Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-24-2018, 07:17 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
Which is worse, people who don't use turn signals or those that drive down the freeway with their left signal on from their merge 3 miles back?

Lori-
That's called "training to be a Florida driver"

How about those that run around with no headlights on after dark? You would have thought that would be mandated as an automatic function by now. I know GM vehicle have had that function for at least a decade.
aether_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-24-2018, 09:24 PM   #16

Just make a small welcome mat. Place it on your steering wheel before you get out of the car, so that you can read it next time you get in.
"WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF SUBSTANDARD DRIVERS"
Cloud Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 08:46 AM   #17

I have several little sayings about other drivers and their lazy, only car on the road/in the parking lot habits, my most common comment that DW likes is "do you always drive like an idiot or just when you are behind the wheel", my next common comment is "push the little skinny pedal on the right, it will go"
Rhino Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 08:57 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCollins View Post
What?!?!? Turn signals aren't optional equipment? I thought for sure that people who don't use them just never ordered them!
Standard equipment yes. However, I agree that today their use apparently is optional.
Old 01-27-2018, 02:33 PM   #19

Jayco Owners Club
Some of us just don't want to waste the blinker fluid.
DonavonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 02:54 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinboat View Post
Don't get me started on brake lights. To many drivers ride with the foot on the pedal and you don't know if they are slowing or not.

In the north east, you don't use signals. The second you do, they cut in so you can't move over. You have to do a football fake to get anywhere.
Yes your right. Wife and I have made some trips from home to MA and I learned to use my signal after and not before I changed lanes.
Old 01-27-2018, 04:16 PM   #21

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinboat View Post
In the north east, you don't use signals. The second you do, they cut in so you can't move over. You have to do a football fake to get anywhere.
That and drivers who refuse to accellerate on the on ramp before merging into traffic are two of my biggest pet peeves.
Old 01-27-2018, 09:42 PM   #22

Well Gang, OP here.
As many of you have made comments about how people act behind the wheel, lack of using turn signals is but one of the many infractions that happen in our daily driving lives. I've said it many times, there are many drivers out there that lack three important, characteristics. Common sense, common decency and common courtesy are just some things that most of us practice on an hourly, daily, weekly, monthly and life long time frame. All of those apply to just about everything we do and or say.

But, as we have all seen, many times, there are drivers out there that lack all three. There is absolutely NOTHING that anyone can do about it. It is what it is. Everyone be safe out there and, have fun in the RV world.
Scott
Me, Karla and the Heidi character, (mini Schnauzer)!
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 05:53 PM   #23

Freightliner Owners Club
Enjoyed a reply in the Pensacola paper- A driver who recently moved
to Florida was complaining about the local drivers, following too close, wandering between lanes, inattention etc and ended with " You can easily recognize me, I'm the one that scares the hell out of everyone by using my turn signals"
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 11:13 AM   #24

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I remember when turn signals started to appear on cars, people would signal every move with that wonderful device. One day the family was out for a drive and we were following a guy in his new 49 Ford. He was so proud of his new turn signals that he signaled for every change of direction. Whenever he came to a curve in the Hwy he would hit the turn signal as he approached it. We all got a laugh out of that.

Glenn
Old 02-19-2018, 10:37 AM   #25

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsheetz View Post
I lived in new Orleans for 20 years. Turn signals are seldom used there. I think for two primary reasons. 1) blinky flashing light confuses many drivers there - while looking at it and trying to figure out what it is - other accidents are caused... 2) for those drivers who know what it is, gives them advance notice of where you are going - they can then more readily cut you off.
I lived in N.O. for a couple of years in the late 90's. When I moved there and was at the State Farm office getting insurance for my vehicles, the lady told us "Don't show intent by giving your turn signal, they'll just cut you off". This was the last office I expected to hear that kind of comment!

Of all the places I've lived, N.O. had by far the worse drivers. But what can you expect from a town that, in order to make a left turn, you have to go by the intersection, make a u-turn, then a right. They also managed to put a jog in the narrow Huey P. Long Bridge over the Mississippi.

If you want to see a N.O. resident get flustered, talk to them in terms of direction (north, south, east, west). Everything there is lakeside, or riverside, instead. Guess that's why they call it the Crescent City.

OK, enough fun with N.O. Met a lot of truly wonderful people there, but their ways of doing things are pretty unique (he said politely).

Tags
install