Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
View Poll Results: Are you on Facebook?
Yes 84 68.85%
No 38 31.15%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-20-2011, 06:52 PM   #29

Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Yes, but now I'm on here more. The conversation is much more interesting.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-21-2011, 05:59 AM   #30

I am on Facebook. So are my 3 oldest kids, I am friends with them and many of their friends, so I always know what's going on.

I check it all the time, my friends are sports parents, like myself, and my childhood friends, that live far away now. It's fun and you can really keep up with people who might other wise have coffee, and I wouldn't know about it.

Coleman 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 06:02 AM   #31

I am on faceboook, but I belong to my old schools page. When I see the photos they post from our elem and jr high and high days, I am amazed that of all the girls I thought were pretty, all turned out ugly. And those my age , really look old, THEN I go to the mirror on the wall, and MY DAY IS RUINED !!!
mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 01:30 PM   #32

Fleetwood Owners Club
Location: Back in Philly for the fall heading to Sunshine before the snow flies
Quote:
Originally Posted by mick View Post
I am on faceboook, but I belong to my old schools page. When I see the photos they post from our elem and jr high and high days, I am amazed that of all the girls I thought were pretty, all turned out ugly. And those my age , really look old, THEN I go to the mirror on the wall, and MY DAY IS RUINED !!!
hondo122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 01:37 PM   #33

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Nope, I never have. It's just been something that never interested me. Seems to be more of a time-suck than anything. The negative, of it, seemed to far outweigh the advantage.

Do you know that you can lose a prospective job because of your facebook page? I'm not kidding. Employers look at it and judge the kind of employee you would make on what they see & read. I've been told this by several HR Managers, to include the company that I work for.

Sheila
PNWGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 03:29 PM   #34

Yep on Facebook

We're on Facebook, mostly for networking for work - as an individual practice, it feels like an incredible waste of time though it has been fun to catch up with some of the family -

Dave and Sheri
migrantdawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 03:41 PM   #35

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Nope, don't do facebook. The thing about FB is to have lots of "friends" to do whatever with. So, if you're not going to jump in with both feet and have lots of friends, etc, why do it. Besides, I really don't like the world to know what I'm doing, especially my ex!
CoastieSCPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 03:42 PM   #36

Alan,

Thanks for the link. Sent it to my SO, whose son is 82nd Airborne (third hitch). Said son is getting married in NC this weekend.

liz
Old 06-21-2011, 10:24 PM   #37

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibbyLA View Post
Alan,

Thanks for the link. Sent it to my SO, whose son is 82nd Airborne (third hitch). Said son is getting married in NC this weekend.

liz
Glad to help, Liz - tell him thanks and congratulations from me and my family. I was 82nd back in 1971-73 was in the 1/504 Infantry. My son is currently in the Navy - finished 6 years and just re-upped for 4 more.
Old 06-22-2011, 04:33 AM   #38

Fleetwood Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
yes , dw is not but ask me what everybody saying.just family & few freinds.
safe travles bob,linda & missy
new rver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 06:32 PM   #39

Monaco Owners Club
I'm not but the DW sure is.
Old 06-22-2011, 07:18 PM   #40

Texas Boomers Club
I resisted getting on FaceBook for many years....for some of the reasons mentioned above....

however...........I finally caved and joined and glad that I did! Yes, there are those who find it necessary to post every little detail of their life (as if I really care),

but most important of all....it has been the media in which I've reconnected with many dear friends that I've lost touch with over the course of time and distance. For that, I'm eternally grateful because I had no clue how to find them short of hiring a detective!!!

To me...it's a way to keep in touch IMMEDIATELY with family and friends near and far with important information I feel the need to share.

I've created "groups" - Texas Boomers RV Club for one! Information is passed through there like wildfire....in fact almost as many check the FaceBook Boomer page as much as they check here on iRV2.

I've done everything I know to protect myself from hackers and chances are my lines of defense will be broken through and I'll face the recupercussions if I must...........

as long as I can keep in touch with family and friends!

Sandy
National Rally Wagonmaster
Life is sweet when the TEXAS BOOMERS meet!
Madame Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 02:23 PM   #41

Love me some Face Book! Like a big happy family....well, mostly. LOL
KathyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 11:44 PM   #42

Alpine Owners Club
HI hondo122. No, I do not have a facebook account and don't want it. I'm using this thread to answer a private message. I tried IM, but that didn't work and I can't figure out any other way to respond. I belong to SMW 273 in Santa Barbara and have for over fifty years.
Bob
Bob King is offline   Reply With Quote