Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-29-2018, 01:32 PM   #43

I asked about Kayaks the other day.

I used to have an 18 foot two tube tune with a 60 hp bigfoot merc. It would pull an experienced skier and it would whip them around pretty well on a turn although it would take a bit to recover from a fast turn. it would pull a tube much better. I think a tritoon will be so much better especially with the 115. If your getting it already it certainly won't hurt to try it.
charliez is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-04-2018, 01:19 PM   #44

Triple E Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmw188 View Post
I don't mean to sound rude but really? I have been a boater all my life until 2 yrs ago. There is no similarity between a RV and your question at all. I could give you my opinion on your question but I don't think we should take this post down this road.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
I really can't believe you said that!
Perhaps it was a weak moment in time for you?
Ted Lambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 03:24 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
We're hosting at a lake currently and noticed over the past few years that skiing is going out of style. Surfing behind a boat is the popular thing now. Larger boats going slow throwing up huge wakes with a surfer following along behind. I tryed it a few years back, much less physical demand on body but does take agility.

Your right, one of my buddies just payed $185k for a wake boarding boat just about as dumb paying that and more for RV’S. LOL
Old 06-04-2018, 03:48 PM   #46

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
Though not a boater I have to agree with the First Responder. I'd not be able to tell but I would ask other boaters. I am 100% sure there is a forum family somewhere for boaters.

About the only Crossover I know of betwen RV's and Boats is in my doghouse. The Chevy Vortec 8.1L comes in a land based version (around 320 HP give or take a bit depending on the specifics) and a MARINE version (Same identical enging, different comptuer. MUCH bigger radiator (AKA lake or river) 500 HP.
There is a much bigger cross over, they both eat up our money. The old saying that a boat is a hole in the water you throw money into, I feel the same about both my RVs at times and if it doesn’t stop in the next 20 years I’m selling one of them
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 03:52 PM   #47

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Lambert View Post
I really can't believe you said that!
Perhaps it was a weak moment in time for you?
He apologized a few posts back, just a simple misinterpretation on his part.
Old 06-04-2018, 03:53 PM   #48

Fleetwood Owners Club
It appears some posters are not aware that they are in the "Just Conversation" forum in IRV2. Before you criticize others for posting about their post you should know your in an area where most anything goes.
Old 06-04-2018, 04:07 PM   #49

Gulf Streamers Club
The forum is called iRV2. RV stands for 'recreational vehicle.' Definition of recreational is an adjective "meaning relating to or denoting activity done for enjoyment when one is not working." I'd think a recreational vehicle could be a trailer, camper, motorhome, or a boat, canoe, kayak, or cruiser. It could also be an airplane, a glider, etc. Relax, you might learn something.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 04:13 PM   #50

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
I need to apologize joe11 at the time I posted the above statement I didn't realize it was in the "Just Conversation " forum. I thought it was just a boater asking that question on a RV Forum. When using an iPad you can go to recent activity and it shows all recent posts whether on going or new, if you don't look closely at were it originated from you don't know and that is what I did and I apologize.
Todd
This is from post #32, he apologized, original post was not great I agree but he at least manned up and apologized, you have to admit we don’t see that to often here. Quite often someone will drive drop a snide comment and are never heard from again.
Old 06-05-2018, 01:09 AM   #51

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/winne...125300312.html

This ties RVs and boats together
Old 06-05-2018, 02:00 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe11 View Post
I figure RV guys are not that far away from boat guys so..... I am looking at getting a tritoon (pontoon) boat. There is a 22’ tritoon for sale that appears to be a decent boat at a reasonable price and it has a 115hp outboard on it. Will a 115hp outboard on a 22’ tritoon pull a skier very well?

Thx
How large is the skier? How many people on the pontoon boat? Stock prop? I'm guessing if you can get an adult skier out of the water and the boat on plane, you'd be lucky to be going 20 mph and throwing a wake the Queen Mary would be proud of. You'd be much happier with a matched pair of outboards in the 115 -125 hp range.
tizzyfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 07:17 AM   #53

Triple E Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
I need to apologize joe11 at the time I posted the above statement I didn't realize it was in the "Just Conversation " forum. I thought it was just a boater asking that question on a RV Forum. When using an iPad you can go to recent activity and it shows all recent posts whether on going or new, if you don't look closely at were it originated from you don't know and that is what I did and I apologize.
Todd
Hey Todd
I have made mistakes too! More so on my I phone.
Ted Lambert is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
engine