Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-21-2007, 03:49 AM   #1

Before we go down in flames we should at least voice our opinions.

For what it's worth. Before we go down in flames we should at least voice our opinions.

HERE IS WHERE YOU LOOK TO VOICE YOUR OPINION ON AMNESTY

FIND YOUR SENATORS AND CALL (DON'T EMAIL) THEM:

http://www.senate.gov/general/contac...nators_cfm.cfm

FIND YOUR CONGRESSMAN HERE AND CALL (DON'T EMAIL) HIM/HER:

http://www.house.gov/

If anyone accuses you of not having read the bill, let them know that no one has read the freaking bill; that it's being pushed through in a dishonest fashion, not allowing any time for people to read it.

Correct me if I'm wrong but they may be trying to ramrod this through on Monday..?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Whenever the people are well informed, they can be trusted with there Own government; that whenever things get so far wrong as to attract Their notice, they may be relied on to set them to rights."

--Thomas Jefferson
Jayco1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-21-2007, 03:49 AM   #2

Before we go down in flames we should at least voice our opinions.

For what it's worth. Before we go down in flames we should at least voice our opinions.

HERE IS WHERE YOU LOOK TO VOICE YOUR OPINION ON AMNESTY

FIND YOUR SENATORS AND CALL (DON'T EMAIL) THEM:

http://www.senate.gov/general/contac...nators_cfm.cfm

FIND YOUR CONGRESSMAN HERE AND CALL (DON'T EMAIL) HIM/HER:

http://www.house.gov/

If anyone accuses you of not having read the bill, let them know that no one has read the freaking bill; that it's being pushed through in a dishonest fashion, not allowing any time for people to read it.

Correct me if I'm wrong but they may be trying to ramrod this through on Monday..?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Whenever the people are well informed, they can be trusted with there Own government; that whenever things get so far wrong as to attract Their notice, they may be relied on to set them to rights."

--Thomas Jefferson
Jayco1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 07:15 AM   #3
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Whomever is perceived as the one behind this is looking at 12 million new votes, and so is their party.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 05:13 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
I'm all for immigrants to want to come to this country. They must, however, go through the the proper channels first.

I have already written letters to my representatives.

I voiced this same identical opinion on another board and was immediately denounced as a "hater". Made me mad as ****!!!

Sold: 2007 Holiday Rambler Ambassador 40' diesel Motor Coach
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 01:25 AM   #5

When you cannot debate the facts of your convictions you label those that oppose you as haters, etc.
Old 05-22-2007, 04:18 AM   #6

Texas Boomers Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gordon:
I'm all for immigrants to want to come to this country. They must, however, go through the the proper channels first.

I have already written letters to my representatives.

I voiced this same identical opinion on another board and was immediately denounced as a "hater". Made me mad as ****!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It makes me wonder how we can be a "nation of laws, not of men" when the law is blatantly ignored....

Rusty
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 04:29 AM   #7
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">It makes me wonder how we can be a "nation of laws, not of men" when the law is blatantly ignored.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It seems we have become a nation of "politics".

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 10:33 AM   #8

All this bill will do is open a flood gate, The US has nothing in place to properly administer legal access to this country, amnesty for the current 12 million that are here is also disrespect for the ones that came here legally, and once they are legal every aunt, uncle and cousin will follow.

debbiejohntaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 01:10 PM   #9

I am very torn on the illegal issue. It is easy to see both sides of the amnesty issue.

I, personally, do not like the fact that there are so many, illegals in this country, and would have no problem with closing our borders. Other countries severely limit immigration and so could we. But it isn't that simple.

Since we spend most of our time in either Arizona or California, we are surrounded by a very large Hispanic population, most of whom are citizens, but many of whom are illegals. And many "legals" chose not to learn English (which is a whole other topic).

Then I look around and wonder what would happen to all the businesses that employ them, if they were not here to work. I would like to think that there are citizens standing in line to take their place, but I rather doubt that would happen. I would be happy to boycot businesses that employ illegals. But how can we tell who is legal and who is not? Every restaurant from fast food to five-star, employs Hispanics, many of whom speak no English. Are they all legal? Who knows! And every yard service has 4 or 5 Hispanics wandering around with power blowers. I'd be happy just to find one who understands enough English so I can tell him that I don't want the debris blown onto my patio! Are they all legal? I doubt it very much. Then let's look at all the farm workers in California.. where would our food production be without the illegals?

Sadly, our economy is very dependent on cheap illegal workers. The entire situation has been out of control for decades and can't be fixed without problems... no matter how it is handled.

Just my two-cents...

Our homes on the road
JudyandJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 01:22 PM   #10

JudayandJim, excellent post I don't think I could have said it any better.

debbiejohntaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 01:52 PM   #11

Thanks! I debated with myself as to whether to post or not... Didn't want to upset anyone, but living in the SW gives one a different view of the situation... good and bad.... Judy

Our homes on the road
JudyandJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 03:29 PM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Route 66:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">It makes me wonder how we can be a "nation of laws, not of men" when the law is blatantly ignored.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It seems we have become a nation of "politics". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not "POLITICS" but a Nation of Political Correctness.....

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 04:00 PM   #13

Mid Atlantic Campers
Easy enough, if they don't speak english , shoot them. Problem solved very quickly.
BUT, i guess then I would be a hater, and deffinetly "politicaly incorrect" people get it in your heads, we will soon be at war in this country trying to keep our own heritage and culture, while the washington politicians continue getting re elected. The whole system stinks

2007 National RV Pacifica 36'
Jestme13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 06:21 PM   #14

Workhorse Chassis Owner
In 1986 3 million illegals got amnesty. The government still has not figured out how to handle that paperwork. Now throw another 12-20 million into the mix and things really spin out of control.

Could I see a show of hands of all those who think the govt. has figured this out already?

Then there is the small problem of who will pay for them. In California alone they cost the taxpayers around 9 Billion a year for schools, health care and welfare for all of their children who are "citizens" but don't speak English.

There was a representative from the Heritage Foundation on TV testifying before Congress recently about the cost of all of this and he put the price at, I believe I'm correct, $238 Trillion dollars. Wrap your heads around that without getting a headache. That includes over $1,000,000 per family over and above what meager amount they pay in taxes over a period of about 20-30 years.

And that's before the next floodgate opens.

1986, 3,000,000
2007, 12-20,000,000

You can probably quadruple that number again for the next amnesty when it come, as it surely will.

Most of these people are poor and uneducated and they are now, and will become in the future an even bigger drain on our resources. And it only gets worse.

Imagine, if you will, that I break into your home and demand that you feed, clothe, and educate me and also pay for my healthcare. Never mind that I just broke into YOUR home and I am demanding all of these things. The last time I looked it is a crime to break into someones home, probably a felony except in the case of breaking into this country which is only a misdemeanor.

OK, I've been leeching off of your family for several months so I invite the rest of my family, there's only four of them, to come and live with me in your home. Not a bad deal for me, is it?

How long would you be willing to put up with something like that? That is what is happening right now for those of you who are still wearing those rose colored glasses.

Either we stop it now or we go down in flames. Which way do you want it?

And just think, we haven't even started to talk about the gangbangers and other criminals who will get in the back door.
skipsor is offline   Reply With Quote