Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-10-2015, 07:09 PM   #1

Anybody On The forum That Lives In North Dakota?

Got to go there next week in a. 4WD pickup pulling a 8X5 U-Haul trailer, not Loki g forward to it...
SonnyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-10-2015, 07:50 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
In the winter?????
Tetonchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 06:12 PM   #3

Been there in the winter. Don't go!! Yikes it gets cold.
Ruddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 06:56 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Here is where my son lives in Williston, ND. Burr!!, plus it's really cold!
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dustin Williston Dec 2012  1.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	83159
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dustin Williston Dec 2012  9.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	109.2 KB
ID:	83160
I told him after I went there that I'd rather go back to Vietnam. I believe these pictures are in 2013.
98FPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 07:33 PM   #5

Gotta go & pickup my grandsons stuff. He's been working for a pipeline up there and with the price of oil the company is laying off. His rent is $1500/month and has no income coming in. So Paw Paw gotta go unfortunately. Believe me I DON'T want to go. It's about 1700 miles from me (one way)......
Old 01-11-2015, 07:45 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Sonny, yeah I'm worried about the same thing. Here is pic of a rental sign I saw last year. Click image for larger version

Name:	Dustin Williston Dec 2012  3.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	83162 Don't know if you have been there or not but it is absolutely insane as far as I concerned. I'm only just a little over 700 miles from where I live. I do think the weather is supposed to be a little better next week, tonight it is supposed be -20. Have a safe trip and watch out for the deer. My deer cost me $1500.00.
Old 01-11-2015, 08:06 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
You will be fine. Hopefully you can go in a time when there are no storms. The snow plows will be out and the roads should be in good condition. If you run into a storm best bet is to pull in and stay until the storm passes and the plows have had time to clear the roads.

Drive at a reasonable pace and drive smoothly - no quick lane changes or moves. Worst part will be the loading of the unit.

Have you considered having him rent the trailer one way and have it loaded for when you get there. Trailer is slightly more expensive but you will save some in the loading time and certainly you will not be out in the cold as much. Just enough time to hook up and start home.

Must say that you are a person to be admired. Not many would travel 1700 miles one way to help. Hats off to you.

Have a safe trip.
Old 01-11-2015, 09:06 PM   #8

Thanks Godon, he has already flown home couple weeks ago and will be traveling with me. The rental up there is $690 for. One way, I rented here for $329 for 7 days $18.95 per day, Sooo I figured with that much difference it would pay for the. Extra gas. Even tho it requires me to pull it up, load it and pull it back. Thankfully he doesn't have much to load. It will be boogie up there load and get the devil out of there. Again I'm not looking forward to this trip. Lot's of prayers needed....
Old 01-11-2015, 09:19 PM   #9

Not to worry. I live in Bismarck which is in the center of the state. The forecast for later in the week is Wed.+30*, Thur. 33*, Fri. 34* Sat.30*, Sun. 30* Nights in the mid teens. Also no snow is forecast. Let us know how it went.
pj54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 02:54 AM   #10

Your a good man Sony. Safe trip, God Bless!!!

Jim & Natalie
Las Vegas
LVUS101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 05:16 PM   #11

Anybody On The forum That Lives In North Dakota?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyB View Post
Gotta go & pickup my grandsons stuff. He's been working for a pipeline up there and with the price of oil the company is laying off. His rent is $1500/month and has no income coming in. So Paw Paw gotta go unfortunately. Believe me I DON'T want to go. It's about 1700 miles from me (one way)......

Cold, -17 F last Saturday!! But, it is supposed to warmup some later this week. No motels still, I would suspect, in the Bakken. Maybe get close as you can and then make a run for it. I have a friend out there if you need a place to stay for a couple of days. Little bit crusty but he would help you out. BTW he can also rent a room long term for a significant savings. PM me for info.

I wondered when this was going to start happening. I have been going out there for 11 years and watched the boom from early days. I think it is going to get worse as the Saudis cause per bbl oil price to drop.

2013 FleetWood Expedition 38B
dvmweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 09:33 AM   #12

Well thank God we made the trip, 3250 miles in 4 days pulling a. U -Haul trailer. Lost 1 tire on trailer, small delay, other than that all went well. Worse temperature we went thru was -14f other than that good roads. Thankfully grandson. Done most of the driving. Thanks to everyone's prayers and concerns.

Sonny Bailey
2014 Anthem DEQ
Old 01-16-2015, 11:24 AM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
Glad you made up and back okay Sonny. I have wondering about you. What part of North Dakota did you go to? My son has to move (again for the 4th or 5th time) this weekend as the septic tanks and drain fields are freezing up. Also see Halliburton, a big player up there is laying off too. Hopefully better days ahead.
Old 01-16-2015, 12:36 PM   #14

We went to Plaza, North Dakota about 50 miles south of Minot. Anyway whirlwind trip, now to rest up, rough on a old man.

Tags
forum