Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-21-2021, 03:13 PM   #57

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Amazon vs Walmart

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
I think that's what the OP ran into. My son placed an order yesterday for less than $20 and free shipping. Any item that is shipped direct from Amazon will be free shipping, no matter the cost. Items that are shipped from other vendors may not be!
Agreed. I’ve rarely, if ever, paid for shipping on Amazon. Only about half the time on eBay. Both allow vendors that ship from their factories, stores, etc. and they may charge shipping since it’s not in an Amazon warehouse. Walmart controls their own products from what I’ve seen, so unless it’s a separate vendor selling through Walmart, delivery and pricing are up to them.
Extarheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-21-2021, 03:20 PM   #58

Amazon has had the $25 minimum for free delivery for a long time. I started subscribing to Prime back when it was under $70, but got tired of the constant increases in the cost of Prime, when all I use is the 2 day delivery, not any of the other benefits. So, last year I quit Prime & have been able to live with the longer deliveries, even though we're full time rvers. I've noticed Amazon doesn't even start to assemble my order for 3-4 days now that I don't have Prime. I plan ahead for my needs & don't really miss my 2 day deliveries which, many times, took more than 2 days on Amazon stocked items anyway. Prime 2 day can become addicting, but isn't worth the cost anymore, just for quicker delivery.
freestyle_freddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 03:22 PM   #59

post-bretton-woods world order”?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoFree View Post
Hey TampaDave, what is “ post-bretton-woods world order”? I have no idea what that means?
I didnt have a clue either so I Googled it. Remember, TampaDave was talking about 'after' the Bretton-Woods system....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bretton_Woods_system
Dwellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 04:42 PM   #60

Prime Shipping

I just just on Amazon Customerservice Chat and asked if you are a Prime Member is there a $25 minimum purchase to receive free shipping
Their answer was, NO
Ed Gardiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 04:43 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by freestyle_freddy View Post
Amazon has had the $25 minimum for free delivery for a long time. I started subscribing to Prime back when it was under $70, but got tired of the constant increases in the cost of Prime, when all I use is the 2 day delivery, not any of the other benefits. So, last year I quit Prime & have been able to live with the longer deliveries, even though we're full time rvers. I've noticed Amazon doesn't even start to assemble my order for 3-4 days now that I don't have Prime. I plan ahead for my needs & don't really miss my 2 day deliveries which, many times, took more than 2 days on Amazon stocked items anyway. Prime 2 day can become addicting, but isn't worth the cost anymore, just for quicker delivery.
Sorry, never true for me. I’ve been using Prime many years. Never pay shipping. Delivery times have reduced dramatically this past year.

And I live in the Rocky Mountains of Idaho 16 miles to nearest town.
LarryinID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 04:51 PM   #62

After reading this entire thread (well, entire as of Weds night), I placed 2 Amazon orders, one Thursday and the other on Friday. Both arrived on Saturday. Free expedited delivery with Prime.

If you don't use any other services and can wait longer, don't pay for Prime. I doubt anyone will think less of your choice.

That said, there is NO MINIMUM order value for expedited shipping for Prime customers. None. I suspect whoever posted that mixed up Amazon with WalMart's policy.
Old 02-21-2021, 04:52 PM   #63

Walmart all day long
dans1999f-53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 04:53 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryinID View Post
Nonsense on counterfeit parts accusation. Look at reviews before you buy.
I do. That doesn't mean there aren't a lot of counterfeit parts on there.
I even see reviews where they got a used item instead of a new item.
Old 02-21-2021, 04:59 PM   #65

I try and shop for the best deal, and it’s not always Amazon. I have prime membership and I use prime video all the time, so the cost is worth it to me.
But you have to admit the convince of having almost any item at your fingertips is pretty hard to beat! Especially when you couple the facts of time and money and fuel cost going up and up. And these days there is a Safty factor to consider. Having said that, I do try and spend local as much as I can. But it seems the tings I purchase are never close by. Also customer service seems to be a thing of the past! But when I do find great service I’m willing to pay more, patronize them often and recommend them highly!

PS.. I’m not a fan of malls, I usually stay in the car while the DW shops!
Johnynorthla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 06:02 PM   #66

Personally I avoid both Walmart and Amazon. They both have major problems. Both are egregious employers and both exploit their workers, and in Amazon's case, their partner vendors. It's easy to find that info on the internet if you wish to look. My motto is "anywhere but Walmart or Amazon" but at the same time, I use them when necessary because at times it's essentially the only option. YMMV and there are so many criteria when making purchases and each individual has to make their own decisions between price, quality, speed, and other choices, like their respect for other aspects of the societal equation. Amazon and Walmart are not always the cheapest either. Cheers!
Old 02-21-2021, 06:05 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by F4Gary View Post
I do. That doesn't mean there aren't a lot of counterfeit parts on there.
I even see reviews where they got a used item instead of a new item.
That happens on eBay, too. A lot.
Old 02-21-2021, 06:22 PM   #68

25$ min ? Not my prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Rooster View Post
First I have prime doesn’t matter how little or much free shipping. Second prime members are 2 day shipping free so how can Walmart be 3 days faster?
I can ordea 5$ item and get two day free shipping. Prime had Daily deals that dont total 25$ so I don’t know where OP gets the minimum order requirements from.
Walmart is free shipping for a trial period , then 12$+ a month , no minimum. But quicker than Amazon? Only if the local grocery is closeby and has some items. I ordered a 48oz Hellmans Mayo yesterday and it’s arriving on Thursday ! Walmart has a lot of items they won’t ship and only allow store pickup.
That all being said, they both need to train their employees to package with some common sense attitude. I worked Camperforce for Amazon fulfillment and they pay incentives by quantity not quality .
It’s ridiculous how things get packaged these days. My 12yo granddaughter could do better.
maddczech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 06:27 PM   #69
Pup

Texas Boomers Club
Florida Cooters Club
Appalachian Campers
Carolina Campers
LA Gulf Coast Campers
1) Walmart pays more taxes and employees more people and treats them better than Amazon does. Walmart does not get tax breaks to open a warehouse in an area.
2) Amazon will no longer let me review products because I'm conservative but they are more than happy to take my money.
3) I can have a Walmart order delivered to or pick from the Walmart that is closest to me and pick it up generally the same day.
I know people who've worked for years at Walmart and they are treated well. So if I can't find it at Walmart I will go to Amazon but only as a second choice. And I am a Prime member.
Pup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 07:05 PM   #70

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busskipper View Post
In the last 12 months Prime has turned into 5-7 days on most Prime orders - we used to get Great next Day delivery - but with Covid everything went to a week.

Glad to hear some places have still got great service - Not here in Maryland where we are 45 miles from Not One But two Warehouses.

Guess I might just call them - thanks,
We may be moving to your area. Where is the nearest Walmart?

I order my RV antifreeze online for hands free pickup, they bring it to my car or RV and load it. Great service with a smile.
Bobbystar is offline   Reply With Quote