Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-04-2011, 08:30 AM   #15

Fleetwood Owners Club
Location: Back in Philly for the fall heading to Sunshine before the snow flies
Don't have the short leg problem, but been out to dinner with plenty of folks with short arm syndrome
hondo122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-04-2011, 11:41 AM   #16

My wifes sister went to a chiropractor for over 15 years for back pain; after hundreds of "adjustments" she went to a real doctor; had an MRI done has a pinched nerve. So much for chiropractors. some people sware by them, I went to one "once" laid me on the table, twisted my back, then asked me if I felt better; I couldn't move fast enough to get out of there. ----Gee I guess I must have felt better.
melvonnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 11:49 AM   #17

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondo122 View Post
Don't have the short leg problem, but been out to dinner with plenty of folks with short arm syndrome

I see you've dined with my relatives...

But that reminds me- I wish I'd thought to say originally that Gregg didn't know one leg was shorter until the last couple of years.
And again, his isn't really perceptible to a casual observer, including him.
But any Chiropractor can measure one's legs...

I wonder how many people that have low back pain have the same thing going on and don't realize it!

Francesca
Francesca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 04:30 PM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by melvonnar View Post
My wifes sister went to a chiropractor for over 15 years for back pain; after hundreds of "adjustments" she went to a real doctor; had an MRI done has a pinched nerve. So much for chiropractors. some people sware by them, I went to one "once" laid me on the table, twisted my back, then asked me if I felt better; I couldn't move fast enough to get out of there. ----Gee I guess I must have felt better.
When I first discovered the real problems with my back (Sciatica) I was layed up for eight weeks along with pain killers that did absolutely NOTHING. Numerous trips to the MD, nothing but pills. Then he said we best send you to Emergency as I couldn't walk. Well once there they froze the left leg to ease the pain (NOT!) and decided they take X-rays. Looked at those and said we see nothing wrong with your back. Funny still couldn't walk. Well, really frustrated at this point I went to a chiropractor suggested to me by a few different people. Went in had x-rays taken then sat and waited in the exam room. In he comes and I said before you touch me I have a question. What's that he asked? I just mentioned for one here for the x-rays I was standing at the hospital they had me laying down. He said yes, They're showing you your back the way it should be, I'm showing your back the way it really is. He then helped me to a mirror on the back of the door. (Fuul Length) and asked do you see anything wrong in looking at yourself there? I said not really. Well he lifted a device from the floor level connected to sliding device on each side of the mirror and placed a level on the bar that crossed and asked, is that reading level? I said yes it is. He then raised it to my pelvic region and low and behold placed the level there again (still level) and asked now what do you see? I wasshocked. I was tipped at least two inches in one direction. HMMMM! Well all I can add is that he did an adjustment and I got up and walked out of the office. Something I hadn't been able to do for eight weeks. Before leaving he did give me a series of movements I could do on my own and said I'm a busy guy so if you don't need me I don't need you. How honest is that? He did say if the stretches he showed me don't work then come back to see him. I respect him to this day and he still has his practice in Traverse City, MI and if anyone is in that area and needs some help his name is Thomas Tracy and his practice is still on Eighth Street. I have NO other affiliation with him other then being a past patient.
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 05:02 PM   #19

Vintage RV Owners Club
Wow- that's great, Steve!

Was yours a one-time thing?
Had you somehow thrown your back out of adjustment, and that treatment plus the exercises keeps it in place?
My husband's problem has been that his spine won't stay in alignment despite the adjustments/exercise regimen (he doesn't have much of a belly, either)...
We're hoping that we may have discovered the root cause of the problem, and that the shorter side "correction" will help to keep his back in line.

His life would be just about perfect now if he could only figure out a way to keep ME in line

Francesca
Old 10-06-2011, 05:44 AM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
One time thing? No I have problems from time to time, just have to watch what I do. The original occurence happened back in the mid 70's. I have been in construction all my life so it's been a little hard to keep it under control. Grin and bare it I say. I had seen Dr. Tracy twice after the original consultation but since have just been doing the excersize when needed. I could go on for what this body has been thru but that's a whole book load of stuff so we won't go there. Hope everything goes well for your better half.
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 03:56 PM   #21
doc

Appalachian Campers
So, with back pain on the lower right side, which side do I put the lift in the shoe on?
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 07:01 PM   #22

Vintage RV Owners Club
Hi,Doc

Neither!
Unless you've had your legs measured and found that one is shorter...
Then you put the lift on that side.

And the measuring should be done by a Chiropractor or Orthopedist.

Francesca
Old 10-07-2011, 07:05 PM   #23

For you with degen disc, google LYNX BACK STRECHER. Best $99 you will ever spend.
Perry White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 08:42 PM   #24

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca View Post
Hi, All

Some of you probably already know about this, but for those of you that don't...

My husband has had pain in his lower back for many years and has always attributed it to an injury he sustained as a young (er) man.
I won't go into all the treatments/exercise regimens he's been through- you'll know what those are if you're reading this!
Recently, however, he's discovered something so simple that he wishes he'd considered it sooner...
But it's so easy to take a wife's advice as just more of the usual..."advice"

He's added a lift to his left shoe to compensate for the fact that his left leg is shorter than his right!
Mind you- the difference isn't perceptible to the eye- he doesn't "lean" like the Tower of Pisa. But it's measurable by a chiropractor/doctor. And it matters to the spine!

He only tried a lift to Shut Me Up.
Neither his orthopedist nor his chiropractor suggested this simple mechanical aid, but at his request the chiropractor finally gave him a lift to "try"- and the lower back pain relief was noticeable immediately.
Not to mention the blissful sound of silence at home...

Anyway, the change is so dramatic for him that I thought others might be interested to hear about it.

Hope this helps somebody!

Francesca
i'll bite, did it work?
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 09:40 PM   #25

Monaco Owners Club
I have a friend that has one leg shorter than the other from a car accident. He wears special shoes and the way they are made I couldn't tell until you looked at them closely. I used to have alot of back troubles from too many hrs. of driving trucks. I used to wear cowboy boots all the time and finally a Dr. told me to throw away the boots and get somthing with flat soles. Cured my back aches.