Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-05-2021, 11:58 AM   #1261

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by F4Gary View Post
There are as many Cons as there are Pros to expanding the playoff.
They were supposed to decide on Dec 1st but postponed it/kick it down the road.
I think Bama and UGA need to play each other in the first round.

1. Mich
2. Bama
3. UGA
4. Cincy

Flame on!
F4Gary

It is your lucky day! I see a new RV in your future!

You have a chance to cash in on your pick!

Today Vegas has the line with Georgia over Michigan by 7.5 points
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-05-2021, 11:23 PM   #1262

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bylandorsea View Post
. .

I sail gate at the Tennessee home games and make homemade orange ice cream.

We will both be retired by football season next year I am looking forward to tail gating in the RV at the away games. . .
Nice sailgating photos Blos, that's really cool. Make plans to come and watch your Vols visit Lincoln in 2026, and then the Huskers return the favor in Knoxville in 2027

Near as I can tell, you can prolly take your boat up the Missouri River and dock at Plattsmouth, Nebraska. Let me know if you will need a lift from there to Lincoln
Old 12-06-2021, 05:48 AM   #1263

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffAZ View Post
Huh? Well, you better explain that rule to your 2017 Crimson Tiders, along with the 2016 Buckeyes and the Fighting Irish teams of 2018 and 2019.

And yes congrats to the Utes. The Ducks just don't match up with them, 2 beat-downs (38-7 and 38-10) in 3 weeks

But it will be weird seeing the Utes in the Rose Bowl.

I agree. No conference championship, no playoff. Why should Georgia lose its championship game badly and still get in the playoffs over ND who’s only loss was to undefeated Cincy early in the season.
Btw. Georgia opponents winning percentage 52.11%. Who did they play??? So that blowout loss to Bama shows how overrated the SEC is in committee eyes. The CFP is more opinionated than the BCS ever was.

8 — 16 team super conferences
8 — conference champions
8 —- team playoffs
Win your conference your in.
Get rid of the stupid polls and committees
Dennis Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 07:25 AM   #1264

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Dean View Post
I agree. No conference championship, no playoff. Why should Georgia lose its championship game badly and still get in the playoffs over ND who’s only loss was to undefeated Cincy early in the season.
Btw. Georgia opponents winning percentage 52.11%. Who did they play??? So that blowout loss to Bama shows how overrated the SEC is in committee eyes. The CFP is more opinionated than the BCS ever was.

8 — conference champions
8 —- team playoffs
I for one would like to see Notre Dame play

That is why I say let the top eight play then we would see!

We for sure will see how Cincinnati plays this year.

Since 2014 four teams play in two semifinal games, and the winner of each semifinal advanced to the College Football Playoff National Championship game

In the 7 years since 2014 (4 team play off) the SEC has won the National Championship 4 times,

Runner up 3 times

The SEC was the was both the National Champion and runner up in 2017

Some times it is better to be lucky than good

The picture is returning from the Florida game a few years ago. I hope to do this in my RV for next years away games. Stop by and have a bowl of orange ice cream. If
the good Lord is willing I hope to have a picture of the RV at a tailgate this fall. Happy Camping!
Attached Images

Old 12-06-2021, 09:10 AM   #1265

Quote:

8 — conference champions
8 —- team playoffs
Problem is, the $ec and Big10 aren't going to want to share their TV contracts.
College football is changing and it isn't for the better.
Old 12-06-2021, 10:23 AM   #1266

UC Bearcats

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbridinger View Post
I guess I was mainly referring to ND. They have no business to be in the playoffs. I predict this years lesson will be Cinci as they will be destroyed. No disrespect intended but they are not in the same talent arena. They do have a great running back in Ford....... an Alabama transfer.
We will see if Cinti becomes 'destroyed' or not. I highly doubt it will be a blow-out as you allude to? Cinti QB is ranked #3 for most wins in all of college football history, as well as other Bearcat records. Plus they haven't lost a game in 25 games as well as having one of the best coaches in college!
If Alabama plays like they did against Auburn last week then we definitely have a good chance.
Time will tell
Old 12-06-2021, 12:18 PM   #1267
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Being from OH, I'm rootin' for Cinci. It's like David going up against Goliath, so ya can't count out the little guy. GO BEARCATS!
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 01:25 PM   #1268

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
Being from OH, I'm rootin' for Cinci. It's like David going up against Goliath, so ya can't count out the little guy. GO BEARCATS!
Should be a good game, I know I will watch.
Old 12-07-2021, 05:54 AM   #1269

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
What happens to Cincy will determine how "Group of 5" teams are handled going forward, even if they expand the CFP. They'll have most of the country behind them.
2022 F350 DRW King Ranch 4 x 4
Scottybdivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 06:05 AM   #1270

ROLL TIDE . We'll take care of business .
deckape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 07:30 AM   #1271

Quote:

8 — conference champions
8 —- team playoffs

For one, they had a "blow out" win over a team Alabama took 4 overtimes to barely squeak by.

Personally, I think the big money, at least for NCAA, TV, and Vegas, is Georgia vs Alabama for the Natty, and that wouldn't happen if Georgia had beaten Alabama for SEC championship.
Old 12-07-2021, 10:17 AM   #1272

I have a friend who is a BYU fan who claims that the Cougars should be the PAC12's rep in the Rose Bowl.

And actually he does have a couple of good points:
-BYU is 5-0 against the PAC12 this season
-BYU defeated PAC12 champion Utah 26-17

Also, I am continuing the tradition of Sam60 (the late great originator of this thread) of establishing an iRV2 group in the annual Capital One Bowl Mania pick'em contest. Let's get a bunch of our own smart RV/college football enthusiasts entered to compete. It's free, and you may even win a million bucks!

The group is called the "iRV2 Crew" and you only have to pick the straight winner of each bowl, no point spreads involved. Bowl season starts Friday, Dec. 17.
Good Luck

https://fantasy.espn.com/games/colle...3&joining=true
Old 12-07-2021, 11:49 AM   #1273

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffAZ View Post
I have a friend who is a BYU fan who claims that the Cougars should be the PAC12's rep in the Rose Bowl.

And actually he does have a couple of good points:
-BYU is 5-0 against the PAC12 this season
-BYU defeated PAC12 champion Utah 26-17

Also, I am continuing the tradition of Sam60 (the late great originator of this thread) of establishing an iRV2 group in the annual Capital One Bowl Mania pick'em contest. Let's get a bunch of our own smart RV/college football enthusiasts entered to compete. It's free, and you may even win a million bucks!

The group is called the "iRV2 Crew" and you only have to pick the straight winner of each bowl, no point spreads involved. Bowl season starts Friday, Dec. 17.
Good Luck

https://fantasy.espn.com/games/colle...3&joining=true
I just joined...

My Seminoles just beat BYU for the women's soccer NCAA National Championship!
Old 12-07-2021, 04:24 PM   #1274

Good job Gary, so far we are both undefeated!

I never knew FSU was a soccer school. Just like Nebraska is now a volleyball and bowling school