Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-17-2018, 07:45 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briandi View Post
On this past Sunday amidst an ice storm with rain and sleet my wife and I decided to go walk around Camping World to check out their SPRING sale, there was another couple in the store and as we were next to them looking at chairs I commented how we should be out campi g not in CW wishing we were camping they both looked at me like I had two heads didn't say a word walked around the corner wife whispered to me saying boy are they miserable....Sign of the times I guess.
some people are just poorly socialized .... elevator ride just look at the floor
CF-104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-17-2018, 07:55 AM   #30

yep

Yep just mention the Andersen hitch for one. YO-YO`s start bad mouthing right off the batt and they have no experience with one but continue to explain why it`s no good. But always fail to explain why their wonder hitch type has destroyed 1000`s of truck beds and campers and will continue to do so.
Like the fellow above I`m getting sick of the "I know all and you don`t people" and "this is the only way it should be done cause I`ve been camping for the last 60 years" type of people and they tend to be the ones that post the most on any given subject.
What I have noticed is it is the older types with all the dominate altitudes and the younger new to the camper world types aren't afraid to tell them to buzz off. I try not to post much anymore on this and other forum boards just to many [moderator edit], not all of course and you can still pick up useful information from time to time but I`ll just lurk for the most part from now on.
BSHGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 09:09 AM   #31

C'mon guys... This is still the best, most awesome and helpful RV forum out there..

Are there a few grumpy apples out there.. probably.. but at the end of the day, I'd have to agree with Cliff on this one.. if you look at the volume of posts/threads on this forum, the grumpy/argumentative posts are extremely small..

Let's look for the positive, not the negative !!
oakcreekeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 12:34 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakcreekeric View Post
C'mon guys... This is still the best, most awesome and helpful RV forum out there..

Are there a few grumpy apples out there.. probably.. but at the end of the day, I'd have to agree with Cliff on this one.. if you look at the volume of posts/threads on this forum, the grumpy/argumentative posts are extremely small..

Speaking of which. . . http://www.irv2.com/forums/f62/keepi...il-387440.html
Electrojake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 10:34 AM   #33

Guns. You forgot guns.

I guess I kind of understand about forums where you try and keep the conversation on topic.

Thought if we did the same thing we did on forums in real face to face conversations, it would be very interesting.

Imagine having dinner with friends and someone strikes up a conversation about beer. Talk goes on for a few minutes discussing different beers, places to drink beer, caned versus bottle versus draft beer and then the conversation switches to pizza. Imagine if someone spoke up and said "Stop. Stay on topic.". Was just thinking about how this would work out.

Talking about guns, anybody .....
Old 04-19-2018, 10:38 AM   #34
Community Administrator

You don’t have to be too concerned about threads discussing guns. Our Community Rules limit what type of discussions re guns are permitted. Any threads outside of these limits are closed / removed.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 10:41 AM   #35

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
can anyone tell me what type of oil to use on my tires to keep my black holding tank spotless? Asking for a friend!
WeatherTodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 10:48 AM   #36

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmw188 View Post
Has anyone one else noticed more lately than ever how some of these threads have become so argumentative and the OP’s topic gets lost?
People quote actual published info from the tire companies and magazine articles then people argue that you're wrong because the 19 yr old tire guy at Wal*Mart said differently.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 11:00 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
People quote actual published info from the tire companies and magazine articles then people argue that you're wrong because the 19 yr old tire guy at Wal*Mart said differently.
Wal-Mart sells more tires than anyone else in the world, so yes I would trust what the 19 year old that works at Wal-Mart says.

Note: I made up the stat "Wal-Mart sells more tires than anyone else in the world" so it must be true.
Old 04-19-2018, 11:15 AM   #38

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by oakcreekeric View Post

This forum is great - by far the most useful and well moderated forum I have ever had the pleasure to participate in (and the only one I ever found to be worth supporting). I agree with the previous post about having to adjust your sensitivity a bit and not let the trolls get to you. Just move on to the next post, or if you don't like it, don't read it.

Here is my favorite response to this subject, the famous and timeless Monty Python Argument Clinic Sketch!

And finally, as Bill & Ted said, "Be excellent to each other, and party on dudes!"
PackerPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 07:49 AM   #39

I'm not sure that the argumentative theme is really that new. A few years ago I started a thread that asked a question. The question was related to Social Security where I asked if people would be wiling to take a cut in their Social Security to help the system to survive. WOW! You would have thought that I insulted motherhood, apple pie, and the flag. I didn't express an opinion, I simply asked a question. I guess it hit a nerve.

I'll frequently try to be helpful on the subject of Montana LLC's because I work with taxes and I've done a fair amount of research on the subject. Again, many people have very thin skins when that subject comes up. It just seems to depend on whether or not you hit someone's hot button. Some folks just seem to have more hot buttons than most.
Old 04-23-2018, 08:03 AM   #40

In a situation where I may seem to become argumentative at any time, here or otherwise, it's actually fairly simple; if I would agree with you, then we'd both be wrong!
Betr2Trvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 08:08 AM   #41

Winnebago Owners Club
Here’s my $.02 ....

Our society in general has shifted toward a position which many individuals hold opinions and beliefs more like truths or facts.

Sadly, media contributes to this shift by treating their reporting more like everything is black and white, much like a football rivalry. Politicians, of course, see opportunity for votes and push the same agenda. Many issues have taken on the air of “sacred!”

In reality, opinions and beliefs, are just that. In a truly free society, you get to have different opinions and beliefs. Those who are offended at that should quit drinking the koolaid and realize this is the USA, not LaLaLand.

SeeTheUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 08:18 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeTheUSA View Post
Here’s my $.02 ....

In reality, opinions and beliefs, are just that. In a truly free society, you get to have different opinions and beliefs. Those who are offended at that should quit drinking the koolaid and realize this is the USA, not LaLa.

Agreed, but there are ways to respectfully disagree. That is what is missing....respect and "conversation" skills.