Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-25-2020, 02:49 AM   #1

Are You Spending More Time On Forums Lately

Idle mind and idle hands make me dangerous! Here's a thought.

Purely curious, but since this "what shall remain nameless started" , are you finding you are spending more time on the forums and maybe getting into posts/threads you might not normally have done so before?

I was like a sponge with tons of questions in the beginning, and THANKS always to all that have helped over the years so much, but then found I got busy with life and didn't come to the forums so much for quite a long time. This year, I've realised I'm spending waaaaaay toooooooo muuuuccccch time checking them all. LOL.

What about you? What's changed in your life to lead to spending more or less time on them?
SomeDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-25-2020, 03:43 AM   #2
Community Administrator

We always knew SomeDay ( pardon the pun ) you’d be back.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 09:40 AM   #3
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
I'm definitely spending more time on IRV2! Not necessarily more posting but more looking for sure! Trying hard to stay hunkered down away from other people!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 01:47 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLIFFTALL View Post
We always knew SomeDay ( pardon the pun ) you’d be back.
Cute Cliff, very cute
Old 10-26-2020, 02:38 PM   #5

Honestly its less now... however, I know what you mean. I am a diesel head for whatever reason... I owned two 7.3 PSD's that I converted to run waste vegetable oil. Toyed with biodiesel a bit as well. I spend TONS of time on a forum, thousands of posts even, just really got into the conversion, as well as the truck. It wasnt long before I got to know the truck as well as everyone else there, and in some ways more than dealer mechanics. Over time we saved people thousands of dollars, or depressed people when they found out they wasted thousands. Many common 7.3 issues can be fixed for a couple hundred or so, but the dealer will tell you things like 'you need to spend $5k on injectors...' anyway, really got into it all, made some great connections, and missed some that have passed on.
Old 10-27-2020, 10:32 AM   #6

Same here, but we do patronize limited capacity restaurants in our area. I surf IRV2 every day just to see what good information pops up . And, for entertainment, I can always read the endless debates over (fill in your favorite topic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
I'm definitely spending more time on IRV2! Not necessarily more posting but more looking for sure! Trying hard to stay hunkered down away from other people!
2005 Safari (Monaco)Trek 28RB2, Workhorse W20, 8.1, Allison 1000 5 spd, UltraPower engine & tranny, Track bars & sway bars, KONI FSD, FMCA 190830, Safari Int'l. chapter. 1999 Safari Trek 2830, 1995 Safari Trek 2430, 1983 Winnebago Chieftain, 1976 Midas Mini
George Schweikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 04:34 AM   #7
IC2

Not really. I've actually started to limit my 'puter time and spend it in my workshop making small pieces of wood out of bigger ones as well as occasional pieces of metal. Also more time in the yard and around the house with a brush or tool in hand. I usually have a book/kindle in hand if no tool. I seldom watch TV since most is mindless drivel.
IC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 04:45 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
I go with a flow, I enjoy a daily look but once i get busy weks pass like days... lol...

RV is now setting, i want to swap AC out but my wether is going ...huning season at my place for the boys,, but If i can harness their youth for a hald\f day.. .

Not sure of projects to RV yet but I will be here.. ideas, sharing etc..
sibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 08:18 PM   #9

More time here, DW set her foot down on spending time and money on the MH. I do find myself searching the web for ideas and gadgets for the MH though. Would that be a catch-22?
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 12:24 AM   #10

Not really, though since we have no upcoming trips planned, I have been doing less destination research, and more general RV maintenance, like installing a new flat panel TV last week to replace the 12 year old flat panel a previous owner installed.
Isaac-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 01:52 AM   #11

I did for a while but then life got in the way. In this neck of the woods we have two seasons. Winter and getting ready for winter. We are ahead of schedule this year for the first time.
Once the snow flies though we will be holed up for the most part. Course the dog needs his daily walks......
Xmcdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 09:24 AM   #12

Depending on what my interest is at the time, I too "come and go" to forums.

I tinker with classic Chevies so several auto forums are visited often until my interest changes to boating/fishing then I'm on those forums and ignore the auto forums for a while.

Recently I sold my cl c RV and bought a TT so current interest are the RV sites. I gathered info on WD, modifications and upgrades and pretty much finished all the upgrades and mods on the TT so I've limited it to just reading and sometimes replying on certain threads.

Dungeness crab season is about to start so I'll be busy rigging my boat with crabbing gear and prepping crabs traps, rodes and floats. Then I'll be on fishing forums sharing crabbing reports and boating discussions.

BTW DW and I will be at the campground next to the launch ramps while crabbing and will probably be our last camping trip till next spring. So until then, the TT will be parked in the barn.
Seon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 11:37 AM   #13

Like many others we too have two seasons = "winter and construction" or as some say "winter and july" LOL. Sadly our RV has remained winterised since our return August 2019 trip across Canada and finally hitting our last province and territory of Newfoundland/Labrador, and then down into NE USA states and back on the south side of the great lakes. Those 4 months flew by, and then from Oct to Jan sick with "what shall remain nameless", and again beginning March to early May = both following flights related.

This year sure has been a doozie and we've for sure been getting our kicks (twice a day checking New Posts), out of those writing their adventures on the forum here. Thank you for sharing. The spreadsheet of places to go, things to see and what to do is growing exponentially this year for the future.

Hoping to make a concerted effort by start of next month to reduce the addiction of virtual travel, that's taken me over this year! LOL.
Old 10-29-2020, 11:56 AM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
I still have a full time career (thank God) at a large energy company so I spend very little time on any social media or forums (I don't have Facebook, Twitter, etc. accounts). I do spend a few moments each lunch hour at my desk looking at iRV2 or FMCA forums to continue my Motorhome 101 Class (which I've been in for five years!!).

When I do visit iRV2 I find myself more frequently offering comments (which I hope are useful), given what looks to me like me like a significant increase in the number of questions from new iRV2 forum members about RVs of all types and ages.

For me iRV2 and my love for RV experiences is magnitudes better than getting engrossed in social media stuff (can't write the four letter word I was thinking).

I am beginning to wonder if I will ever graduate from Motorhome 101 Class......
fagnaml is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forum