Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-09-2015, 02:20 PM   #29

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Airline guy flying an Airbus and I manage two corporate jets for two different entities.

I'd much rather be in my coach or on the water during a day off. It's been a great career thus far
pmgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-09-2015, 07:49 PM   #30

I fly a DJI Inspire 1 Quad copter, does that count ?
Old 08-09-2015, 08:20 PM   #31

Country Coach Owners Club
Private pilot,ASEL, Instrument airplane, commercial free balloon
Old 08-09-2015, 08:31 PM   #32

Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic, Private Pilot, Commercial Single engine land & Sea. Hueys and Chinooks in the Army for 21 years. It's a lot more fun breaking them than fixin' em. Don't currently fly, too expensive, bought a Motor Home instead, the annuals aren't as bad, and I have my own "hangar"!
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 03:53 PM   #33

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skymark View Post
I am a corporate pilot and it's a dream job. I fly a very nice jet single pilot about 3 times a month and it's almost like being retied. That why I am in here because I am like the Southwest guys I want another outlet for my free time. I haven't bought a Motor home yet just starting to look and decide what I want. My wife wants to get another airplane but I have done that years ago and it's time for something new. I still love to fly but I have learned that following one's passion keeps life interesting. I am thinking the RV life could be my next passion.
Exactly how I am feeling. I'm still passionate about aviation but since the wife is not into it like me, the best way for us to see the US, CAN and AK is by RV . Like many here, the DW and I have traveled to many places outside of the US. It is time for us to experience as much of this country as we can, while we can. She is pretty excited about the idea also.
swoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 11:07 PM   #34

Yea I'm an A&P too and fly & manage two jets as well. My wife tolerates flying because it gets her where she's going fast. I am getting into this to kinda slow things down for both of us. She likes the social aspect of getting together with folks that have a common interest and I am hoping this will do it. Her idea of roughing it is a hotel room without coffee hence the class A with the creature comforts. We shall see.
Skymark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 06:47 PM   #35

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skymark View Post
Yea I'm an A&P too and fly & manage two jets as well. My wife tolerates flying because it gets her where she's going fast. I am getting into this to kinda slow things down for both of us. She likes the social aspect of getting together with folks that have a common interest and I am hoping this will do it. Her idea of roughing it is a hotel room without coffee hence the class A with the creature comforts. We shall see.
Seems like you are quite busy and I hope that you enjoy what you do. I think I would enjoy having an airport as my office. I retired from the Army in 2002 and have had an enjoyable IT career since then. Getting tired of the grind though and ready to do other things while I have good health. If the stars line up right, I will be retired this time next year with DW retiring in 2017.

My wife is a bit like yours in that we will be RVing, not camping. The closest we will be to camping is me barbque'ing on the grill while she watches! We are friendly folks but we are looking more for peace and quiet and adventure. I dream up the adventures and DW is a willing participant. When we select an RV it will be a Class A also. I search the internet almost every evening looking at coaches. And every evening I see something new that I like. So many choices but I'm learning a lot as I search. Still, my most important single resource for info is IRV2!!
swoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 07:28 AM   #36

@ DonavanP, re: N7003Y:

There's no way to know for certain, but from the FAA's records the plane's registration was cancelled by Piper In 1970. Most likely guess is that it was damaged to the point where it wasn't economically feasible to repair.

I got my Multi/Commercial/Instrument in a PA-30. I have owned my Cessna 195 for over 29 years. It's based at KDPA - DuPage Airport, west of Chicago.
195pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 07:46 AM   #37

I still stay current in rotary and fixed wing as I have time and money to spend on it. I no longer fly for anyone but myself, so it's turned into an expensive hobby.
Dtwallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 10:48 AM   #38

Jayco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 195pilot View Post
@ DonavanP, re: N7003Y:

There's no way to know for certain, but from the FAA's records the plane's registration was cancelled by Piper In 1970. Most likely guess is that it was damaged to the point where it wasn't economically feasible to repair.

I got my Multi/Commercial/Instrument in a PA-30. I have owned my Cessna 195 for over 29 years. It's based at KDPA - DuPage Airport, west of Chicago.
Thank you for your reply. Love the big ole round engines like your 195.
DonavonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 05:38 PM   #39

I've always heard aviators were found on aircraft carriers.
timetogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 05:35 AM   #40

Spoken like a true squid.
Skymark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 09:03 AM   #41

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Flew in Microlights both Trike & Fixed wing. Around the UK & Indonesia.

2600Hrs as P1, Instructor, Examiner & Inspector.

Now hooked on RV's

Vectra 40AD based in Beautiful North Wales. UK.
Bigpeetee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 08:59 PM   #42

My next door neighbor got me interested in flying, and I took my lessons in a Piper Tomahawk in 1979. He and most of my neighbors were the original Falcon 33 pilots for Federal Express--and went on to fly DC10's and more modern aircraft.

Today I talk airplanes with a close friend that has the coast to coast speed record in the SR71's last flight. He went on to be a 747 pilot before retiring.

When I need to go somewhere now, I fly with my sister at 51K' in her personal Lear 45.
Bamaman is offline   Reply With Quote