Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
View Poll Results: Are you legal or not with your concealed weapon?
Yes, have CCW. 63 52.07%
No CCW, still carry and no plans to get a CCW. 19 15.70%
No CCW, but plan to get CCW. 10 8.26%
Do not plan to carry a gun. 29 23.97%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-11-2011, 07:43 AM   #1

Are you legal or not with your concealed weapon?

I find lots of RV'ers pack guns for self defense. Where do you fit in?

Are you legal or not with your concealed weapon?
slackercrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-11-2011, 07:56 AM   #2

Had my CHL for 7 years now. Haven't needed it but nice to know it's there. Wife will be getting hers soon.
bullheaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 07:56 AM   #3

iRV2 No Limits Club
I don't carry (the only "gun" I own is an air BB/pellet rifle that hasn't been used in years) but since AZ is an open carry State, I wouldn't bother with a CCW permit; I'd just carry on my hip.
LadyFitz... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 09:00 AM   #4

What weapon . . .
radams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 09:18 AM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Now I can legally do what I have been doing for fifty years. Both Willa and I have our Concealed Carry permits. People should understand that they may legally carry a gun but if you ''fire that gun'' you should figure on a minimum of ten thousand dollars in legal costs even when you are in the right if you fire it. We live by the theory that we will never ''point'' a gun at anyone. If we expose the gun we will shoot to kill. If you are going to ''point'' the gun and not use it, you are better off with a sharp stick. The situation should be that if your life or your spouses life is threatened with deadly force..... SHOOT TO KILL and do not stop shooting till the weapon is empty..... no exceptions. In all other incidences and situations. RUN LIKE HELL AND DO NOT BE A COWBOY .......
It is better to be tried by twelve than carried by six and at the coroners inquest you will be the only one to testify as to what happened.....

This is just my opinion and I will respect yours if it is different.

A veteran gave you the right to bare arms.... thank them for it.
Seajay the sailor man
Seajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 09:45 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seajay View Post
People should understand that they may legally carry a gun but if you ''fire that gun'' you should figure on a minimum of ten thousand dollars in legal costs even when you are in the right if you fire it. We live by the theory that we will never ''point'' a gun at anyone. If we expose the gun we will shoot to kill. If you are going to ''point'' the gun and not use it, you are better off with a sharp stick. The situation should be that if your life or your spouses life is threatened with deadly force..... SHOOT TO KILL and do not stop shooting till the weapon is empty..... no exceptions. In all other incidences and situations. RUN LIKE HELL AND DO NOT BE A COWBOY .......
It is better to be tried by twelve than carried by six and at the coroners inquest you will be the only one to testify as to what happened.....

Seajay the sailor man
Well said, I was taught the same way. AND my THANK YOU as well for all who have fought for my way of life. Now IF I carry in my RV, is only for me to know.

RinkersRanch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 09:57 AM   #7

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seajay View Post
Now I can legally do what I have been doing for fifty years. Both Willa and I have our Concealed Carry permits. People should understand that they may legally carry a gun but if you ''fire that gun'' you should figure on a minimum of ten thousand dollars in legal costs even when you are in the right if you fire it. We live by the theory that we will never ''point'' a gun at anyone. If we expose the gun we will shoot to kill. If you are going to ''point'' the gun and not use it, you are better off with a sharp stick. The situation should be that if your life or your spouses life is threatened with deadly force..... SHOOT TO KILL and do not stop shooting till the weapon is empty..... no exceptions. In all other incidences and situations. RUN LIKE HELL AND DO NOT BE A COWBOY .......

Seajay the sailor man
You are 100% correct. Curiously enough, those are pretty much the reasons I do not have any guns. I've managed to learn how to stay out of situations where I might need one.
LadyFitz... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 11:51 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Location: KM Parks in Western Washington and Yuma,Az for the Winter
I carry a can of Wasp spray right by the entry door. Rather than shoot some jerk, I would much prefer to spray his eyeballs and watch him cry, scream, and suffer as I drive away. I hear that stuff reall hurts!!
Old 08-11-2011, 12:01 PM   #9

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I have 5 children GUNS are not a wise idea in my RV do to that reason. I do however carry an assortment of less than lethal weapons.
Conquest102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 12:13 PM   #10

Ford Super Duty Owner
Racking an empty 12 ga will probably clear the property, esp with a night light and a red dot.
mccsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 12:31 PM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
To need and not have is awful, to have and not need is a sign that we now live in a wonderful society of caring and thoughtful people...

Seajay said it best, I would rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6.

NUFF said. Oh by the way... that wasp spray is simply devastatingly effective and a whole lot cheaper and much more easily found than pepper spray !!!

I do NOT suffer from mental illness, but rather enjoy it daily !
Old 08-11-2011, 12:32 PM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hey Seajay... how did that crack filler job come out ???????
Old 08-11-2011, 01:07 PM   #13

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I've had my CPL (Concealed Pistol License) in WA for over 25 years now. And my OR one for about 20. Only once have I had to show I was armed and that was in Wyoming. Gist of it is is that I'm not a statistic.
WA has been a must issue state since the early 1960's, my father had a CPL license before that, but he was a tax collector for the state and loggers didn't really like them much!!
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 01:29 PM   #14

I served in the military and I do not carry nor do I expect to be thanked. I've seen enough blood spilled to last 3 lifetimes in what we were told was to preserve our freedom by lying politicians. Our right to bear arms is written in the bill of rights by men who were worried about a war with England and who, by the English, were branded as traitors. Those same heros died almost 150 years ago and many of the concerns they carried have since passed into history. The English are now our allies and we no longer have marauding indians and grizzly bears attacking you and your family in your hand built homestead on the edge of the western frontier nor are you considered a traitor.

Times have changed and even those who still believe the way it was, should be the way it is, have not. Not until they also have passed to history can we accept change and embrace it.
-Paul R. Haller-
Paul R. Haller is offline   Reply With Quote