Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-02-2019, 05:46 PM   #1

Nor'easters Club
Any Interest in an Online Nevada Barr (Anna Pigeon) Book Club?

Hello - A friend recently turned my wife and me on to Nevada Barr's books. The protagonist of Nevada's stories, Anna Pigeon, is a National Park Service Ranger, modeled after the author's experiences as same. Each story takes place in a National Park and draws from Ms. Barr's (or her colleagues) real experiences and remarkable imagination. The first book, "Track of the Cat," takes place in West Texas' Guadalupe Mountains National Park; a location we hope to visit some day. Anyhow, I thought there might be some interest in starting a Nevada Barr Book Club. It would be fun and interesting to hear other folks' perspectives, including those who may have visited each story's Park setting in person. Please respond if interested. I'm thinking a simple approach: starting with her first book, pitching a future date by which participants could post/share their points-of-view, reactions, experiences, etcetera.
Thanks!
rosebud1218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-04-2019, 08:34 AM   #2

Forest River Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
YES, a true fan of Nevada Barr and her many books. It's been a while now for us after reading them. However, we are planning a trip into and along the Natchez Trace parkway next year from Mississippi to Nashville, TN.

We both enjoy Crime Books and stories of Adventure. It is wonderful how she sets the National Park(s) she uses as a backdrop creating a true interest in the park(s) and finding some of the points she brings up in her books.

Here may be a helpful link for you both to find your way down into the warm State of Florida http://www.CampFlorida.com

van-gogh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 05:44 PM   #3

Nor'easters Club
Thanks Dogman! My wife and I are both camping and Nevada Barr newbies. I'm reading her books first to last - started with "Track of the Cat" (Guadalupe Mountains) and am on to "A Superior Death" (Isle Royale NP). My wife reading last to first and just finished "Boar Island" (Acadia). Love her writing style and agree with you that her use of the National Parks settings is wonderful. Being totally unfamiliar with Natchez Trace Parkway, I looked it up online; wow, very cool preserved history. I take it there is a Nevada Barr story that incorporates Natchez Trace? Thanks for the CampFlorida link. We left our camper in Fort Pierce and are heading back in January for a trip to the Keys and then throughout the and about the State. Heading west to Texas in February and hoping for stops at Big Bend and Guadalupe Mountains. Let me know if you have any preferences, for example first book, start date, postings to this thread, etc.
Dan & Angi
Old 12-09-2019, 12:55 PM   #4

Nor'easters Club
Just finished Nevada Barr's first book: "Track of the Cat," sited in the Guadalupe Mountains National Park. Great read and we are hoping to visit Pine Springs Campground this coming March after a stay at Big Bend. I think Nevada Barr's principal character, Anna Pigeon, a National Parks Service Ranger would be great to meet around the campfire. Certainly her experience and knowledge about mountain lions, rattle snakes, and tarantulas could come in handy.

Tags
ada