a rig with that closet space when we moved to the DP
Clothing storage isn't an issue. With your own laundry you don't need as many clothes.
And those units paid for themselves in a year. A weeks worth of laundry (when we dry camp) now costs us as much as $20 in some areas. That's about $60 a month that I want to spend on fun stuff.
Nana25K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 07:06 PM   #33

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87Rockwood View Post
Whats wrong with using a river and a large flat rock?

Been there done that. believe it or not back in the 70's camping in a very remote campsite in Canada in a cabin with no electricity. My Mom and I actually did do the washing that way, even had a scrub board (remember those)
chiavet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 09:41 AM   #34

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Count me in for the 50% that prefers storage to a w/d that takes forever. I have found that 3 hrs in a laundromat about once a month is more time efficient. I had the stackable pulled and will have a pantry built soon. I look for a clean laundromat and it works fine.
Old 04-21-2015, 09:52 AM   #35

Wife doesn't care about anything in the coach... except the washer/dryer
datrbone8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 03:02 PM   #36

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsirby View Post
... I hate the CG laundry rooms and finding a clean, decent laundrymat in town is a pain...
My D/W's sentiments exactly. Many CG laundry's are not very clean.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 03:41 PM   #37

Something else to think about. If you keep the machine, you will have a W/D, good, bad, or indifferent. If you rip it out, by the time you have your tools stowed, the storage space will be full, and someone will be looking for more.

Just Sayin'

Ken Gasbarri
Old 04-25-2015, 08:00 AM   #38
rpk

Having lived in Sardinia for several years we were quite used to small Italian combos. Didn't have one in the rig but after a year had one shipped and installed it myself. Have had some problems with it but have enough time on my hands to fix stuff. Don't travel in circles where wrinkles are particularly frowned on, and like the set and forget convenience. Only hiccup is the spin speed is so high the sheets remain stuck to the drum and have to be pulled off to get proper drying. Wouldn't be without it.
Old 04-25-2015, 09:15 AM   #39

Actually, if it came to a choice, DW would leave me and take the WD.
TLGPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 10:43 AM   #40

Talking Choices

to each their own right,just consigned ours to a better life as a Pepsi can. one pair of pants,socks and a shirt/load not!!!!!!!!
Oldone1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 12:49 PM   #41

Tiffin Owners Club
Our new to us Winnie came with a combo WD and I have to say that I thought it was silly when we bought the MH. But I recently used it for under clothing and for towels. It really came in handy! I just watched folks arguing about a dishwasher....that I can live without, seldom use the one I have at home.
On the Road with 13 Rescued Cats
LynnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 02:55 PM   #42

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
I agree with the previous comments - whatever makes you happy and able to enjoy your coach is what matters.

As a full-timer, I really like having my vented, combo W/D. Very convenient and easy to use.