Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-16-2011, 11:40 AM   #1

Gulf Streamers Club
colorado river adventure

just wondering if there is anybody that has a membership with this company. I have heard that it is a scam and im trying to get some information because they keep calling me.
flukey81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-16-2011, 11:58 AM   #2

We have a CRA membership and it is well worth the money spent. We spend the winters at the Emerald Cove park by Parker, AZ. Good to excellent facilities if you like water sports. Good swimming pools and activities.

Be there October 25/11
Jim Gehlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 12:59 PM   #3

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by flukey81 View Post
just wondering if there is anybody that has a membership with this company. I have heard that it is a scam and im trying to get some information because they keep calling me.
A little late now but if you don't want unsolicited offers stay away from the "free giveaway" drawings at camping world.

Wanabee FTer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 01:05 PM   #4

Smile

Flukey81, we don't belong but have 4 friends that do and they really enjoy Emerald Cove.

Ray
jackandh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 01:15 PM   #5

Bit off thread..but Park Moab at the I-40 over the river is nice.
2912N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 09:32 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I have CRA membership we bought last sept at Havasu Springs. Make sure you get everything in writing. We got 30 free days a year as a perk to buy. I called to make the 30 day reservation and they said I could not use it if there was a holiday during the 30 days due to being crowded on holidays. They include mothers day and fathers day on there list of holidays. I think there only 2-3 times a year with no holidays during a 30 day period. But they let me stay for 2 months including 2 holidays, if I spent the $95 for buy weeks, they weren't to busy when it came to money. There favorite answer is "read your contract". Twice they froze my account and would not let me reserve due to a $10 accounting error on their part. After arguing, and faxing canceled checks to them, they realized they made a mistake. Never a sorry once. If I refer a friend or relative and they buy I get a free year of dues, however I don't like CRA enough to refer to anybody.

Would I buy again, knowing what I know now? NO

I used the RPI once, and it seemed pretty good.
smack2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 10:10 AM   #7

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
smack2020,
Thanks for the honest answer. I have never felt a need to join any membership CG's since there are so many nice places to stay without one. I don't give my number out to anyone, but got duped/pushed into entering a "contest" while I was shopping at campingworld. I was very upset when CRA called and said we won something, only to find it was a sales pitch.

Wanabee FTer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 10:48 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
We did one of those free 3 day 2 night trips to Emerald Cove a couple of years ago. We must have hit it during peak season as the place was packed. The sewer smells were overpowering and the big loud ski boats started running at daybreak and did not stop till late. They have two pools both were packed and even though one was for adults only if was full of kids also. The sales pitch was pretty high pressure but they were fairly reasonable when we said it was not our cup or tea.
bdpreece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 10:51 AM   #9

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We've been members for about 10 yrs, have enjoyed many trips to Emerald Cove. We keep our pontoon there over the winter and go there several times for 1 to 2 weeks at a time. We use Yuma Lakes and North Shore (Needles) for overnights when traveling to CA. It has been worth it for us.

Glenn