Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-08-2014, 05:00 PM   #15

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeRevell View Post
Back in high school, we had a group of kids take the Coach's little Honda .----
In the 50's--My neighbor had a little Crosley car, for halloween, a bunch of kids put it up the steps on to his front porch. Local policeman rounded them up and had them put it back on the street. No harm no foul. Today I'm afraid there would be civil disobedience, charges, lawyers and demonstrations.
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-08-2014, 05:03 PM   #16
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooligan View Post
In the 50's--My neighbor had a little Crosley car, for halloween, a bunch of kids put it up the steps on to his front porch. Local policeman rounded them up and had them put it back on the street. No harm no foul.
Exactly what was done back then with VW's in my neighborhood. No harm is the key.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 05:24 PM   #17

Gulf Streamers Club
I drove a Nash Metropolitan while in high school. One Spring morning a bunch of guys in the parking lot lifted me in the car up and carried us into the school lobby. The bell rang and they took off for homeroom. The Principal came out of the office and wanted to know how I got there. I told him that I had my foot on the brake but it did no good since the wheels were in the air. He asked if I could drive it out if he propped the doors open. I started it up and he cautioned me not to leave rubber in the lobby! I told him I doubt if the 1.5 L Lucas engine was capable, he didn't want to test it.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 06:48 PM   #18

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by scenic route View Post
Oh, what will these crazy 'pranksters' come up with next. But, as long as they are having some good clean fun, what's the harm?
But insurance companies are in it to make a profit, thus in order to cover the increased cost of all the repairs these "Praknksters" are costing them they have no choice but raise the rates ACROSS THE BOARD cause they can not fault the car's owner. So, Senic, it's costing YOU, personally (And me as well) MONEY.

Do you see more clearly now.

And it is not just clean fun,,, It is FELONY tampering with an auto and FELONY destruction of property,, This is no prank, if caught they can and should do hard time in prison for a while to contemplate their wrongdoing.

And of course compensate the car's owner to the tune of 300% of the damage + inconvience they cause.

Another thing to consider.. You get home, put your feet up, and suddenly your wife needs to make a quick trip to, oh, perhaps the Maternity room. you put your shoes back on and go out to your car carrying her suitcase.. Tipped over.. Now you not only have to call 9-1-1 and get an ambulance,, Which adds to the time to get there... But you also have no way of bringing her and the new baby home.

Now do you see more clearly.

Tipping over cars is a FELONY and for good reason.

Of course on a lighter note when I first read the subject I expected a joke.> Something like a bunch of kids were out cow tipping and having a lot of fun tipping them over, but there were a couple that just woudl not tip over. Oh they wobbled a bit but did not fall down.

Finally one kid says to the other: Why won't these tip over and fall down. and one of them answered "We Bulls Wobble but we Won't Fall Down".

Ducking and running very fast I am.
Old 04-08-2014, 10:08 PM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
If that is what is required for good clean fun then the perpetrators need a good clean boot in the rear.
When I was a youngster I wasn't perfect, and while being not perfect someone older would straighten me out. I learned very quickly to respect people and their property. The trouble today is there is no consequences for their actions. The innocent always pay.
Old 04-08-2014, 10:56 PM   #20

I use to think Senic had some good sense, but I changed my mind.
Wayne MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 11:51 PM   #21

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hmm, it may be time to lock my Smart to the tow bar rather than just using hitch pins. Let then try to tip it over with the Moho attached.

Smart body panels are plastic, not metal so there wouldn't be substantial body damage. I keep my insurance rates really low by carrying at $2,000 deductible. You bet I'd sue Daddy if junior pulls this prank on me.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 01:01 AM   #22

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
When I was in HS in the late fifties several of my classmates had Isettas. One of them was the son of a justice of the peace in an area just outside of our town and the classmate was a real dork and his dad was a real Pr*** when it came to kids in his court. We used to put his car up on the bull rail which ran all around the parking lot and was high enuff to keep the wheels off the ground. Once it got put up in the crotch of one of the trees next to the lot. It was about three feet off the ground.
Now guess who is the JP today? ooppss.
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 07:50 AM   #23

iRV2 No Limits Club
These kids have too much time on their hands.

Most of my generation, (baby boomers) were too tired to be out tipping cars.

We were kept busy............. working!!!!

What few pranks we pulled were not harmful. If they were, the law, (our parents) came down hard and showed us the error of our ways.
Dog Folks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 09:01 AM   #24

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Folks View Post
These kids have too much time on their hands.

Most of my generation, (baby boomers) were too tired to be out tipping cars.

We were kept busy............. working!!!!

What few pranks we pulled were not harmful. If they were, the law, (our parents) came down hard and showed us the error of our ways.
Oh come on! I had my first paying job at 14 but still had energy for mischief! I agree, they weren't harmful (to us). I bet you also had to walk both ways uphill to school in snowstorms too!

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 09:14 AM   #25

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post
Oh come on! I had my first paying job at 14 but still had energy for mischief! I agree, they weren't harmful (to us). I bet you also had to walk both ways uphill to school in snowstorms too!
You must have had more energy or less to do than I.

Up at six, 1 1/2 hour bus ride to regional school. Out at 3. 1 1/2 bus ride back. City bus ride for 1/2 hour to work. Washed dishes until 1:00 a.m.
Arrived home around 2:00a.m. 5 days a week, sometimes six, depending on band schedule.

Sometimes, we had time to steal apples.

And no, we did not have to walk in the snow, although there was plenty of it to shovel.

Not complaining. That was just the way it was.

I'm sure some teenagers today have a hectic schedule today, but many do not, and that is where the trouble begins.
Dog Folks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 09:24 AM   #26

Monaco Owners Club
I guess I forgot one of these.... I was being sarcastic at the media referring to these acts of malicious vandalism as "PRANKS".

I find it incredible that the media seems to lend a degree of acceptance to some of these unlawful acts by their sugar coated labels. I'm well aware that these lawless acts cost us all millions every year. I know these types of crimes(and that is exactly what they are) are not easy to nail down, but I sure wish law enforcement could get a little more aggressive in the apprehension department...I think the whole thing is very frustrating(especially for the victims) and I apologize for any misunderstanding.

'05 Monaco Windsor 40 DST - ISL / '08 Wrangler
scenic route is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 10:16 AM   #27

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Speaking of kids of VIPs... Had a kid tossing rocks etc off a bridge overpass at cars on the freeway below.. Well when that pretty royal blue job with gold (maze) Trim and additional RED light on top passed by he just could not resist bouncing a rock or brick off it.. The troopers inside however were not happy. They managed to get off the freeway and give chase, on foot, They chased the kid perhaps 10 or 20 yeards and then stopped and found places of concelment.

Junior ran through the bushes and he ran through the brambles and he ran throght the hedges where a rabbit couldn't go (Take off from an old song) bottom line is he ran and ran and finally returned to the scene cause that's where his car was... And when he got there he found two well rested troopers waiting and ready to take him to jail.

His mother was a city commissioner.

Yup, Throwing Missles (Any solid object) at a vehicle.... FELONY.
Old 04-09-2014, 10:24 AM   #28
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Yeah, the pranksters started doing it here recently. Columbus recently put in place a rent-a-car in the downtown area. Now those are the targets. I guess the campus kids are getting restless. Drinking & setting dumpsters on fire wasn't enough for them.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote