Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-13-2014, 03:43 PM   #15

Fleetwood Owners Club
I get Road Service with my insurance. Have used it 3 times in 6 years, with no problems. Eddie Elk.
1998 Pace Arrow Vision 36' w/460, '03 Honda CRV, FMCA #388823, Gateway Getaways RV Club
eddieelk is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-13-2014, 03:57 PM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Have had Coach Net for the last 3 years and just re-upped for another. Last October, we had a 'rapid loss of air pressure' on a 22.5 dual just on the outskirts of nowhere. I can't remember ever seeing anything resembling a contract, but they did show up promptly with a new tire and we were on our way within two hours...good enough for me. Satisfaction with the cost of the new tire from their contractor...not so much. 'Bout normal.

'05 Monaco Windsor 40 DST - ISL / '08 Wrangler
scenic route is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 03:57 PM   #17

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigman1 View Post
THey'll only give me the guide to the dealer furnished contract. My year on that expires Jan 15th, and that contract is different from the other's they offer. And, of course, since I'm not a dealer I can't renew that one.

The reason I posted this on NUMEROUS forums is that many folks only follow one forum. If you've already read it once, that's what that delete key on your keyboard is for.
I wonder if the OP isn't getting "Roadside Assistance" confused with a service policy?

Actually I prefer the "ignore" setting.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 04:14 PM   #18

I've had Coach Net since 1994, never seen their actual contract. Used their service at least 5 times, never had any trouble with them. Highly recommend! Pretty strange they won't make that contract available, doesn't seem to make sense, I would call again and escalate...
Old 01-13-2014, 04:56 PM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
I thought you had a legal right to read the "contract" before you signed or in this case paid the fee?

Wasn't posting here enough? I see the same post over on the other big RV site.
Wow, all these years...I didn't realize you can only post once on one site only...i normally post on as many as i want the info to get out on....hmmmm...Chuck
chuckster52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 05:33 PM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
As Steve has stated more than once, there is NO contract for you or them to sign in front of a Notary binding the contract.

There are three plan levels, Limited, Basic & Premier that you can choose from depending on the services that you want to have available to you. It doesn't get any simpler than that.

And BTW, Coach-Net does NOT keep secrets at all. Their web site explains EVERYTHING you need to know. No hidden fees or lies.

Home Page - Coach-Net.com

They have a plan comparison page.

Coach-Net - Compare Plans

Then if you have questions, they have a FAQ page.

Coach-Net - FAQs

Then if you still have any questions that wasn't answered in the FAQ, you can then contact them with your questions.

Coach-Net - Contact Us

So, after all of that, if you still don't like Coach-Net, then go to Camping World and purchase the Good Sam Roadside Service. Ask for their contract and I guarantee you that they WON'T have one.

I have had Coach-Net for almost 4 years. I signed up in 2010 for three years and when the renewal came up I singed up for three more.

Between the two, I prefer Coach-Net based on the services that they offer. Personal opinion, it's that simple.

Have I use them, you bettcha. Twice so far, each for a flat on my trailer (my Rolling Garage). Once in Whitehorse Yukon and another in Calgary Alberta Canada.

I won't leave home without it.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 07:05 PM   #21

Entegra Owners Club
Just curious, did the OP get a written contract before he signed up for cellphone, sat TV, credit card, or health insurance? Every one of those contracts provides that the issuer can make changes whenever they like. Besides, who has time to read all that phonebook-sized legalese? I take the deal that looks right, and if I don' t like it, I don't renew.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 07:57 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
Just curious, did the OP get a written contract before he signed up for cellphone, sat TV, credit card, or health insurance? Every one of those contracts provides that the issuer can make changes whenever they like. .
You bet I did! Have you tried to cancel your cell contract without a penalty??
Pigman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 08:11 PM   #23

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I've pretty much said what I have to say on this - but I have read threads on the topic of Coach Net Roadside Service plans being provided by an RV Sales Center as a perk for buying a coach. As I recall, they were usually reported as being the lowest level plan - not some special contract designed for the sales center. Just the basic plan.

Richard -Thanks for doing the heavy lifting. :-) Sometimes it takes a lot of words to explain the not worth knowing. I was short on time.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 08:11 PM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster52 View Post
Wow, all these years...I didn't realize you can only post once on one site only...i normally post on as many as i want the info to get out on....hmmmm...Chuck
News to me too.

BTW I've had CoachNet now for 4 years, used them 3 times. Great service.

I made my selection based on the information presented on their web site.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 08:24 AM   #25

Excel Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Google "implied contract"
chief02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 08:32 AM   #26

I guess if you need service 1 week into the contract that ends the contract. Interesting. I always thought you were purchasing road service for a year. Apparently not so. You are paying for a single event not a year of service. Wonder if GS ERS is the same 1 event only?
wyorancher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 08:34 AM   #27
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyorancher View Post
I guess if you need service 1 week into the contract that ends the contract. Interesting. I always thought you were purchasing road service for a year. Apparently not so. You are paying for a single event not a year of service. Wonder if GS ERS is the same 1 event only?
Where did this come from ?

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 08:36 AM   #28

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyorancher View Post
Don't get this???? I have not experienced this. I used them twice in one month.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote