Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
View Poll Results: Are you on Facebook?
Yes 84 68.85%
No 38 31.15%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-03-2011, 11:29 PM   #43

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by abarkl View Post
Facebook was a fad and is fading fast!
Interesting to note. If facebook we're a country, it would be the 2nd largest nation in the world. It may be a fad, but I don't think it's fading. It's gets bigger every day.

Respectfully.
Wolfpack Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-04-2011, 07:06 PM   #44

As we go on, tech services like FaceBook are how we are going to get things done. It, fb, is only the step. Remember myspace? Or AOL? Steps up the chain. The internet is an information tool. Only, held back by imagination and bandwidth. I have friend with a regular old cellphone. When we travel he always wants me to look info up on my droid. Gas station, restaurant, campground.
dvmweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 07:28 PM   #45

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Facebook user, but not very often like to read what others post
Southernboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 08:05 PM   #46

Monaco Owners Club
I like it. You just have to avoid the religious nuts and people playing Farmville.
Lukeaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 08:38 PM   #47

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeaa View Post
I like it. You just have to avoid the religious nuts and people playing Farmville.
You and I have never meet...right...but you just nailed it My SO loves the games...BLESS her heart...PUN intented.... Peace D..

PS... Please come to the iRV2 rally I am going to need all the help I can get...
Lemon and Tucker the Pups
Dixieray53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 09:35 PM   #48

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
We both are on Facebook. Tom joined Classmates.com and was only able to connect with a very few classmates,he has found a lot on FB though. Hey I even have as a friend the first boy that asked me for a date when I was in jr. high! Its a good way for us to keep in contact with family in SC and Ms. as well as friends in other states. If I email someone through FB I get a reply quicker than if I send them an email directly! I'm in my second childhood,didn't have computers back during the first one, so its my time to play and have fun. I use to play games with grandkids in SC but they and finally I got tired of them. I don't miss the games,but miss playing long distance with the kids!
Dianne
diandtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 12:27 AM   #49

I don't trust FB, or any other social media website.
Too intrusive.
My family and friends have my email and phone #, that is good enough.

I do not post my full name on any forum either, and I don't link my Amateur Radio callsign to my forum names. The internet is just too pervasive and the demons who stalk on it have too much access to me already.
AZgl1500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 04:29 AM   #50

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to mrschwarz
I am on Facebook to see pictures of the grandkids. I go on it a couple of times a year.
Old 07-05-2011, 07:42 AM   #51

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
You don't need to put too much info on Facebook,I have the month and day I was born but not the year,I don't put my address or phone number on there and I let only friends see the pictures I post. I also DO NOT post when I'm going out of town or how long we will be gone and only have as friend people I actually know,with the exception of one IRV2 person that asked to be my friend. ;-)
diandtom is offline   Reply With Quote