Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-23-2016, 06:34 PM   #15

Any long road trips here?

We pretty much wander.
Started in 2012. Don't intend to stop!
http://davenola.blogspot.com/?m=1
Happy Trails
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-23-2016, 06:57 PM   #16

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by spritz View Post
We left Mpls on Wednesday night, It was in the 30ties and are currently sitting in the BIL"s Driveway in Oklahoma City have a few repairs too fix before we head too Yuma Az for the next 6 months. Was in the 80ties when we pulled in yesterday afternoon. We have around 7-8 hundred miles shaved off of the approximately 1850 miles one way. Have had great weather so far also.
Tim
Don't be in too much of a hurry to get to Yuma. Temps are still hitting the mid 90s. And April will be really toasty! Don't fall for that, "but it's a dry heat" thing. Hot is HOT! Most snowbirds leave in March and make a slow roll north following their preferred climate.

I'm near Seattle now and have a over stayed. It's too cool and rainy for my preferred wardrobe -- shorts and T-shirts. We leave here Tuesday am after rush hour. We will do a slow roll south stopping to visit friends along the way. Plan to be near Phoenix about Dec 1st. I also hate to run the A/C.

Seattle is GREAT July -Sept. -- no rain, plenty of sunshine and temps in the 70s. The rest of the year is for growing moss on everything.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 08:37 PM   #17

Any long road trips here?

Tim,
I agree with Barb.
Nola and I also move with the weather. Never hot nor cold, if possible.
If Yuma is what suits you durin the period, We hope you have a grand time. The Arizona Marketplace is fun and full of good deals. And Quartzsite and the Yuma Proving Grounds is just a pretty drive North. And don't miss Los Algadones for great food and buys!
We are in Prescott now, and will move to Mesa and Tucson and Yuma as the temps temper down. Then, SoCal and Napa, etc until it's time to migrate, go with the great weather, and change our outdoor wallpaper with each move!
The Journey is Our Destination. And seldom the same park twice!
Happy Trails to you. Hope our paths may cross some time.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 10:54 PM   #18

Send a message via AIM to Johnitis Send a message via MSN to Johnitis Send a message via Yahoo to Johnitis
What fun adventures you guys are planning or having.

On November 1, we leave home, crossing the Golden Gate Bridge heading south. We'll camp our way down the coast, and cross the Mexican border on December 1. In Ensenada, we will hook up with our friends coming from Oregon and Canada. After hitting the (seafood, seafood, seafood!) market there, we'll caravan our three RVs down the Baja. We plan to see the whales at Guerrero Negro, get oysters at Puerto Perdasco (seafood!), and ultimately Snowbird for the winter at one of the beaches on Bahia Conception. We always say that we're going to drive all the way to Cabo, and we do, just in the toads, not the rigs. In March, we'll head back to California in time for the tennis tournament at Indian Wells. After a couple of weeks in Palm Springs, we'll say goodbye to our friends, and head west for the coast, retracing our steps on the ocean until we arrive back home in the Bay Area, sometime in May.

Happy travels!
Johnitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 05:25 AM   #19

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Yep it is a dry heat, for us better than below zero temps no snow shoveling, plowing, no salt coving everything. Nope a nice chair under the aweing with a good book or magazine, maybe a little touring or a little shopping, a trip to Mexico, visit with new friends we met last year in Yuma and Quartzsite.
For us so far so good.
What ever you decide enjoy it and don't fret the little stuff...
All that seafood sounds sooooo good.
Did you see that Lobster that guy caught that was 13-14 lbs? Good, Bad?? not sure when they are that big.
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 10:40 AM   #20

Send a message via AIM to Johnitis Send a message via MSN to Johnitis Send a message via Yahoo to Johnitis
No, I didn't see it, Tim, but it must be good. I immediately thought about butter and lemon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spritz View Post
All that seafood sounds sooooo good.
Did you see that Lobster that guy caught that was 13-14 lbs? Good, Bad?? not sure when they are that big.
Tim
Old 10-25-2016, 11:49 AM   #21

Freightliner Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
We have just made all of our reservations for a 2700 mile, 13 day loop from our home in Atlanta, up through TN, KY OH and PA up to Niagara Falls. Then back down through Amish country in PA, VA NC, SC and back home. I had a hard time finding a campground in Lancaster County even though the trip is 11 months away. I finally found a spot at Lake in the Wood campground.
I am getting to the point in our business where I can start taking more time off from work but for now about 25-30 nights in the coach is all we can manage.

We have several small trips planned. We are leaving Thursday for Lake Guntersville, AL. We are going to Panama City, FL for Thanksgiving to visit with my wife's family. We are going to our favorite local COE park for Christmas. I just booked Topsail in Santa Rosa Beach, FL for Valentines.
Cranemec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 04:02 PM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
I would like to offer a word of caution in this electronic media age. Unless you know who you are talking to, discussing when you will be gone and how long you will be gone may not work out to well for your household belongings. This isn't as much of an issue if you are full timing it, but still be wary. JMO
Old 10-25-2016, 04:24 PM   #23

Freightliner Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randyman1 View Post
I would like to offer a word of caution in this electronic media age. Unless you know who you are talking to, discussing when you will be gone and how long you will be gone may not work out to well for your household belongings. This isn't as much of an issue if you are full timing it, but still be wary. JMO

My son lives in our guest house. He is armed and dangerous. No worries. lol
Cranemec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 10:18 AM   #24

Thanks for the concern, but we should be OK if we don't give out our physical addresses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randyman1 View Post
Old 10-27-2016, 08:14 PM   #25

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I don't mind telling where I live it is easy to find. Just look for me between Fort Worth and Dallas, you can't miss me, I am in the brick house.
Bill
WILDEBILL308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 11:30 PM   #26

Pretty much, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDEBILL308 View Post
I don't mind telling where I live it is easy to find. Just look for me between Fort Worth and Dallas, you can't miss me, I am in the brick house.
Bill
Old 10-28-2016, 06:38 PM   #27

Winnebago Owners Club
Well Cave city was fun and thought I would go back to Ft Campbell Ky
And look at the museum and found out it is closed. Last time I was here the guy running it asked if I had a unit patch I would donate and I told him yes. Well today I found out that any unit that was deactivated will not be listed. I was told this is the future of museums and I told the guy this is history of the 101st. My commitment a lot of solders gave all they can and made the 101st what it is today. Didn't matter to him but he wanted a donation and I walked away and will never go back.
Old 10-28-2016, 07:22 PM   #28

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Next years trip is in the planning stages. We will be in Nova Scotia some time in July.
Bill
WILDEBILL308 is offline   Reply With Quote