Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-28-2011, 01:00 PM   #1
bnb1313@aol.com

Monaco Owners Club
Assisted Living RV Park.

Has anyone checked on this as a viable option when you can't travel in your RV any longer?
Happy End of the Road for RVers: Assisted Living on Wheels | AOL Real Estate
BigSkyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-28-2011, 02:02 PM   #2

iRV2 No Limits Club
For me, there are two things wrong with it: it's in Texas (I lived in Texas for four years; that was the longest decade of my life) and it's affiliated with Escapees.
LadyFitz... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 02:12 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
OK, help me out here, LadyFitz. What do you find objectionable about Escapees? This is the first time I have heard about them and was favorably impressed by the website and links associated with it. The option of getting less expensive RV park rates is attractive.

ed
eieioh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 02:17 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Location: Back in Philly for the fall heading to Sunshine before the snow flies
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFitz... View Post
For me, there are two things wrong with it: it's in Texas (I lived in Texas for four years; that was the longest decade of my life) and it's affiliated with Escapees.
I can understand that you do not like Texas for whatever reason, but what's up with the Escapees?
hondo122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 02:33 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondo122 View Post
, but what's up with the Escapees?
To answer your question:
Join their web site; then you will know.
There are many reasons; join and form your own opinion.

#1 reason never, never, never, disagree with an Escapee.
melvonnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 02:39 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by melvonnar View Post
To answer your question:
Do you mean join the Escapees forum? If so, I think I know what you're getting at. Just my opinion but it does seem like many members are, maybe a little "opinionated and set in their ways".

Having said that, we've been using Escapees services for three years now and have been very happy with what they have to offer.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 03:21 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
I would agree with Rick. Escapees the organization is nothing like the Escapees forum. We are members, and use them for mail service. Their mail service staff are very helpful. We've only ever stayed in the Rainbow's End park once, and just for a couple days. No idea what their assisted living situation is like.

joe
Old 10-28-2011, 03:48 PM   #8

Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Send a message via AIM to Shellback1
three meals a day, every day

They are taking meals on wheels to the extreme.
Shellback1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 06:18 PM   #9

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by melvonnar View Post
To answer your question:

#1 reason never, never, never, disagree with an Escapee.
Exactly. Although many people claim otherwise, the Escapees' forum represents the organization as a whole. If the organization doesn't want to be judged by the regulars on their forums, then they need to clean it up. The dominant clique treats outsiders like the stuff that makes lawns green.
LadyFitz... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 10:13 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

We spent about a month at Rainbow's End while "becoming Texans" when we started full time. We got a site back in the trees which is near their "assisted living" area. With three dogs we were constantly walking around the area and FWIW we got a very good feeling about the service from those we stopped and talked with and from what we saw.

I suppose those who want to judge the entire organization by the behavior of those on their forum are free to do so and that may well be an accurate judgement but we didn't get that sense after living there for a month.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 04:30 AM   #11
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
I found the Escapees to be the best RV club there is. They have done more for RVers and especially fulltimers than any other organization.

Their CARE facility is the only one of it's kind.

However, like any other group of people, you get a cross section of the population. I've encountered some unpleasant folks, but as a whole, Escapees can't be beat.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 06:07 AM   #12
paz

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickO View Post
Do you mean join the Escapees forum? If so, I think I know what you're getting at. Just my opinion but it does seem like many members are, maybe a little "opinionated and set in their ways"...

Rick
I'm glad no one on this forum is like that.
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 07:13 AM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
The Escapee's organization monitors and opposes any legislation deemed detrimental to RV'ers. They were instrumental in opposing and reversing several city ordinances banning overnight parking at Walmart.
RJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 07:40 AM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Interesting discussion regarding Escapees "organization", vs., Escapees "forum." Never realized this before, but there is indeed a marked disparity between the two entities. We too have favorable feelings about the organizational initiatives and services, but early on in our full time RV'ing life, we were rather summarily rolled over and put in "our place" by the prevalent controlling forum clique (still there) and ever since have had a rather sour feeling about the whole Escapees Club.

Your discussion here has helped greatly in resolving a rather negative over riding attitude about the Escapees "organization" when, as you've pointed out, it only stemmed from a distinctly sour experience encountered on the Escapee forum.

I guess you are NEVER to old to learn. Thanks guys. This is why we're big supporters if the iRV2 Discussion Forum. You actually CAN discuss things !!

Steve & Lynette