Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-24-2014, 06:03 PM   #15

Jayco Owners Club
Nathan Cirillo's dogs waiting for him to come home. RIP Nathan.
DonavonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-24-2014, 06:50 PM   #16

Thor Owners Club
Very sad.....There is no solid defence against these lone wolf attacks. But we can't be pushed into living in a state of fear. No way, no how. But never be fooled into believing that there isn't a war going on. Its just coming into our backyard now. Last picture of the Cpl, 10 minutes before the ambush.
Fred1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 07:22 PM   #17

Today, Vets from all over Canada are standing guard at their local War Memorial as a show of solidarity and respect to the fallen one. This incident was a case of one nutter with mental health issues. Thank you to the USA for all the kind words, Canada will stand -'Strong and Free'!
NorthernDriv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 12:20 AM   #18

Sad day for Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lac View Post
K9piper...a simple tune request ...if you know one or both ....the Mist Covered Mountains or The Flowers of the Forest.

With Respect
Coops a pipe band drummer
Lac / Coops,
I did that as you requested as it was an honor to pay tribute to him from a brother and former military man from the USA. At sunset I walked to the end of my property towards the West as the sun was setting...I raised my bagpipes and played "Mist Covered Mountains and followed that with SGT. MacKensie , The Skye Boat Song and Ave Maria". Upon finishing those I ended the playing and tribute of this sad day with "The Flowers of the Forest". I am sure the Cpl. heard every note. May God Bless this honorable son of Canada one of her very best. Rest in peace my fallen brother in arms! I will pray for your family and your soul as you enter th Lords Kingdom.
K9piper
K9Piper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 02:49 PM   #19
Lac

Outdoors RV Owners Club
K9 piper...Thank you my friend... and In Gaelic to you....SLAINTE MHATH GOOD HEALTH ( Slan Juh va)

Coops
Lac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 03:14 PM   #20

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernDriv View Post
Today, Vets from all over Canada are standing guard at their local War Memorial as a show of solidarity and respect to the fallen one. This incident was a case of one nutter with mental health issues. Thank you to the USA for all the kind words, Canada will stand -'Strong and Free'!
No way Jose,it was a case of a Terrorist doing what he had been told to do and all military on duty should have ammo Locked and loaded.
DBOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 04:48 PM   #21

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Can we just show our respect for a fallen soldier, support for his family and condolences to his comrades without some political discourses?

It was a sad day for Canada and senseless at best. I posted the OP's cartoon editorial on my Face Book last night because I found it was something that touched me deep in my soul because the first time I saw it, it brought tears to my eyes.

My thoughts are with all those affected by this murder. Yet, I think that I am seeing Canada approach this issue with a unique calm, resolute air towards the problems it created. That shouldn't be mistaken for lack of will but as a thoughtful, measured approach to the complexities we all face.

Let's not forget that a couple days earlier WO Patrice Vincent was murdered under similar dynamics. His murder may not have been as symbolic as Cpl Cirillo's but was just as sad as Cpl Cirillo's.

God bless Warrant Officer Patrice Vincent and Cpl Nathan Cirillo.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 04:57 PM   #22

Corporal Nathan Cirillo was a son to his parents and a father to his son.

As a father who has lost his only child, I know their suffering and grieve for their loss.

As an American, I grieve for the loss of a Canadian soldier killed while in the service to his country. We're neighbors, allies, and friends.
Bullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 05:08 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 Wideglide View Post
The gunman was shot dead within a half hour. Thats pretty swift justice.
X-2.
Infinityrver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 06:39 PM   #24

Jayco Owners Club
Sorry I can't post a link but search Major Fox Sinke
DonavonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 08:55 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBOL View Post
No way Jose,it was a case of a Terrorist doing what he had been told to do and all military on duty should have ammo Locked and loaded.
First, I offer my love and sorrow for your fallen soldier... Even in the 70's,, we on gaurd duty were given empty rifles... Things have changed in this world,,,, for the worst.... We need to protect ourselves and others ... Fact...
1ST CAV
monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 10:00 PM   #26

Forest River Owners Club
WO Patrice Vincent was run down with a friend when leaving a mall. The perpetrator was a radicalized young man. He was chased, rolled his car, then shot and killed. Cpl. Nathan Cirillo was on guard duty at our nations War Memorial. He was shot by another radicalized man who then shot at a security guard, injuring him, and then ran into the Parliament Buildings...our seat of Govt...where he was ultimately killed after a brief shootout with The Sergeant at Arms.
They were terrorist acts on Home Soil and these two Soldiers should receive the highest honours.
Yes a very sad time in Canada...Remembrance Day...we will remember...and give thanks

Support our troops.

I was an Airforce Brat,and was terribly proud of my Dad.
LittleHouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ada