Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-26-2013, 11:15 AM   #1

Beer Lovers-Come On In

It's fall and I was curious what types of beers our community likes to indulge in during the colder seasons. There is a pumpkin beer called Pumking that is made in WNY (Southern Tier Breweries-Lakewood, NY) that is the gold standard for pumpkin type beers. What other types do you enjoy? What say you?
Whatnobeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-26-2013, 11:53 AM   #2

I like a hoppy type ale... like a scottish ale, But an English Brown Ale.... or a hopped up IPA can substitute. Here is the link to one of the local watering holes that have my vote ... they make a watermelon beer that is a nice summer drink. Apocalypse Brew Works | Drink Beer Til The End©

I also endeavor to do the home brew thing.... nothing like the bragging rights over a nicely done batch. I would like to do the keg thing but I brew only two gallon batches in my little Mr Beer Brew kit and do not sip at the brew at a rate that deserves big batches.
Gocoffeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:06 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I like the Belgiums, the Brits and the Irish. But my standby for any time, any season, any where is a frosty salted mug, a squeeze of lime and Tecate. I don't go in for winter wheat - October pumpkin etc etc. And don't get me started on citrus beer - New Belgium tires or moons of any size or color. No offense to anyone with a love for those - they just don't work for me.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:26 PM   #4

Hello!!

I've been lurking here for a while. I haven't had anything to say yet as I've been absorbing as much information as I can.

But as for beer, I've been researching this for years :-D

I really like the Sam Adams October fest for store bought beer, but homebrewing is a blast! I play the mad scientist...and make 10 gallon batches.

For some reason my friends schedules open up when I have a beer ready. ;-)

David
racerdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:31 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
^^^ racerdave - to the group and Cheers! Funny thing - my friends schedule seems to open up the second I get home with beer. Any beer. Lol. I think they have the guy at the beer store text them when I leave.

Again - welcome!!
RVM2 -- Steve and Annie
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:58 PM   #6

Beer sales are declining from big breweries; however micro-breweries are on the rise as are sales from them. Seems like there is a switch from quantity to quality happening.
Sadly, I had to retire my home-brewing equipment when I was diagnosed with diabetes.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 01:14 PM   #7

Sorry to hear that Ray. I bought a fixerupper RV. Turns out it's more of a fixer than an upper right now. I hardly have time to brew coffee. ..
Old 08-26-2013, 01:25 PM   #8

RAY... you do not have to retire from home brewing ...simply add to your pals list. Find a group willing to work for beer. Hand out scrub brushes and point towards your rig.... then hand out the wax and get them started again.
Old 08-26-2013, 01:38 PM   #9

Racer... Sam Adam's has some wonderful beers. I love the fact that they have a brew recipe contest each year and feature the winning formula as one of their specialty brews. I have selected some of the beers sold locally and small brewers like Boston Brewing as favotites when I am starving for a beer and just want a bottle.

Great Lakes Brewing Edmund Fitzgerald.
Four Peaks Brewing Kilt Lifter Scottish Ale.
Three Floyds Brewing Robert the Bruce Scottish Ale
Sam Adams Latitude 48 IPA
Brooklyn Brewing Pennant 55
Magic Hat #9

Here in Louisville KY and I am sure in other places...we get a great variety of beer samples in the wine beer and liquor stores.... so you can buy just a single bottle and try the beer to see if you like it. Then there are the beer tasting events.....where you go around with a 4 OZ mug and try as many as you like. Some of the dark brews have my fancy too.
Old 08-26-2013, 03:05 PM   #10

We can buy singles here too. I think they have tastings at the liquor stores. We have a beer snobs club that has a monthly meeting to taste beers from everywhere. Some really good, and some are not so good. Others I like are:
Boulevard unfiltered wheat
Boulevard porter
Sante fe state pen porter
Green flash double stout
Old 08-26-2013, 03:10 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

I'm a purist; Bocks are my favorite. (Texans will recognize Shiner Bock...my absolute first choice.) Currently sipping a ZiegenBock amber but will never turn down a Corona. When my hubby and I order drinks when we're out, he always orders a margarita and I order a beer. The servers will get them reversed every time without fail.

And stout...ick. Do not want.
Old 08-26-2013, 03:16 PM   #12

Freightliner Owners Club
I have a few favorites
Atwater's Vanilla Java Potter
New Holland's Dragons Milk
I also like the Craft packs from Sam Adams, Lienies and Yuengling's Black and Tan
when we travel we will go to the local liquor store and see what they have in local micro brews.
also check out the documentary called Beer Wars it came out in 2009.
have never had any "home" brew but do enjoy the micro breweries
SMRDNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 03:46 PM   #13

Michelob Amber Bock, Dos Equis, Yuengling Amber, Guinness, Killians Red, Any Porter. You get the idea. No IPA, no "lite", Not hoppy.
Old 08-26-2013, 03:55 PM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I like Yuengling Black & Tan and Sam Adams Cherry Wheat. Works for me.
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote