Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-16-2018, 11:41 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post

Also, there's the syndrome of being able to hide behind a keyboard & say things one wouldn't say face-to-face.
Face to face schmace, LOL........I've approached an Rver at the pump several times with "nice rig", "boy, that's a lot to fill one up huh?" etc. and gotten shrugs and grunts and sat recently in a waiting area at Cummins for over an hour with the other party not bothering to ask me the same types of things I attempted to speak to him about and his wife didn't bother to speak to me at all.
Thinking I may only be able to bring myself to not speak unless spoken to when I get out there on the road myself.
And that's the pretty dang sad way of the world all around.
6x16inside is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-16-2018, 11:58 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6x16inside View Post
Face to face schmace, LOL........I've approached an Rver at the pump several times with "nice rig", "boy, that's a lot to fill one up huh?" etc. and gotten shrugs and grunts and sat recently in a waiting area at Cummins for over an hour with the other party not bothering to ask me the same types of things I attempted to speak to him about and his wife didn't bother to speak to me at all.
Heh... Good post 6x16. You got it right!

When it comes to striking up idle conversations in a face-to-face encounter I only talk to "old people"
They either ignore me completely, or start telling me their entire life story.
I figure its a win-win that way.
-Ej-
Electrojake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 04:34 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6x16inside View Post
Thinking I may only be able to bring myself to not speak unless spoken to when I get out there on the road myself.
And that's the pretty dang sad way of the world all around.
On this past Sunday amidst an ice storm with rain and sleet my wife and I decided to go walk around Camping World to check out their SPRING sale, there was another couple in the store and as we were next to them looking at chairs I commented how we should be out campi g not in CW wishing we were camping they both looked at me like I had two heads didn't say a word walked around the corner wife whispered to me saying boy are they miserable....Sign of the times I guess.
Briandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 04:59 AM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Oregon View Post
as long as you don't post about Gas Units, Towables, Diesel Pushers, generators, solar, fuel consumption, DEF, slides, repairs, unit ages, campgrounds, politics or religion, I think your topic will be just fine.

JT , you forgot Tires !
Old 04-17-2018, 05:13 AM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
And my personal favorite, threads about being polite or doing the right thing often go way, way, way south in a relatively short time.

Yep, I've noticed it too. Often you know it's coming just by the topic of the thread. Some threads I simply avoid so as to not have to deal with it. Others, if it's a topic I'm interested in, I'll scan the first line or two of each message to see where that person is going. If they, in MY opinion, are adding to the thread then I'll slow down and really read their message. Otherwise I move on to the next message in the thread. That way I don't have to wallow in the vitriol quite so much and I still get the nuggets of real information, or humor, or whatever.
Old 04-17-2018, 05:17 AM   #20

Ford Super Duty Owner
Russian Collusion is interfering with the forum..
Waiter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 05:52 AM   #21
Community Administrator

I couldn’t have stated this better. Thanks Skip

We rely to a large extent on our members to assist us by reporting any post that they feel needs to be attended to for rule violations.
It may appear that a lot of threads here are argumentative however it’s only a minor fraction considering the number of the threads that are posted here daily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip426 View Post
If you feel that a thread has lost it's purpose and gone on beyond the topic , please report it using the " RED framed exclamation point " in the lower left of the post's box and the forum administrators will look into any infractions and deal with it.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 05:55 AM   #22
Community Administrator

This topic is relating to threads. Let’s refrain from stories that don’t pertain to this.
Thanks.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 06:07 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Oregon View Post
as long as you don't post about Gas Units, Towables, Diesel Pushers, generators, solar, fuel consumption, DEF, slides, repairs, unit ages, campgrounds, politics or religion, I think your topic will be just fine.

You forgot rude people idling their DP. Gawd, what's wrong with you???? (j/k)
69Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 06:21 AM   #24

When our kids were small I used to tell them that if they were sitting on a nail, to quit complaining and GET OFF THE NAIL!!
Constructive criticism is fine. Destructive criticism or "slamming" someone does no one good.
Nice thing about the internet is if you don't like the subject or the poster, all one has to do is go to some other topic.
NITEHAWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 06:50 AM   #25

Anonymity of the Internet is partly to blame for the abuse as Lori commented on.

I try to glean the beneficial intent of the poster and ignore any perceived, or intentional meanness on their part.

I don't know the circumstances he/she is in. He may have just had a black hose burst or something and are just having a frustrating day!
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 07:07 AM   #26

I've been on this and other forums now for 6 years. This is nothing new. It's been going on ever since I started. I was slammed one time for posting about what I thought was a humorous account of a situation we were in from one of our trips. At that point I decided I don't need it - no more. I like the word games and play them daily. I'll post on other threads occasionally, but it's rare. There are lots of times I feel like posting a helpful comment and will erase what I began to post.....not worth the hassle to me. I'll just mostly lurk.
Old 04-17-2018, 07:34 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfowler55 View Post
I'm fairly new here and not on other forums so I don't have anything for comparison but have felt the same. What bothers me more are the mean spirited comments.
You might need to recalibrate your sensitivity level a bit. Disagreement is not mean spirited. Things like "you scrambled your brains instead of your eggs" is mean but won't make it through these forums as a comment about somebody because that is a direct personal attack and mean spirited. The moderators here are very sensitive about personal attacks. I might be pushing the line with my first sentence.
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 07:38 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim18655 View Post
Add electrical to that list!
Add extended warranties to the list.

I especially like the ones where someone simply asks how to do something he wants to do but someone always starts by telling him he doesn't want to do that.

2016 Newmar Bay Star Sport 3004
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport Willys
wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote