Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-06-2011, 10:45 AM   #15

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Small cars in the Bus/RV slots is one issue. Semi Tractors in the RV only spots or other Professional drivers at Flyin-J

You said "What, can't they read"

Well, Detroit, MI is supposed to be 47 percent illiterate, So that is one possible answer.

Another is they just don't five a ____!(sounds like the name of a large structure which impeeds the flow of water in a river, May be made by natural incident, man or Beavers)

In short, Common courtesy, is not as common as it used to be.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-06-2011, 05:44 PM   #16
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
We like Cracker Barrel, but I'd never count on finding an RV space we'd fit in. Even without clueless patrons blocking them, I find they're usually too small for anything bigger than a class B or small C. The spaces at the one in Madison are not only too small, but too close to the building and at an angle that would make it impossible for anything over about 25 feet long to get out of if there were vehicles on either side. That's not even considering that to get to many you have to wander through who knows how many intersections and a highly developed area. They're built to be visable from the freeway, but not always for easy access.
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 07:46 PM   #17
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Some people do no ever have a clue. I would have parked blocking an aisle, gone inside and ask that they announce for the owners of the vehicles to please move them from the RV designated parking or they would be towed. The business is as much to blame as the idiots that parked there.

Last year we could not get to the RV pumps at a station due to 2 cars parked there, no hose in the tank and no owners to be found. I circled around and got the truck close enough to a diesel pump that I could fuel it. We got some dirty looks, and I replied that I could not get to the RV pumps due to an inconsiderate clod blocking access with his car. All they said was "Oh, really."

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 12:20 AM   #18

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralper View Post
IMHO Cracker Barrel is not worth stopping at any way. The food is barely adequet and the service leaves much to be desired. To top it all off the parking lots are too tight.
Sounds like you have eaten at the CB in Shreveport. That place is awful . Most are pretty good. I agree, some (a small minority) are not up to standard in food quality or service. I generally park across all the car spots on the back fence line. My rig won't fit in the RV spots either, even if you didn't have the aforementioned types of vehicles in them.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 10:27 PM   #19

There used to be a yearly list somewhere of all the best places for RVR's to go to. CB used to be the #1 pick for restaurant by RVR's. Have not seen the list anywhere lately. I love the food but the parking is a hassle. I would like to.... well never mind. But I would!!
lonewolfmq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 10:03 AM   #20

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I still go to CB a couple times a year and so far I've never had a problem parking the house, Even overnight.

My next trip there may be the 15th of this month but more likely will be July 3.

Of course the fact I eat there sort of for free helps.

(I get points for taking on line surveys, Those points cn then be redemmed for stuff, including 10 or most recently a 25 dollar CB card.. 25 bucks, is dinner for 2 with a generous tip the way wife and I eat. IN fact 20 would do it so I may have to buy something )
Old 06-09-2011, 12:24 PM   #21
SRT

Monaco Owners Club
These are the same people that cannot push their shopping cart 25 ft to the cart corral. Or leave their cart in a handicapped parking slot. Are these people of the "ME" generation(s) or just plain too lazy. Common courtesy along with common sense is rarely seen in these times, IMHO......
SRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 12:57 PM   #22

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Love CB's, Never had a hard time at one yet!
Stop in for a late dinner when we stop, and breakfast when we leave!
The managers have always been friendly and accomodating and the staff has been as well!
RovinOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 01:58 PM   #23

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT View Post
These are the same people that cannot push their shopping cart 25 ft to the cart corral. Or leave their cart in a handicapped parking slot. Are these people of the "ME" generation(s) or just plain too lazy. Common courtesy along with common sense is rarely seen in these times, IMHO......

SRT , your not alone on your opinion, count me as having that opinion also. Sad situation.

Dieselclacker
dieselclacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 04:14 PM   #24

I wonder if these same same inconsiderate people who park their cars in the RV lanes at CB would be so rude as to use the truck lanes at Flying J's when RV lanes are designated, if they owned an RV??
Old 06-09-2011, 04:40 PM   #25
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by MHingFun View Post
I wonder if these same same inconsiderate people who park their cars in the RV lanes at CB would be so rude as to use the truck lanes at Flying J's when RV lanes are designated, if they owned an RV??
Why that's not rude at all, as FJ has invited diesel RV's to use the truck lanes.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 08:18 AM   #26

last time I ate at CB I ordered the pot roast Not bad except for the potatos that had large rotten spots. Manager explained that they couldn't check everything.
bldrbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 08:22 AM   #27

These are the same people that cannot push their shopping cart 25 ft to the cart corral. Or leave their cart in a handicapped parking slot. Are these people of the "ME" generation(s) or just plain too lazy. Common courtesy along with common sense is rarely seen in these times, IMHO...... __________________Why do they put the cart corrals so far from the handicap spot? If the handicap person could corral their cart they would probably park out at the end like everybody else.
Perry White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 11:02 AM   #28

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry White View Post
These are the same people that cannot push their shopping cart 25 ft to the cart corral. Or leave their cart in a handicapped parking slot. Are these people of the "ME" generation(s) or just plain too lazy. Common courtesy along with common sense is rarely seen in these times, IMHO...... __________________Why do they put the cart corrals so far from the handicap spot? If the handicap person could corral their cart they would probably park out at the end like everybody else.
Many stores do have them close, but sadly, many don't. Especially around here. We experience this distance issue a lot.
SyrenSkywolf is offline   Reply With Quote