Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-21-2016, 09:46 PM   #1
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Amazon Prime Rocks!

I placed an order at 2:30 this afternoon. By 6PM I rec'd notification it shipped. The only other site I know of that ships that fast is RVUpgrades.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-21-2016, 10:38 PM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
Georgie Boy Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
I placed an order at 2:30 this afternoon. By 6PM I rec'd notification it shipped. The only other site I know of that ships that fast is RVUpgrades.

Lori-
We have been using Amazon Prime for years. Are you also using the free Amazon Video? Nice way to watch a few movies while relaxing.
W3SI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 10:39 PM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I've gotten notices of shipment from Amazon, but then three days later it still hasn't been received by the shipping company.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 12:33 AM   #4

I am sometimes in awe of this modern world, even without special shipping or Prime. Last year, I ordered a coffee maker from Amazon around 3PM. At 11AM THE NEXT DAY it was at the post office waiting for me.

Matt B
Old 01-22-2016, 12:36 AM   #5

Just had 2 packages delivered this afternoon that I ordered this morning. No charge for same day delivery
Old 01-22-2016, 03:30 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Amazon is great, very fast shipping. I never had a problem. Was asked this week to help another customer of theirs with questions on a past purchase of mine, which I did. Their customer service is fantastic.
US Navy Vet.
Bruce C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 05:02 AM   #7

I've ordered hundreds of items from Amazon prime and hardly ever do they miss a shipment or do I get incorrect tracking data. Strangely enough the biggest offender has been UPS. Usually, shipping issues are with Amazon partner suppliers. Amazon fulfillment centers are virtually flawless.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
I've gotten notices of shipment from Amazon, but then three days later it still hasn't been received by the shipping company.
Old 01-22-2016, 05:42 AM   #8
YC1

I have received many packages on Sundays. They are amazing.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 07:17 AM   #9

Me, too. In our area, the Sunday UPS deliveries are done by the U.S. Postal service.

Also, agree that Amazon Prime is good, but I didn't like their doubling the yearly price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC1 View Post
2005 Safari (Monaco)Trek 28RB2, Workhorse W20, 8.1, Allison 1000 5 spd, UltraPower engine & tranny, Track bars & sway bars, KONI FSD, FMCA 190830, Safari Int'l. chapter. 1999 Safari Trek 2830, 1995 Safari Trek 2430, 1983 Winnebago Chieftain, 1976 Midas Mini
George Schweikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 08:45 AM   #10

If you are on the road where do you have Prime packages delivered? Will they deliver to campsites?

We love Amazon and now Prime. My wife and I laugh about the wide and wild array of things we order.
Falcon 2 All terrain tow bar, RVi2 brake, Towmate TM3 wireless lights
avid_dk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 09:41 AM   #11

Amazon Prime Rocks!

I have beaten Amazon on pricing over 90% of the time. Just saved $43 on 2 filters by going to the vendor. Shipping included. Delivered to my campsite via Fedex. I can wait a day.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 11:08 AM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by avid_dk View Post
If you are on the road where do you have Prime packages delivered? Will they deliver to campsites?

We love Amazon and now Prime. My wife and I laugh about the wide and wild array of things we order.
Yes you can have your Prime shipments sent to any location that will accept them. Not all RV parks will, so be sure to check prior to placing your order.
BobGed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 12:03 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jondrew View Post
I've ordered hundreds of items from Amazon prime and hardly ever do they miss a shipment or do I get incorrect tracking data. Strangely enough the biggest offender has been UPS. Usually, shipping issues are with Amazon partner suppliers. Amazon fulfillment centers are virtually flawless.
I agree about UPS. I wish Amazon would find another carrier. UPS sucks.
I ordered a new hot water heater for my coach. I selected regular free shipping as I was not in a rush. Was scheduled for 3-4 days. I got the shipping notice from Amazon within a few hours of placing the order. From there it went to hell in a hand basket.
After over 1 week, UPS could not tell me were it was at so I called Amazon and they shipped a second one by Overnight Delivery.
Well, a week later the Overnight shipment finally arrived. Amazon gave me a 20% discount to compensate.
Each time I called UPS, which was many, I would get the same response. Check with our website. Nobody at UPS would actually take ownership unlike Amazon who were Very Responsive to my problem.
Old 01-22-2016, 12:11 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by YC1 View Post

So the USPS rocks......My wife will be glad to hear that.
okcnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote